Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

2 minutes ago, LeeM said:

You're not alone mate. I'm pretty sure most here would be wanting to slap the owner who abandoned them. 

Except Adam though. He wouldn't give a shit unless it was a 928 😁

You know me well!

After all they have made over 1 million 911s, quite common really..... 🙄

21 minutes ago, raafrebel2 said:

That’s the thing ... out of curiosity.. what is a good start point offer on a car without insulting ? 

I looked at a 997 4S on the weekend that was originally listed for 125k ( a low k blue one on Carsales) , then he reduced the price to 120, then 115 and he rang me and offered it to me for 100 k 

i never made an offer as it’s a non PDK auto ..

shoule one start at 30k below asking price ?

Depends on the car.

Its unusual for an owner to slash 20% off the price in a few phone calls (but not unheard of), it really depends on the seller and how motivated they are to move the car.

Contrary to popular opinion it isn't easy to move a car over $100k in price, and you get totally reamed on a trade of one of these things. It is common for someone who needs to move on, to accept $5k or $10k over trade. You also have to factor market conditions into the equation as well, and how long the car has been sitting.

Having said that the right car will be much harder to negotiate on. So for your example if that 4S was a 2S with a manual gearbox, and the right other fruit, you'd find the seller much more reluctant to move on price.

The closer to the ideal spec, the harder it is to do a deal that everyone is happy with.

40 minutes ago, raafrebel2 said:

That’s the thing ... out of curiosity.. what is a good start point offer on a car without insulting ? 

I looked at a 997 4S on the weekend that was originally listed for 125k ( a low k blue one on Carsales) , then he reduced the price to 120, then 115 and he rang me and offered it to me for 100 k 

I wouldn’t pay more than $1000 for that 

Even scare face loved these 

50 minutes ago, raafrebel2 said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/_/SSE-AD-5642639?_ga=2.11789437.81617699.1557850333-1805206172.1511443082

as a guideline, this sold for close to asking pricing, i watched it for a while. started at $100k from memory and took a few months to finally sell.

2 hours ago, raafrebel2 said:

With the 991.1 S I’d offer the $135k that’s your budget. It’s nothing personal, just explain that’s your budget, don’t get into any negatives & it’s just a business transaction, you’ve got everything to gain & nothing to lose. I never get involved in running peoples cars down or trying to pick faults, just say what you’re prepared/can pay & leave it at that.

11 minutes ago, GC9911 said:

With the 991.1 S I’d offer the $135k that’s your budget. It’s nothing personal, just explain that’s your budget, don’t get into any negatives & it’s just a business transaction, you’ve got everything to gain & nothing to lose. I never get involved in running peoples cars down or trying to pick faults, just say what you’re prepared/can pay & leave it at that.

This is really great advice!

When buying, you just have to think about the times you’ve been a seller. I’m not interested in a story about what my car’s worth, just what someone will pay . Usually the story just annoys you, and the lower the offer is, the stupider the story gets 😄... 

That’s the way I deal with buying now. Nice and simple. First price is your best price and either you strike a deal or walk away. No story, just the number I can pay. Everyone appreciates that I think.

3 hours ago, JWM said:

When buying, you just have to think about the times you’ve been a seller. I’m not interested in a story about what my car’s worth, just what someone will pay . Usually the story just annoys you, and the lower the offer is, the stupider the story gets 😄... 

That’s the way I deal with buying now. Nice and simple. First price is your best price and either you strike a deal or walk away. No story, just the number I can pay. Everyone appreciates that I think.

I agree, as long as you don’t hassle the seller if he says no. I’m selling a car, and getting the occasional lowball. I simply reply with No, Sorry. Some end it there which is fine. Others keep begging you to accept their low offer which is not cool

12 hours ago, JWM said:

How I do things as well.  Don’t justify, just state your offer politely.  Don’t get upset if counter offer or refusal.  Either buy or don’t buy, don’t discuss the cars good and bad points.  You can keep those to yourself unless it is part of the deal (ie, offer includes fixing problem x at mechanic y)

I used to try and list the reasons behind an offer, but 99% of the time you just rathole on the reasons instead of the offer.  In the end they’ll either accept or refuse.  A straight up offer with no associated BS also makes the seller consider you are not going to stuff them about mid-transaction.  We’ve all been there when a buyer complains about a bunch of stuff, then settles on a price and then comes back later with more whinging and a change in offer or timing or something.

Applies to much more in life than buying cars as well.

51 minutes ago, James P said:

Anyone know this car?? & what it may be worth??

1975 Carrera MFI 2.7 (rest of world) group S race car raced by Anthony Comptom

Im seeking any info on it, history or who looked after it in Sydney 

@Skidmarks @dipstick 

Screen%20Shot%202019-05-17%20at%2010.03.

just have a good chat to the seller 😂😂

1 hour ago, James P said:

@Skidmarks @dipstick 

Car went through last night and was referred to highest bidder, was that you?

That referral figure is what it was worth on the night to whoever showed interest.

3 hours ago, James P said:

@Skidmarks @dipstick 

Pretty sure PRT used to do track support for it at Group S races. 

4 hours ago, dipstick said:

Car went through last night and was referred to highest bidder, was that you?

That referral figure is what it was worth on the night to whoever showed interest.

So what do you think its worth as a normal sale..?

I've spoken to PR & they haven't seen it for 3 years or so but apparently a very good car with a fresh engine when it left PR but now unknown 

53 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Good job ScoMo.  P car price expectations back to normality now I wonder???

Went to a house auction yesterday. There was a big crowd and the house sold way above expectations for ~ $4m.

The feeling around was like pre-downturn days. I think a family bought it (not the 'investor') , so we may be getting back to normal soon? 

8 hours ago, Zelrik911 said:

Went to a house auction yesterday. There was a big crowd and the house sold way above expectations for ~ $4m.

The feeling around was like pre-downturn days. I think a family bought it (not the 'investor') , so we may be getting back to normal soon? 

Hopefully across the board with everything. Things seem to be slow with everything in the last month .

I have been buying and selling bevel Ducati’s as an interest for a while and they have stopped dead in their smelly oily tracks .

Could  not get enough of them 6 months ago 

14 minutes ago, Peter M said:

I think its all more related to the end of easy credit for property purchases and the death of interest only loans.

I think this will be a long term thing that won't disappear now the election is settled.

That may be true . I found with most the people I sold bikes to in fact all were not credit guys 

26 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

That may be true . I found with most the people I sold bikes to in fact all were not credit guys 

So you reckon either the elections have really spooked the bevel buyers or just maybe they rely on payments from the credit guys?

Good news nevertheless, since I've realised recently I need to buy a bevel before too much longer!