Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

39 minutes ago, edgy said:

This is superb - https://classicthrottleshop.com/1980-porsche-928-cashmere-beige/ 

40 minutes ago, edgy said:

This is superb - https://classicthrottleshop.com/1980-porsche-928-cashmere-beige/ 

1980-Porsche-928-Kaschmir-Beige-7.jpg

But $80k and automatic... 

Thoughts? 

Thoughts? 

Since you ask, my first thoughts are that it's either my old eyes or a trick of the light, but that photo shows up all that is wrong with the 928 from a style perspective.

55 minutes ago, ANF said:

Why is it ridiculous, just because it's not a 911!! Geez, 928s are worth big $ overseas and one like this with low km would be well into $100k overseas....

Old 911s are ridiculously overpriced too

55 minutes ago, ANF said:

1 hour ago, raafrebel2 said:

Sweet ride... unfortunately, it’s about 30k above my budget range .. I’m looking for a solid 997.2

which makes me wonder .. why is it that 997.2 prices are still so high? 

Most “S” models are hovering around 150k . I could buy a 991 for that much cash 

Don’t be afraid to make an offer, you might be surprised, it’s an awesome car, I traded it on a GTS.

2 hours ago, JLD said:

I like the car, but that price is ridiculous. Maybe if it was a 78 manual green with Pasha, then maybe

Yes, if it were the holy trinity of S1, manual and Pasha trim... it’d be far more compelling. 

1 hour ago, ANF said:

Why is it ridiculous, just because it's not a 911!! Geez, 928s are worth big $ overseas and one like this with low km would be well into $100k overseas....

Because relatively speaking, it is a huge ask for what it is... it’s got nothing to do with the 3 numeric characters that define its model... I have no problem expressing my thoughts on the plethora of $100K+ SC’s and 3.2’s... they are f*cking dreaming. 

Shit, maybe we need to start using gender neutral terms around here when we talk about Porsche, in case we potentially offend other members .. 😂 

58 minutes ago, 901er said:

Love it. Why wouldn’t you ask 80k? Not like there’s another just the same around the corner for less

Agree.... its certainly not my thing, but I can appreciate that it looks in great nick & you’re very unlikely to bump into something at a C&C with the same colour scheme ..... and compared to what people are paying for other cars (P & non-P cars) it is probably a fair price point.  

Of course you can ask whatever you want.... its what you GET that matters!

2 hours ago, 9er said:

Since you ask, my first thoughts are that it's either my old eyes or a trick of the light, but that photo shows up all that is wrong with the 928 from a style perspective.

I have to agree ... that colour does nothing to enhance the shape ...

Some colours just work with some cars and some colours just don't ... this one don't..

There was a white 1980 928 for sale recently on ebay , seller claimed the 1980 year build was the rarest and it was insured for $45000. It failed to meet reserve and was passed in at $20300.  It was nowhere near as nice as that one.

15 hours ago, 9er said:

Amazing what taking a photo of a car with the wrong lens can do.....

87195424_Porsche-928-1978-15B65360305229171.thumb.jpg.029b2059451e45b963d3c6d83384ed4e.jpg

19 minutes ago, Shedpest said:

Who'd be game to take that on, even for only, say, $5-10k???  Looks like another rustier one next to it, and a 996 or 7 Cab on the other side??

26 minutes ago, LeeM said:

You hadnt seen my back lawn before last weekend mate! 

I would have thought if there were some 911,s sitting in a paddock somewhere in SA  you would have heard about it ? I know nearly everyone in SA it’s not very big 

Just now, wilson59 said:

I would have thought if there were some 911,s sitting in a paddock somewhere in SA  you would have heard about it ? I know nearly everyone in SA it’s not very big 

You have known to be wrong about stuff as well 

21 hours ago, GC9911 said:

Don’t be afraid to make an offer, you might be surprised, it’s an awesome car, I traded it on a GTS.

That’s the thing ... out of curiosity.. what is a good start point offer on a car without insulting ? 

I looked at a 997 4S on the weekend that was originally listed for 125k ( a low k blue one on Carsales) , then he reduced the price to 120, then 115 and he rang me and offered it to me for 100 k 

i never made an offer as it’s a non PDK auto ..

shoule one start at 30k below asking price ?

5 hours ago, Shedpest said:

I wouldn’t pay more than $1000 for that 

23 hours ago, edgy said:

1980-Porsche-928-Kaschmir-Beige-7.jpg

Thoughts? 

Even scare face loved these 

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

You have known to be wrong about stuff as well 

Not me mate. I'm usually near last to hear about anything like this

I'm also usually never right mate

5 hours ago, Shedpest said:

I might be on my own here.... but that just makes me sad. What a waste.  Some air-cooled lovin'  PFA'r could have been SMTing in that.

2 minutes ago, Rick V said:

I might be on my own here.... but that just makes me sad. What a waste

You're not alone mate. I'm pretty sure most here would be wanting to slap the owner who abandoned them. 

Except Adam though. He wouldn't give a shit unless it was a 928 😁