Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

That blue car does look vaguely familiar -  it might have been passed around the Motor Trade in Melbourne for quite a while. Perhaps I saw it sitting at MaxOuzas in Balwyn about 10 months ago??? Car looks OK - I reckon there is a high level of mistrust for these Dealers & this is holding it back.

It could be an end of FY bargain.

4 hours ago, Zelrik911 said:

That blue car does look vaguely familiar -  it might have been passed around the Motor Trade in Melbourne for quite a while. Perhaps I saw it sitting at MaxOuzas in Balwyn about 10 months ago??? Car looks OK - I reckon there is a high level of mistrust for these Dealers & this is holding it back.

It could be an end of FY bargain.

it's sold...

Live in your PORSCHE.

This rare Porsche RV is horribly slow—and painfully awesome

by Brandan Gillogly // 

June 20, 2019

1955 Porsche Tempo Mikafa Sport Camper front 3/4

Do you crave the sound of an air-cooled boxer engine? Do you yearn to share the Porsche motoring experience with your whole family? Do you enjoy being glared at by snowbirds as they pass on a slight grade, shaking their octogenarian fists from their Slant-Six-powered Clark Cortez? If so, I’ve found the RV for you.

As luck would have it, Mecum is offering a one-of-three Porsche Tempo Mikafa Sport Camper at the Monterey Car Week auction. It’s reportedly the only one in the U.S. and it’s in unrestored condition. The aluminum-bodied coach has one refrigerator, two stove burners, three doors, and four speeds—all of them slow.

Originally built in 1955 and equipped with a Porsche 356’s air-cooled flat-four as part of the “Sport” model, the listing notes that it’s now powered by a “boxer 4-cylinder engine,” which is a nice way of saying the Porsche engine is gone and it’s now motivated by a VW-spec four-cylinder. With all that mass, there’s no doubt that this beauty makes a VW Bus seem speedy. I can already imagine this Art Deco masterpiece ambling down the road en route to a KOA where it would be the talk of the campground.

If you thought that the only way you’d be able to afford a vintage Porsche is if you lived in it, here’s your opportunity.

1 / 7

10 hours ago, Dalai said:

Says 72 forward dated. Shouldn't that year have the external oil filler?

Hmmm - yes, & there are a few other things that made me think that this is maybe an import SC with a '72 ID rather than the other way round. ( NOT that there's wrong with thatapart from legal perhaps☺️), and its still quite cheap either way. Looks like the seller is a bit of a trader too, so one would want to be a tad careful.

1 hour ago, Arnage said:

Seems reasonable buying.

Not a C3, it's a 2.7 911 from 76 with a 77  2.7 replacement engine.

34 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

So, anyone ?

It was a 76 sporto 911 with a seized engine & had been through a flood..  

8 hours ago, crsedge said:

I thought that about 12 months ago when it was first advertised at $65k......

Seems cheap enough for what it is if checks out...

I tried to make contact when I was buying mine in April. Couldn’t get a response. I wa trying to work out if they were fibreglass rear guards or metal. I’m thinking not metal. 

8 hours ago, hugh said:

There you go. 

Thing if white Beauty !! I need to get a drive of a manual GT cars seems to have got a hammering in price in recent times .. what would that car been $ wise with that spec etc ?  I’m still to confused what the must have options are on one of these things ? 

On 30/06/2019 at 11:30, Lucky Phil said:

Put your money up phil before your luck runs out 😂 its time to own one i think

On 29/06/2019 at 20:57, crsedge said:

I thought that about 12 months ago when it was first advertised at $65k......

Seems cheap enough for what it is if checks out...

This UK targa one has been on the market for a while. It’s been at a small dealer in Leichhardt and owned by his mate. From the text message I received today he is very motivated (up coming nuptials and wants it gone) and I think it could be had for a price between $40- $50k if it all added up for someone. Had a change from red to to yellow and I don’t think it has a lot of history with it, but it was a conversation I had about 4 months ago so memory may be incorrect.  Could be a good hot rod project, unfortunately for me bad timing.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1983-Porsche-911-SC-Manual/SSE-AD-4764548