Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

On 22/04/2019 at 04:39, Harold996tt said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1976-Porsche-911-Carrera-Manual/SSE-AD-5869464

This looks bloody brilliant. And being an RJP car.... Wow.... 

The car has been around for 2 years or so , not sure how u would get rego , it’s gotta be worth that in parts 

I have heard many talk about it , I thought we had discussed it ?? 

Nice car dealership MT Buffalo , car presentation not so good , mostly dirty cars offers 😂

D4B69E1C-CCDA-44D2-BA83-F1273765DEE7.jpeg

On 22/04/2019 at 04:39, Harold996tt said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1976-Porsche-911-Carrera-Manual/SSE-AD-5869464

This looks bloody brilliant. And being an RJP car.... Wow.... 

The car has been around for 2 years or so , not sure how u would get rego , it’s gotta be worth that in parts 

I have heard many talk about it , I thought we had discussed it ?? 

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 20:08, clutch-monkey said:

owned by a forum member. it is a solid car.

A conversion from LHD too?

Actually being non original is probably one of it's greatest attractions, although I like the price, colour and the wheels too, if you wanted a car to actually drive rather than just keep in the garage for monthly coffee runs.  I'd have no qualms in tossing all the horrible old turbo tech and turning it into a cracker with power EVERYWHERE.

2 hours ago, Peter M said:

A conversion from LHD too?

Actually being non original is probably one of it's greatest attractions, although I like the price, colour and the wheels too, if you wanted a car to actually drive rather than just keep in the garage for monthly coffee runs.  I'd have no qualms in tossing all the horrible old turbo tech and turning it into a cracker with power EVERYWHERE.

none of my cars are original. it's the best because i don't care about driving them to melbourne and back and tinkering on them.

though some will cry if they find out my track car is an aus delivered no sunroof manual coupe

On 30/04/2019 at 20:08, clutch-monkey said:

owned by a forum member. it is a solid car.

On 30/04/2019 at 16:24, LeeM said:

Probably people scared of UK cars and non matching numbers. Would be a fun car for a lot less money when you think an Aussie Turbo I know of here in SA sold for $275k recently, so people are still buying the right cars.

This has been on carsales for ~2yrs.  If my memory is correct I don't think the price has changed in that time.  So I can't help wonder if there is actually an issue with the car or the owner just doesn't mind waiting for a buyer at that price and not fussed if it sells or not ??  Nice looking 930

On 04/05/2019 at 18:17, Troubleshooter said:

I'll bet the Shannons 356 ends up at around 70 - 80k

Possibly because most people do not know what's involved in a resto (time and money). I reckon this car would cost around $120k to restore if you have someone else doing the work. Body work alone would be around $60 to $70k guaranteed. Gearbox and other missing parts would be $10k. Suspension, electrics, brakes and steering would be $15k. Engine reco $10k. Interior $15k. And here is your $120k

Just now, Thommo66 said:

Anybody know anything about this car ?  Asking price seems to good to be true ... which means ... ?

Check out this 1976 Porsche 911 Manual On carsales.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1976-Porsche-911-Manual/SSE-AD-5472157

It’s a 912 and has been around for ages. I’m sure it was mentioned waaay back in the thread about someone going to look but no reports came back. The LHD white targa is a much better proposition at that money

8 hours ago, turboT said:

believe it or not 'TANGY' is also available in NSW

someone must have seen ur advert Tom 

Unless it’s a private sale, Not on myplates under search website unless you add letters or numbers.

1 hour ago, Tips said:

It’s a 912 and has been around for ages. I’m sure it was mentioned waaay back in the thread about someone going to look but no reports came back. The LHD white targa is a much better proposition at that money

someone must have seen ur advert Tom 

Unless it’s a private sale, Not on myplates under search website unless you add letters or numbers.

Lhd white targa is sold...

13 hours ago, hugh said:

I was only looking for it earlier for a friend, looked like a great buy. 

It would have been a great buy. It was one on my list but unfortunately I’m not going to be able to pull the trigger until late July 

Cheap cheap cheap

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1983-Porsche-911-SC-Manual/SSE-AD-6072917

20 minutes ago, Dave986 said:

It would have been a great buy. It was one on my list but unfortunately I’m not going to be able to pull the trigger until late July 

Cheap cheap cheap

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1983-Porsche-911-SC-Manual/SSE-AD-6072917

It seems the cheaper options are starting to return... and they're not flying out the door 

15 hours ago, hugh said:

I was only looking for it earlier for a friend, looked like a great buy. 

I tried to contact this guy a few times but no response through CS. Was trying to understand the history and the wide body material which looks like fibreglass. I thought a good hot rod base.  Interesting it’s just had a price drop, maybe now more motivated to respond and closer to you Hugh than me.

87D63AA3-B556-47AC-8865-04CAD606031F.png

6 hours ago, rafikdous said:

Mine has been for sale for not much more but its even a better base because its a long nose '73

Was sold through Graysonline but had a stupid waste of time non-paying bidder. It will be up for auction again soon

https://www.graysonline.com/lot/0011-3441371/?mode=preview

It would be a good car to rescue and return to its former glory.