Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

1 hour ago, turboT said:

messaged the owner today. Yet to be sold.

Sounds like potential buyers are having issues with finance/insurance. Would be hard for a bank/insurance agency to value something like this I guess. Likely they would value it a lot lower than asking. Modified cars must get this all the time I guess.

$250k+ cash buyers please hold onto your wallets for a while...something interesting coming soon ;) 

I guess were are talking the nice hotrod. Its hardly surprising its not sold, price is/was off the chart. My guess is no one bid.

Anyone who thinks that planting cash into a personalised hotrod is going to get the full return on investment is nuts (happy to hear different). Its an indulgence, same as having a race car, bespoke suite made or a piece of jewellery. The sum of parts/labour does not equal the worth, & its always been this way.

Invest same cash doing a sympathetic resto on a real long hood then chances are much better for a return, mostly from experience, original sells.

I look at these cars all the time & I am not a original purist but have a soft spot for this work, just don't think people will pay for someone else's taste.

Another car in the same ilk as above has been on CS for a while at $190ish & not moved. Other nice 911 hotrods but in period at $180ish are sticking it seems.

My observations, feel free to add yours.

You're right @Arnage

Depending how good a donor car is in the first place, 'hot rodding' (I hate that term) a 911 is more attractive to a lot of people. Whether its $250k better I'm not so sure, yet the car in question is bloody good from the pics I've seen. I know someone who has a very clean Carrera that is being backdated soonish (calm down purists, it will be reversible), and I can tell you here n now it will be a cracker of a car when its finished. I'll even stick my neck out to say it will be 'worth' a bit more than it is now.

From most people I talk to, I believe most fans of air cooled 911's would prefer to own a longhood than a G series etc, and the cheapest way to achieve that with current pre '73 values is to backdate. I personally can't see value in a backdate being $180k and up, unless it is something very special with a vario ram 3.8 monster engine and megabucks suspension package etc etc

As an example/hypothetical question. If prices/values were the same ( We wish) and you had $100k to buy a G series or a longhood in exactly the same condition, where would your money go? I'd bet most would pick the longhood

13 minutes ago, LeeM said:

As an example/hypothetical question. If prices/values were the same ( We wish) and you had $100k to buy a G series or a longhood in exactly the same condition, where would your money go? I'd bet most would pick the longhood

The best one. 

20 minutes ago, LeeM said:

TWO 912'S!

one as a daily and one for weekends naturally

9 hours ago, hugh said:

The best one. 

😄 Reckon you're living most of our dreams of multiple Porsche ownership Hugh, so I should have excluded you from the question 😉

9 hours ago, turboT said:

TWO 912'S!

I'll see if my old one is for sale

Love your work @OBRUT 😂👍

13 hours ago, turboT said:

TWO 912'S!

Couldn't do it. The 911 /912 body shape for me needs a 6 pushing it along. Would be more than happy to have  a 356 with its 4 cylinder for cruising...

997 cup car anyone?

2008 997 (911) GT3 Porsche Cup Car for sale Excellent race car, has won NSW prod sports twice and runner up in 2018. Car has full CAMS log book. Recently replaced brakes and holinger gearbox refurbished with new enduro gears. Well maintained vehicle.

See link for other details http://www.my105.com/ListingDetails/p/3/k/porsche/id/20987

8 hours ago, poetry911 said:

Hmm 🤔 not sure if the GraysOnline Porsche’s have been talked about..,

https://www.graysonline.com/search.aspx?q=Porsche

Love the 1986 Spyder.., what was it built on? https://www.graysonline.com/lot/0001-7746623/motor-vehiclesmotor-cycles/1986-porsche-spyder-roadster-rwd-manual-convertible?spr=true

Quite a few P cars up this week. Notice the gambella box rod of previous @Uncle ownership is back in. That race car looks interesting, love the comment 'no reverse, it's a race car!'

6 hours ago, LeeM said:

Is that your old RSK @rafikdous

I see you have the 73 back in Raf, hope you get a real buyer this time mate must be doing your head in with non paying pr!cks.

11 hours ago, LeeM said:

Is that your old RSK @rafikdous

Yes Lee, that's it

13 hours ago, poetry911 said:

Hmm 🤔 not sure if the GraysOnline Porsche’s have been talked about..,

https://www.graysonline.com/search.aspx?q=Porsche

Love the 1986 Spyder.., what was it built on? https://www.graysonline.com/lot/0001-7746623/motor-vehiclesmotor-cycles/1986-porsche-spyder-roadster-rwd-manual-convertible?spr=true

It was built on a full VW beetle chassis

5 hours ago, Tips said:

Quite a few P cars up this week. Notice the gambella box rod of previous @Uncle ownership is back in. That race car looks interesting, love the comment 'no reverse, it's a race car!'

I see you have the 73 back in Raf, hope you get a real buyer this time mate must be doing your head in with non paying pr!cks.

Yep, very frustrating. Reserve is $59k

I move into my new place next week for if it doesn't sell, I will take it back from Grays

Interesting they have the race car advertised as a 911 but its a 912

https://www.graysonline.com/lot/0001-7746616/motor-vehiclesmotor-cycles/1965-porsche-911-rwd-manual-5-speed-coupe?spr=true

12 hours ago, Tips said:

Even F1 race cars have reverse.

On 26/07/2019 at 17:00, turboT said:

messaged the owner today. Yet to be sold.

Sounds like potential buyers are having issues with finance/insurance. Would be hard for a bank/insurance agency to value something like this I guess. Likely they would value it a lot lower than asking. Modified cars must get this all the time I guess.

$250k+ cash buyers please hold onto your wallets for a while...something interesting coming soon ;) 

Did nobody notice TurboT is selling his black 930???