Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

17 minutes ago, JWM said:

According to my emails, this got listed last night for $65k and sold this morning...

That’s a massive bargain if it all checks out?! Anyone here grab it?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2005-porsche-911-carrera-s-997-manual/SSE-AD-6174331

Agreed!!  Why would you buy a 996 manual for a similar price?  

1 hour ago, JWM said:

According to my emails, this got listed last night for $65k and sold this morning...

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2005-porsche-911-carrera-s-997-manual/SSE-AD-6174331

It's optioned as well, I think it has PASM.

Man the market is really aggressive for the the right and good priced car.. I've never seen anything like this before coming from JDM market. 

Last month there was something similar, a well optioned Cayman S sold for 36k just in span of few hours. 

1 hour ago, JWM said:

I’ve messaged him and he is another if these people that shit me to tears. He reckons he is getting offers over $70k so is taking it off the market to have a think. 

Personally, I call bullshit. 

25 minutes ago, Dave986 said:

I’ve messaged him and he is another if these people that shit me to tears. He reckons he is getting offers over $70k so is taking it off the market to have a think. 

Called and now wants over $70k.

Shits me. Both sellers and buyers have to do research before setting a price and committing to buy/sell.

1 hour ago, rufmichan said:

It's optioned as well, I think it has PASM.

Man the market is really aggressive for the the right and good priced car.. I've never seen anything like this before coming from JDM market. 

Last month there was something similar, a well optioned Cayman S sold for 36k just in span of few hours. 

You obviously haven't played in the GTR, Type R (DC2) and Supra market. Plenty of people buying these up. Even shit boxes, as long as they are cheap, they get snapped up.

2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Agreed!!  Why would you buy a 996 manual for a similar price?  

Because they are a true high watermark car in the history of Porsche. Want to buy mine so I can buy this 997? 😂

13 minutes ago, JWM said:

Because they are a true high watermark car in the history of Porsche. Want to buy mine so I can buy this 997? 😂

Nah, need to sell my Tip so I can buy the GT3.  Looks like I'll end up with 3 Porsches again for a while 😞  only 2 car garage 😞 

2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Nah, need to sell my Tip so I can buy the GT3.  Looks like I'll end up with 3 Porsches again for a while 😞  only 2 car garage 😞 

Happy to store the GT3 in the shed mate. Will chuck the missus' Kluger out on the road 👍

Was anybody watching the 2016 911S  that was up at pickles auctions this morning in QLD?
It was a repairable write off - looked like it had some undercarriage damage, but in the photos, body looked ok.

I tried to log on to the auction but was a little late, so completely missed it - anybody know what it went for?

1 hour ago, Kim said:

The 2016 911S sold for $110k, although they were waiting to hear from the online bidder. They mentioned there was a problem with reverse gear also.

I think $110k was the minimum reserve.

Ah awesome, thanks for the update! I had guessed about 100k before knowing any more than seeing the photos online.
Looks like somebody stole it and took it offroad!

1 minute ago, turboT said:

It’s been a door stop down at Dutton’s for at least 6 months that I can remember. Whilst at $649k it’s down from the original dizzy heights executed by sellers when first launched, it’s still a hefty premium on delivered price when new. If it’s not a consignment car i’m sure it would owe them at least that or a bit more 😮

On 03/07/2019 at 11:32, Dave986 said:

Never responded when he gave me the same bullshit that he’s had so much interests and offers and it’s he obviously priced it too low 🙄

Fuk it’s not a Camry I’m sure he has a general idea on the market value for a manual 997S 

Might offer him 60k because the steering wheel and drivers seat are worn 🤣

35 minutes ago, kov said:

Never responded when he gave me the same bullshit that he’s had so much interests and offers and it’s he obviously priced it too low 🙄

Fuk it’s not a Camry I’m sure he has a general idea on the market value for a manual 997S 

Hanlon’s Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." 😂

10 hours ago, Tips said:

It’s been a door stop down at Dutton’s for at least 6 months that I can remember. Whilst at $649k it’s down from the original dizzy heights executed by sellers when first launched, it’s still a hefty premium on delivered price when new. If it’s not a consignment car i’m sure it would owe them at least that or a bit more 😮

Too much speculation and those sitting on them now are trying hard to differentiate them from the GT3 Touring. Suspect the market has spoken on these and they won't go back up anytime soon and the only way is down fornthe moment. 

53 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1988-Porsche-911-Carrera-Manual/OAG-AD-17131726/

pretty sharply priced if anyone is after a LHD in a cool colour. 

That car lived in Geraldton WA for a while. I used to see it every time I went back to visit my folks. Very cool colour irl.