Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

On 7 August 2019 at 13:06, wilson59 said:

It's just washing ?

So most likely a good time to low ball is what you are really saying ?

Hope he leaves it cheap and dirty, offer $125k less $50 for a trip to Supercheap for a bucket of products.   Non Porsche service is off putting but it's the cheapest way into a GT car.  Only a handful of years old and they are a very good thing.  Shame it's not a Clubsport.....

the next cheapest GT car on market is also great value.   How far will the tide go out on GT prices?  Or are these 2 just anomalies?  will we see 996s back down around 80-100k where they were 5 years ago?  And sub 200k 991s must be a thing soon. Interesting....

bqaf8j0aziep5o4bkcqo6i5h9.jpg?aspect=FitWithinNoPad&width=480

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2007-Porsche-911-GT3-997-Manual-MY07/SSE-AD-6238041

On 7 August 2019 at 09:58, JV911 said:

How much do you reckon it would cost to build? I'll give you a hint - it's more than that.

Will be interesting to see where the market values it.........🤔  For me cost to build is irrelevant and I reckon being a Carrera 4 will hold back its value.  There are many many nice car options at $300k to compete with.......991.2 GT3 CS for example.

My guess is it would tap out at high 1s but we'll probably never know because I'm sure you won't sell if that's the reality.

GLWS I do hope you prove me wrong.  🤑🤑

4 hours ago, DJM said:

Hope he leaves it cheap and dirty, offer $125k less $50 for a trip to Supercheap for a bucket of products.   Non Porsche service is off putting but it's the cheapest way into a GT car.  Only a handful of years old and they are a very good thing.  Shame it's not a Clubsport.....

the next cheapest GT car on market is also great value.   How far will the tide go out on GT prices?  Or are these 2 just anomalies?  will we see 996s back down around 80-100k where they were 5 years ago?  And sub 200k 991s must be a thing soon. Interesting....

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2007-Porsche-911-GT3-997-Manual-MY07/SSE-AD-6238041

Have you bought it yet? 

6 hours ago, DJM said:

What's the black stuff on the crankcases?  Did they still use a form of cosmoline on these cars?

Sorry for the dumb question I've never seen a water cooled Mezger up close! 

2 hours ago, 901er said:

First and foremost I'm a purist ... but I really like it ..

Reminds me of something Matchbox would issue ... :Chuckle2:

33 minutes ago, hugh said:

Have you bought it yet? 

Touring 👎🏻.  Sold the gt4 because it was hard to enjoy (legally) on road and not setup for the track.  I'd only buy another GT if it was a track rat that was quicker than the Mazda......and by that measure, no GT3 is worthy 😂

11 hours ago, DJM said:

@DJM.  According to google maps I can be in Forrestfield in 32 minutes once I get off my couch. Be happy to take a look and test drive it up and around  the Perth Hills if you haven't already brought it on your behalf.   That said I wouldn't mind  cold calling myself and seeing what the difference is compared to a turbo, ( could get a down the track  itch to upgrade. -i.e swap NA/turbo  engines.eg m3 S65 for a 997 gt3 mezger and a  turbo 996 mezger to a turbo m5 s63 engine ) but not convinced I'd get the keys to that 997 gt3  as my  current  mode of transport is my ute which cost less than one of those consumable front spoilers on that 997 and has the looks to go with the cost. 

Ps just saw your response that it's too slow. In response to your crystal ball comment,   I reckon Mezger engined  Gt3's will see 993 current  turbo prices within 5 years  and buyers won't be  local. Eg Will be put in sea containers and shipped ( asia bound).  Will follow the same trajectory as nissan Gtr 34's

22 minutes ago, smit2100 said:

Ps just saw your response that it's too slow. In response to your crystal ball comment,   I reckon Mezger engined  Gt3's will see 993 current  turbo prices within 5 years  and buyers won't be  local. Eg Will be put in sea containers and shipped ( asia bound).  Will follow the same trajectory as nissan Gtr 34's

not suggesting a GT3 is “slow”.......great cars

will be interesting to watch prices, I can imagine the 991.1 with troubled non mezger non cup engine could be cheaper than 997s before long.  

18 hours ago, Shedpest said:

Sportos will rise again!

23 hours ago, 901er said:

This looks like a decent thing...really has a g50 fitted?   Who wants to boost a targa?

On 10/08/2019 at 08:37, DJM said:

Will be interesting to see where the market values it.........🤔  For me cost to build is irrelevant and I reckon being a Carrera 4 will hold back its value.  There are many many nice car options at $300k to compete with.......991.2 GT3 CS for example.

My guess is it would tap out at high 1s but we'll probably never know because I'm sure you won't sell if that's the reality.

GLWS I do hope you prove me wrong.  🤑🤑

For the record 300 isn't the asking price (but it really would cost more than that to recreate). Maybe it was a typo, or maybe AH did it as a conversation starter...which to have worked :lol:

6 hours ago, JV911 said:

For the record 300 isn't the asking price (but it really would cost more than that to recreate). Maybe it was a typo, or maybe AH did it as a conversation starter...which to have worked :lol:

Where is this car listed?  I looked on  AH and CS for a grey 964 priced around $300k with no luck.

1 hour ago, cafe_racer said:

Where is this car listed?  I looked on  AH and CS for a grey 964 priced around $300k with no luck.

Vanished, I saw it listed at 300k no photos then $249k with photos but no description and now gone.  Maybe it sold.....$250k 964 C4s are like rocking horse pooh.

52 minutes ago, DJM said:

Vanished, I saw it listed at 300k no photos then $249k with photos but no description and now gone.  Maybe it sold.....$250k 964 C4s are like rocking horse pooh.

Would be a great car to get, looks fantastic in the flesh.

It is a reasonable price for a 71 ,,,but I feel you would be spending a lot more on that car to get it to a high standard it deserves,,,could just be the quality of the images but the panels do not seem to line up all that great eg bonnet ,engine lid etc  ,,,the car could do with some TLC  

14 minutes ago, James P said:

Im no expert in longhoods but is this reasonably priced?  i do like yellow.. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1971-porsche-911-t-manual/SSE-AD-6243263/?Cr=23

Has to be converted, but no mention in the advert. Needs some love, but  could be a good base for a hot rod