Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

8 hours ago, twro said:

Yes, that's the one. Nice guys get the prize? :)

No, different car. This car is in Melbourne.
The one at PCSS says it is Porsche Approved Pre-Owned, so presumably not on consignment?
I'm surprised it hasn't sold, price seems fair compared to other recent sales. Does anyone know the car?

Was being sarcastic about the seller....my mate contacted him and his responses to some simple questions were downright rude...and uncalled for.....basically the seller was an arrogant asswipe

1 hour ago, Diamond911 said:

964 C2 $365k modified 3.8 etc etc

i seem to recall this coming on/off the market a year or two ago as I recall reference to the $25k seats

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1990-porsche-911-carrera-2-964-manual/SSE-AD-13020475

It’s a bucket load of $$$ in a market that’s flattened out 

2 hours ago, Diamond911 said:

964 C2 $365k modified 3.8 etc etc

i seem to recall this coming on/off the market a year or two ago as I recall reference to the $25k seats

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1990-porsche-911-carrera-2-964-manual/SSE-AD-13020475

Yes, this car was discussed on these forums.....people scratching their heads at the price last year.....I think their asking the same price as previously.

9 hours ago, JWM said:

carsales.com.au is 10% cars for sale, 90% car museum, with prices that are really 'not for sale' stickers.

I can’t see why anyone would spend a few hundred dollars, and then waste their time photographing their car and writing an advert without the intention of selling it. But people certainly list their cars at high prices with the intention of selling it if they can achieve it.

7 hours ago, Dalai said:

True. FOMO can have people make crazy purchases!

I really liked the quote the other day. 
“Sellers are looking for last years prices.  Buyers are looking for next years….”

Im convinced it’s a tanking market.  Supply of second hand Porsche coupes has nearly doubled in the last year…..over 450 for sale now, with 55 (!) GT 3/4RS cars listed.  
Asks are high, buyers (with the odd exception) aren’t paying them….
I really reckon patience is going to pay off in this game now.  Cash ready…..

On 11/11/2022 at 06:01, flamingporsche said:

It’s a tipper cab (not-PDK) so priced fairly in my view. It is very good value for money on a bang for buck basis. Same goes for the 996 tip cabs. 

I think that 997 turbo tip cab was up on carsales for a while recently.

I see a few 996 turbo tips also up, a cab with 160k kms listed at $118k, and a few coupes from $130k up.

1 hour ago, sleazius said:

I know this isn't a car, but would certainly make a good house plus car palace with some cash thrown at it... already zoned residential too:

https://www.realcommercial.com.au/for-sale/property-115-121-mullens-street-balmain-nsw-2041-504201496

But then you would have to live in the middle of Sydney :P . It would take you at least 2 hours to get to any good driving roads :D 

On 07/11/2022 at 15:32, mrar said:

$135k

Wow!  Would you believe $132,888 plus 5% buyer's premium, total $139,533!!!!!

I thought anything over $100k would be a stretch.

Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Coupe Auctions - Lot 245 - Shannons

Many other interesting sales, some bargains for the obscure cars like Tatras.  Was surprised the 993S got $303k and the 996GT3 didn't even get a bid at $210k.

On 15/11/2022 at 21:11, Peter M said:

Wow!  Would you believe $132,888 plus 5% buyer's premium, total $139,533!!!!!

I thought anything over $100k would be a stretch.

Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Coupe Auctions - Lot 245 - Shannons

Many other interesting sales, some bargains for the obscure cars like Tatras.  Was surprised the 993S got $303k and the 996GT3 didn't even get a bid at $210k.

Pretty good price I think.  Seller and buyer should be happy.  I liked the honesty of that car, mudflaps and all

23 hours ago, Coastr said:

Pretty good price I think.  Seller and buyer should be happy.  I liked the honesty of that car, mudflaps and all

Weird that it's sold for that much, yet the ones on carsales aren't moving and look better for a bit more. 

1980 SC -Chopped Targa with Gold Plated Wheels?

Excuse my ignorance..... but am I missing something here regarding this car and the price of 170K !?!?!?. 

I'm interested in having a look at this one (there is another chopped red targa on gumtree as well for 80K neg),

Australian delivered 1980 Porsche 911. | Cars, Vans & Utes | Gumtree Australia The Hills District - Baulkham Hills | 1304063825