Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

19 minutes ago, Peter M said:

So you reckon either the elections have really spooked the bevel buyers or just maybe they rely on payments from the credit guys?

Good news nevertheless, since I've realised recently I need to buy a bevel before too much longer! 

Bargains out there and the market has most definitely softened . When you need one let me know I will hook you up . 

I

5 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Hopefully across the board with everything. Things seem to be slow with everything in the last month .

I have been buying and selling bevel Ducati’s as an interest for a while and they have stopped dead in their smelly oily tracks .

Could  not get enough of them 6 months ago 

Put my low klm 916 SP3 on bike sales this arvo at a decent price and had a very serious collector call me 10 min later. He's trying to get away to fly in tomorrow. Thanks ScoMo:CoolDance:

6 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Put my low klm 916 SP3 on bike sales this arvo at a decent price and had a very serious collector call me 10 min later. He's trying to get away to fly in tomorrow. Thanks ScoMo:CoolDance:

It looks stunning 

59 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

It is, thanks mate. Long decision to sell and I waited for years to find the SP3 and a few of the others but I just don't have the time to do most of my bikes justice, so time for someone else to enjoy them.

They are great bikes . I have had a 996 SP and a 998 R beautiful bikes .

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 19:43, Peter M said:

I think its all more related to the end of easy credit for property purchases and the death of interest only loans.

I think this will be a long term thing that won't disappear now the election is settled.

So today's stock market rally poured cold water on my theory with some of the biggest gains since the GFC.

I'll just skulk back to the shed.

Just hope the Bevel buyers still stay spooked a bit longer though!

Do regret selling my 998 too.

4 minutes ago, Peter M said:

So today's stock market rally poured cold water on my theory with some of the biggest gains since the GFC.

I'll just skulk back to the shed.

Just hope the Bevel buyers still stay spooked a bit longer though!

Do regret selling my 998 too.

It was a massive day . I’m sure everything will get back to be way overpriced soon enough 

12 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

It was a massive day . I’m sure everything will get back to be way overpriced soon enough 

Yes, big day (if you have bank shares), but unfortunately bypassed most of the techies I own 😞  Anyway, will give it a couple more days, might be an opportunity to top up on same of them, as I took some profits a couple of weeks ago at their peak, nice to buy back lower....

On 17/05/2019 at 13:44, James P said:

So what do you think its worth as a normal sale..?

I've spoken to PR & they haven't seen it for 3 years or so but apparently a very good car with a fresh engine when it left PR but now unknown 

This was up again today, referred again to highest bidder and now showing sold. 

Good value if your looking for race car and has no issues. Big job to return to original delivery spec, maybe impossible if that's the plan.

2 hours ago, dipstick said:

This was up again today, referred again to highest bidder and now showing sold. 

Good value if your looking for race car and has no issues. Big job to return to original delivery spec, maybe impossible if that's the plan.

Not sure if the sellers (not the auction house) are playing games as i don't think they ever had intentions of selling it at auction, on the first auction that i was the highest bidder at $102k they came back to me asking for $120k, i said no 102 is my max, then half hour later another call saying they will take 110 i gave them the same answer 102, the next morning another call saying they will accept 105 if i do a same day transfer..  Maybe its a very good car but no one can verify its condition for the last 3 years even after talking to PR Tech. Todays auction result was $120,500 +2.5% & i bet they asked for more & maybe found a buyer.. 

Do we have any members in Adelaide willing to scope out a car for me?  Seems they have it on consignment but dont really seem to want to go out of their way to sell it.  

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/_/SSE-AD-5993479

It would be great to know:

Overall condition

How it drives

Books and Service Manuals all in order

Pending that could be time to book a flight and head on over!

9 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

Do we have any members in Adelaide willing to scope out a car for me?  Seems they have it on consignment but dont really seem to want to go out of their way to sell it.  

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/_/SSE-AD-5993479

It would be great to know:

Overall condition

How it drives

Books and Service Manuals all in order

Pending that could be time to book a flight and head on over!

It certainly looks the goods.

Good luck

5 hours ago, LeeM said:

@cafe_racer

Just had a look with Craig mate. Very nice car. I didn't get to drive it due to my time constraints unfortunately. Might be able to drive it later this week if I get time, yet well worth considering it

Thanks mate, really appreciate you taking the time. Logs seem solid but only concern is it went to the UK for a while before returning home to AU. Unsure how this will affect resale price. 

But it for me it ticks the boxes. G50 3.2 Coupe. 

Ill DM you @LeeM 👍🏻👍🏻

34 minutes ago, bear924 said:

You don't see these at auction very often:

https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/LotDetails.aspx?kw=porsche&smode=0&lid=1851799

For when the link is no longer functional:

996 GT2 with 28k km, club sport version, silver. 3days and 21hours out from auction, price sitting at  $106500. 

It will be the same tactic that most of the auction houses use let people bid pass it in then try an ask for a silly selling price