Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

31 minutes ago, Mike D'Silva said:

Can probably make it even cheaper if you are happy with fake fuch rims and a NON lsd gearbox that needs a rebuild.

And swapping those seats for mine 👍😁

7 hours ago, LeeM said:

$95k in this market? Nnnno. Depends if its Aussie delivered or not, as I can't even see $85k in that to someone who wants a nice original car. Maybe $70k in this market, as there is a fair amount of cash to be spent getting back to original

There are a couple of AUS delivered targas in the mid-high $90's. I reckon they are both at least $10k over market value, especially considering cafe_racers immaculate one that he sold the other week. That car is my benchmark.

5 hours ago, Mike D'Silva said:

Not a bad car.. come take a look and a drive. All welcome!

Can probably make it even cheaper if you are happy with fake fuch rims and a NON lsd gearbox that needs a rebuild.

Mike, which one s yours?

49 minutes ago, Arnage said:

Nice hotrod backdate, odd pricing policy!

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1986/SSE-AD-6185355/?Cr=5

This came up on CS on Wed at $165000, Wed evening $185000, Thurs $195000 & today, wait for it.....................$230,000

Thoughts?

That is a hefty price but it does look superb 

I can’t work out the blue paint under the car and engine bay 

1 hour ago, Arnage said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1986/SSE-AD-6185355/?Cr=5

This came up on CS on Wed at $165000, Wed evening $185000, Thurs $195000 & today, wait for it.....................$230,000

Thoughts?

13 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

That is a hefty price but it does look superb 

I can’t work out the blue paint under the car and engine bay 

Umm yeah I don’t understand the blue paint either. That aside, it looks nice enough.

A rare example of one you could probably say you could build it for less than that...

8 minutes ago, LeeM said:

I doubt you'd find better

Old photo pre backdate 

This be the car

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSKNg0_AtJC/?igshid=13yeepaypwuzx

It might be for sale to finish this one 

Your on it General 

I do love these cars  and understand the amount of work that goes into it 

6 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Your on it General 

I do love these cars  and understand the amount of work that goes into it 

😁

Absolutley it is a lot of work to this standard, yet to backdate is relatively simple and can be done quite easily so that it's all reversible. This one however is a lot more than just a backdate in my opinion

3 hours ago, Arnage said:

Thoughts?

Originally a ZAG car which was blue. From memory sold for about $110k about 3 years ago. Met the owner once. A lot of love has gone into the car since. Would have been finished less than a year ago. Has a singeresque quality. The interior is beautifully finished. Seats alone are something special. 

Could you build one for less than $230k? 

Maybe

you’d be waiting two years though...

25 minutes ago, turboT said:

Originally a ZAG car which was blue. From memory sold for about $110k about 3 years ago. Met the owner once. A lot of love has gone into the car since. Would have been finished less than a year ago. Has a singeresque quality. The interior is beautifully finished. Seats alone are something special. 

Maybe

I have images of the original mexican blue car ,,and it was also done well  .

Some big money has been spent on the respray and interior change on that car ,,,,I must say I like it .

1 hour ago, turboT said:

Maybe

Checked my old pics from Rennsport 2013 @ SMSP & Mr T you are correct as in Blue with White stripes over the top. I also recall its sale around 3 yrs ago.

A buyer for this at these prices would be a rare beast me thinks. 

This is the original car at a club Motorkhana event in 2013, created by ZAG Automotive, lots of Singer influence. very well put together. Resprayed by Ron Goodman at Exclusive Bodywerks, so you know the paint is good, as well as the interior. No expense spared here!

Having put the price up three times means the phone is ringing off the hook, so why not ask what the market is willing to pay?

Rob_Scheeren_Porsche_MK113_001.jpg

36 minutes ago, Autofokus said:

This is the original car at a club Motorkhana event in 2013, created by ZAG Automotive, lots of Singer influence. very well put together. Resprayed by Ron Goodman at Exclusive Bodywerks, so you know the paint is good, as well as the interior. No expense spared here!

Having put the price up three times means the phone is ringing off the hook, so why not ask what the market is willing to pay?

Rob_Scheeren_Porsche_MK113_001.jpg

I would understand just maybe raising the price once just . Three times just looks like a fishing trip 

Im sure it’s a nice car 

On 13/07/2019 at 14:50, Arnage said:

Thoughts?

Nice, but $230k is laughable, and I don’t care who’s touched it... It’s a 3.2 carrera body (still has 915) with a 3.6 vario and backdated... not exactly earth shattering stuff!

Buy a 996 GT3, get some hookers and toot with the change, seriously... 

On 13/07/2019 at 18:10, turboT said:

Maybe

Dont wait 2 years !!! You could buy my project rod - which has 3/4 of the expensive goodies in this car - and save yourself well over $100k as well.

Seriously;  in this climate, I think he will be lucky to get his original asking price. Fantastic example though.

12 hours ago, edgy said:

Nice, but $230k is laughable, and I don’t care who’s touched it... It’s a 3.2 carrera body (still has 915) with a 3.6 vario and backdated... not exactly earth shattering stuff!

Buy a 996 GT3, get some hookers and toot with the change, seriously... 

230k is only 50-70k off that 996 gt2 that was for sale wasn’t it.. you’d either save money for upgrades and get a gt3, or just pony up a bit more and snag an elusive gt2!

On 13/07/2019 at 14:50, Arnage said:

Thoughts?

Now $235,000

4 minutes ago, JLD said:

Now $235,000

Genuine buyers are to make their best offer by 5pm Wednesday 17th July. Unconditional offers are to be emailed to alexsicari@gmail.com. Highest bid wins

silent auction - in theory the price you see is reflective of where the offers are at

44 minutes ago, clutch-monkey said:

230k is only 50-70k off that 996 gt2 that was for sale wasn’t it.. you’d either save money for upgrades and get a gt3, or just pony up a bit more and snag an elusive gt2!

GT2 in a heartbeat, Dutton had one at early 200's a few months back... most others listed have been circa mid 200's 

1 hour ago, turboT said:

Genuine buyers are to make their best offer by 5pm Wednesday 17th July. Unconditional offers are to be emailed to alexsicari@gmail.com. Highest bid wins

silent auction - in theory the price you see is reflective of where the offers are at

If that's the case, then mine is up for $100k no offers...Bargain!