Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

2 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-cayman-gts-981-manual-my16/SSE-AD-13532122

1 of 10 Cayman GTS manuals, a year ago you could buy a GT4 for less.

Yep there was a blue GT4 for sale about this time last year,I posted on here @155k.

4 minutes ago, nytelfer said:

This white GTS manual was last for sale in May 2019 with 10,100km at $165k.

Interesting the price difference between Boxster and Cayman.  I've had a watch on Boxster GTS, and their pricing seems to be around the $135 - $140k mark (probably with higher kms than the one referred to above), mind you for PDKs, but I don't see there's any appreciable price difference between manual and PDK, it is more availability and numbers listed.  There is a white Boxster GTS in WA that they've been doing the price up, price down thing at around $125-$130k, depending on which day you look at it, these price fluctuations amuse me as it really tells me there's not much interest at any of their prices seeing as it is still there, and has been for a few months now....

8 minutes ago, tomo said:

Bit off track, But curious how are the mods coming along on the 6.1 Pete ?

Got the bits now, just trying to straighten out the plastic skirts and lower front bumper section that was folded in 1/2 for shipping 😡

Seems to be coming right with a bit of heat, but was not amused......  Just got to get some time to try to find a painter to paint up all the bits and check fit of the ducktail etc, plus I'll have a waterpump change etc coming up as I seem to have developed a slight, annoying leak, plus the the starter is probably on the way out......

Anyway, a few things to do when I have the rear bumper off, and I think I'll get my mechanic to sort out the final installation of the switchable exhaust......

Nothing that time and $ won't fix, however suspect daughter's upcoming wedding in January will probably consume a fair bit of both of those.......

5 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Nothing that time and $ won't fix, however suspect daughter's upcoming wedding in January will probably consume a fair bit of both of those.......

Thats a sure bet :) As for folding them in half for posting the bloke on utube had his folded In 1/2 as well, I think he left it the sun a couple of days and it come good.

2 hours ago, mrar said:

What are you thinking?

Has had some dollars spent if you read the ad.

Spending dollars doesn't always mean they'll be recouped. Saying that, I'm sure it's a stunner, but I can't see the value in a car of that model in the 300's. But that's me 😁👍

3 hours ago, LeeM said:

Spending dollars doesn't always mean they'll be recouped. Saying that, I'm sure it's a stunner, but I can't see the value in a car of that model in the 300's. But that's me 😁👍

Neither can I, but if someone has the cash to burn more power to them.

18 minutes ago, Carnie said:

Hi all.

Just wondering if anyone has any background on this backdate. Its currently in SA but who did the backdate work seems to be a bit of a mystery as is the origins of the car other than it being a LHD import.  

1989 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 964 Manual AWD (carsales.com.au)

Tidy looking Jiga ,Maybe one of Zags, Worth a call.

17 hours ago, Carnie said:

Hi all.

Just wondering if anyone has any background on this backdate. Its currently in SA but who did the backdate work seems to be a bit of a mystery as is the origins of the car other than it being a LHD import.  

1989 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 964 Manual AWD (carsales.com.au)

Get onto Buik Motorworks, as I think they did a load of work on it. They've been promoting it on Instagram

8 hours ago, The Bern Dog Experience said:

Just under 24 hours to go - what is the final sale price people think this unicorn of 991s will fetch?

https://tradinggarage.com/product/2016-porsche-911-991-targa-4-gts/

Lovely car, certainly would like to have it in my garage. In terms of price, no idea but a guess high $300s to low $400s.