Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

On 07/09/2022 at 21:32, Dalai said:

How can you tell it's an converted import? Pretty major omission in the ad if so as claimed no modifications!

seem to remember it was mentioned by the previous owner when he advertised it - also it has US reflectors front and rear & LHD wiper blades - definitely a US car imo

3 hours ago, 9er said:

I think South Africa had this bumper so perhaps not a converted car?

see my reply above 🙂

buyer beware

1 hour ago, sjm said:

If my memory serves me correctly when I purchased my 964 heaps of years ago it was an ACT car with a 85 k price tag and it sat for a period of time at that price.

1 hour ago, tomo said:

If my memory serves me correctly when I purchased my 964 heaps of years ago it was an ACT car with a 85 k price tag and it sat for a period of time at that price.

Are these Jahare editions just a cosmetic and badge special edition or do they have updated mechanical packages?

2 hours ago, sjm said:

Personally, the Carrera 4 is undesirable compared to C2. 

Crazy ask!

I think the worm is starting to turn on C4 and the C2, A lot of the younger folk like the C4 thing 🤔 but I'm with you, Rear wheel drive with a LSD thanks :)

I own both C4 and C2 (different gens - 991.1 and 997.2) and personally, it does not bother me. Condition, km and service history are everything. Spec and colour are secondary for me personally.

I bought my C4 GTS 14 months ago and the drawcards were the uber low km (8000km), spec (almost all the fruit) and it was a GTS - the C2 v C4 was irrelevant. If anything, the lightbar on the C4 looks more classy and befitting of a car this price. I wonder if this car took 2-3 weeks to sell at the time due to the lockdown in Sydney, or the perceived C4 negative factor.... Either way, I swooped on it and never looked back!

2.jpg

I have owned both as well, 997.1 C4S and 997.1 C2S. Liked the 4S, lots of grip  but the 2S feels more lively and seems to steer better. Back to 964s, the 4 was more primitive than later versions. More people desire the C2. ( missed out on the light bar with the 997.1 C4S☹️)

3 minutes ago, mrar said:

Yes.

I drove my friends r pdk and loved it.

I feel same way about sunroof cars but I have one. One pdk wouldn't hurt, right?

Think ahead boys.

My issue is more to do with the fact that if the car has a manual version, I'd never be happy with owning the PDK.

In cars where auto is the only option, well I guess thats what I'm getting.

If you had a choice to go manual in a car like that then you should, I had a 981 S in manual and it was extremely good, R would be similar. But try and find one in manual, I sold mine about 18 months ago now and haven't see another on the market since, PDK would do just fine as a second choice particularly if you have to sit in traffic, but I guess it would still be a second choice.