Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

16 minutes ago, Peter M said:

Interesting '85 3.2 for auction at Shannons with a price estimate of $80,000 to $100,000

Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Coupe Auctions - Lot 245 - Shannons

I can't make head nor tail of it as it's condition is um, perplexing.

"Well maintained car with good history file"  looks pretty aged for a car with only 109000k's, maybe the 14 year service gap has something to do with the odometer :ph34r:

I'll still eat my shorts if this car sells for $80k - $100k

Pet hate - people that stick rim weights on the outside of Fuchs

44 minutes ago, Stepo said:

"Well maintained car with good history file"  looks pretty aged for a car with only 109000k's, maybe the 14 year service gap has something to do with the odometer :ph34r:

I'll still eat my shorts if this car sells for $80k - $100k

Pet hate - people that stick rim weights on the outside of Fuchs

How about the dodgy back speakers, Beside that I would have it :)

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-1984/oag-ad-21143855/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email&csn_atid=c5728b91-42f6-4a5f-b89c-2627b1fa8d88 

1984, Australian delivered. 140,000 km. Looks in really nice condition. $259,000.

As a benchmark, I expect there will inevitably be lots of "no chance in hell at that price commentary"...... but Shannons just uplifted the coverage on my 42,000 mile (yes really) 1986 M491 Supersport to about this $ level earlier this week. 

Edited by GDC010
Typo

On 20/10/2022 at 14:33, Stepo said:

looks pretty aged for a car with only 109000k's

That's what I found odd Peter, some parts of the car  looks 1/2 million km old but the seats for example look magnificent and almost new. 

I agree that the odometers weren't a high point of Porsche reliability. 

Yes.  However the four fasteners that hold the skid plate on have been reinstalled.  Maybe the owner removed the plate because its condition distracted from the overall condition of the car? 😁

Actually I quite like it and am surprised the owner didn't invest say $10k into it to maximise the auction result. 

The flaking body filler in the rear mudguard indicating a crash and shoddy repair would be my biggest concern ASSUMING the engine runs OK and the transmission shifts fine.

It mostly needs a good clean.  Great candidate for dry ice blasting.

Be interesting to see what the vehicle inspection report says when it is finally posted by Shannon's.

I think you'll find that it would scrub up well, condition overall makes sense and besides the missing skid plate all seams original and in place. At $80-$100k would be a reasonable buy and would most likely get that but all needs to be done, factor in additional $60-$80k to sort properly and you would have a nice car.

The flaking/cracked  paint on the rear guard would not be from a crash but from the tires hitting the guards when bottoming out off road, the main thing you would want to check for is any damage due to that kind of treatment, all suspension areas, if OK would make a good car.

21 hours ago, Peter M said:

Interesting '85 3.2 for auction at Shannons with a price estimate of $80,000 to $100,000

Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Coupe Auctions - Lot 245 - Shannons

I'm guessing it's been owned by a sheep farmer given it's evidently dirt road upbringing and the fact it comes with a set of sheepskin seat covers!

I can't make head nor tail of it as it's condition is um, perplexing.

Ignore Shannons price guides. They're always staggeringly low

5 hours ago, Bugs77 said:

....The flaking/cracked  paint on the rear guard would not be from a crash but from the tires hitting the guards when bottoming out off road....

Nah, I don't think so Bugs!  It doesn't have spacers on the rear so plenty of room.

I reckon he nudged a side marker on a cattle grid when it all got a bit loose.....😁

3 hours ago, Diamond911 said:

...and removing the mudflaps.  

What, and lose the Dakar look Diamond ?

This was just listed at Porsche Centre Sydney South. Same car was in Melbourne earlier this year (was listed at both Lexus of Melbourne and also Zagame - somehow ended up in Sydney?). Presumably the same owner as PCSS say it is one owner - not sure how Lexus and Zagame could have had it IF consigning cars in Victoria is illegal....

Nonetheless price is pretty solid

https://finder.porsche.com/au/en-AU/details/porsche-911-carrera-gts-coupe-preowned-RENVQ7 

am0t43z465dkrklhq55gl06cq.jpg

2hlhowx2ahcg0jx0a7t2d4omm.jpg

6pwcap8ecgef22oqokeef86on.jpg

31 minutes ago, 911virgin said:

What are put and call options?

As I understand the way they work it, the dealer has a call option with the seller to buy the car at $x price - i.e if they have a sale, they can Call on the owner to sell the car to them at an agreed price.  Not so sure where the Put part comes in, perhaps it is just a Call option arrangement???

Some one who has sold a car under these arrangements may be able to correct me??

I believe Duttons got into hot water over the consignment rules some years ago, and they now totally play by the rules book for Vic, and own all cars they have for sale there, but not sure how this works with the cars they sell through CTS in NSW where, I understand, consignment is OK????