Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

On 23/05/2019 at 18:16, crsedge said:

And the 968CS for 41k! Though stated it needed some cosmetic love, 41k seems good buying..

It sold for that little?!?. Damn. I am stunned there was no reserve on it. That would have been insanely good buying at thst price. 

On 21/05/2019 at 19:30, James P said:

Not sure if the sellers (not the auction house) are playing games as i don't think they ever had intentions of selling it at auction, on the first auction that i was the highest bidder at $102k they came back to me asking for $120k, i said no 102 is my max, then half hour later another call saying they will take 110 i gave them the same answer 102, the next morning another call saying they will accept 105 if i do a same day transfer..  Maybe its a very good car but no one can verify its condition for the last 3 years even after talking to PR Tech. Todays auction result was $120,500 +2.5% & i bet they asked for more & maybe found a buyer.. 

Geez James, pity you didn't go the 105 (plus fees) on the day.

10 hours ago, Harold996tt said:

It sold for that little?!?. Damn. I am stunned there was no reserve on it. That would have been insanely good buying at thst price. 

chatter on facebook suggests it might not have been real and in generally poor condition. Buyer likely someone online who never saw it..

On 27/05/2019 at 03:01, turboT said:

SOLD!

The market has spoken. $70k for a US 68 912. No documents before 2014 (when engine rebuild was done). Paint/interior in fair condition. A good daily driver for me for the last year or so.

First air cooled car I have lost money on, but whats $5k for nearly two years of ownership. 

IMG_6356_zpscdwgt0ve.jpg

Nice one mate... seems like a bit sales activity post election!

Particularly as majority didn’t vote for communism... 

On 27/05/2019 at 01:01, turboT said:

SOLD!

The market has spoken. $70k for a US 68 912. No documents before 2014 (when engine rebuild was done). Paint/interior in fair condition. A good daily driver for me for the last year or so.

First air cooled car I have lost money on, but whats $5k for nearly two years of ownership. 

Good work on clearing out the garage to make way.  Maybe everyone was waiting to see what happened after the election. Seems like things are moving again.

Here is another guy who is out of touch.  This one is about $50,000 over priced.  In a few weeks it will drop considerably or he will have to keep it.  The options just make it a bit better than others being considered at a lesser price.  The movie "The Castle" again comes to mind.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-porsche-911-gt3-991-manual-my18/SSE-AD-6098407/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=notification-center&utm_medium=email

1 hour ago, Lucky Phil said:

Here is another guy who is out of touch.  This one is about $50,000 over priced.  In a few weeks it will drop considerably or he will have to keep it.

I think this one is also about $50k overpriced as well ... related?? :ph34r:

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/salt-ash/cars-vans-utes/1981-porsche-924/1219730547

2 hours ago, Dreamr said:

I think this one is also about $50k overpriced as well ... related?? :ph34r:

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/salt-ash/cars-vans-utes/1981-porsche-924/1219730547

There’s a whole world of pain waiting there, ha, no rust, look up the location of SALT-ash!

7 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Here is another guy who is out of touch.  This one is about $50,000 over priced.  In a few weeks it will drop considerably or he will have to keep it.  The options just make it a bit better than others being considered at a lesser price.  The movie "The Castle" again comes to mind.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-porsche-911-gt3-991-manual-my18/SSE-AD-6098407/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=notification-center&utm_medium=email

I agree with you, its crazy pricing by comparison to a PDK GT3, but

4 x 6MT 991.2 GT3 

Both 6MT GT3 Winged are clubsport 

2 x GT3 Touring, one with "unusual" spec

1 x GT3 Touring with PCCB, 18 Ways 

when supply is limited, you only need one buyer ready to jump