Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

5 hours ago, FAP911 said:

Stayed at zero bids with a $260k start. Since being bought off Collecting Cars and shipped here, it’s been advertised at various prices over $300k and if memory serves, auctioned before and failed to sell. It’s become a little tainted by those efforts I suspect.

1 hour ago, Mike-S said:

Stayed at zero bids with a $260k start. Since being bought off Collecting Cars and shipped here, it’s been advertised at various prices over $300k and if memory serves, auctioned before and failed to sell. It’s become a little tainted by those efforts I suspect.

It really hasn't managed to get any sales traction at all despite its desirability and now 3 attempts to sell it.

I was also surprised by the number of vehicles passed in at the auction, probably 3 or more times more than their recent auctions.  Maybe interest rate rises are diminishing confidence?

However the prices gained for Australian muscle cars still seems to power on!

I think the issue with the CS is that most people don’t know about it.  Every car guy knows of the 73 RS.  Only super 911 nerds know about the CS.  It doesn’t have any pop - most people would walk past assuming another white SC.

the general rule is that if you have to explain rarity and desirability to someone, it’s probably not that valuable.  Once something is known as desirable it gets its own momentum, like the mk4 supra in the last five years.  You buy one because it has instant cred.  That’s how it goes, right or wrong.

The CS is not going to be a first/only 911 - it’s for the collector who needs all the special ones.  But they are going to get an RS and a turbo first.  

14 hours ago, FAP911 said:

Thought you woulda been watchin 195  ...  nice car that 

7 hours ago, Coastr said:

I think the issue with the CS is that most people don’t know about it.  Every car guy knows of the 73 RS.  Only super 911 nerds know about the CS.  It doesn’t have any pop - most people would walk past assuming another white SC.

the general rule is that if you have to explain rarity and desirability to someone, it’s probably not that valuable.  Once something is known as desirable it gets its own momentum, like the mk4 supra in the last five years.  You buy one because it has instant cred.  That’s how it goes, right or wrong.

The CS is not going to be a first/only 911 - it’s for the collector who needs all the special ones.  But they are going to get an RS and a turbo first.  

Every trading floor yuppy in London , did red wheels and red decals on their car .. 

But the collector who needs all the special ones does the research and buys the best, or buys wisely at the right time. Not something that’s been around the traps. The CS is well known enough in the U.K. to have “people who know” about them all, given that it was a limited run and not many remain. It’s also not difficult to find the sale price of it from CC, which doesn’t help the seller here.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1989-porsche-911-carrera-32-club-sport

The other problem with the CS is that everyone with more than a passing interest in 911 values is aware how much the owner bought it for and then saw the excessive flipper markup as soon as it landed in Oz a few weeks after the Collecting Cars sale.  Dare I say, the CC value at auction is the true market value of that car and the owner has burnt himself with shipping & import duties & now holding costs.  Plus trying to offload in an unsettled market with people pulling money off the table waiting to see where the chips land over the next 6-12 months is further compounding the sellers issues.

1 hour ago, flamingporsche said:

The other problem with the CS is that everyone with more than a passing interest in 911 values is aware how much the owner bought it for and then saw the excessive flipper markup as soon as it landed in Oz a few weeks after the Collecting Cars sale.  Dare I say, the CC value at auction is the true market value of that car and the owner has burnt himself with shipping & import duties & now holding costs.  Plus trying to offload in an unsettled market with people pulling money off the table waiting to see where the chips land over the next 6-12 months is further compounding the sellers issues.

Play with fire sometimes you get burnt. Old mate will be holding for a while to get the money back out.

I hope not to get too beaten up - but i don't get the hate towards ppl buying and selling cars?

I can only assume most here work for a business that buys for "X" and sells for "Y" (be it goods or services) so why the hate?

Like it or loathe it - we live in a Capitalist society (and aren't we blessed to do so) and ppl try to make money on things they buy or things they can do for others (and get paid) whether its a Trade or an Exec @ a bank..... Its the way of the world?

It goes without saying that dodgy/unscrupulous are not included.

If someone can turn a hobby into a job - good on them! Isn't that the best outcome? 

Just my $0.7c worth (adjusted for inflation of course)!

23 minutes ago, on_booost said:

I hope not to get too beaten up - but i don't get the hate towards ppl buying and selling cars?

I can only assume most here work for a business that buys for "X" and sells for "Y" (be it goods or services) so why the hate?

Like it or loathe it - we live in a Capitalist society (and aren't we blessed to do so) and ppl try to make money on things they buy or things they can do for others (and get paid) whether its a Trade or an Exec @ a bank..... Its the way of the world?

It goes without saying that dodgy/unscrupulous are not included.

If someone can turn a hobby into a job - good on them! Isn't that the best outcome? 

Just my $0.7c worth (adjusted for inflation of course)!

Its just called Arbitrage .. but thats the Old Banker in me ,  or is than Porsche W..ker. 

The same is being done with the Red 993TT for sale .. it must be an english thing 

Enthusiast + profit  = Sin 

Enthusiast and NP value bragging  = Masturbation - or is that sin also 

Car Dealer and margin = Devils Money

Car Dealer with Coffee Bar and women touting coffee and welcoming glances in foyer dressed in pencil skirt and heels   = Devils Playground 

Its such a shame we are all sure pure people...    I guess i wont see you guys hanging around Throttle shop, Duttons, Pole Dancing Clubs  Brothels

As for you Boost .. you mineral water drinking , race track preacher .. 7c is not enough in anyones tax structure

PS I trade horses and kick tyres to feed my addictions .. or have .. im good now , im in recovery

Im thinking of moving in to Realestate as my next career

@symsy

Arbitrage - make money AND get burnt. I just don't get the hate?

Me? I love tasting all of the colours of the rainbow - and like swapping cars. Its my idea of fun

I love visiting a dealer, a poly waffle and the rippers! Some of my (many) weaknesses - like boost.

I drink Tequila, Vodka and Coffee - Sparkling water is for the frail and weak!

I know im sick and will never recover. I have tried - I am onto the acceptance stage....

I don't care if you think im a C - I'm ok with who i am !

@on_booost I think most would agree with you, as mention a very valid point with a lot of people on here being successful in business by making a profit, so they'd be hypocrites if they did get the sooks on about it.

What I think most people get annoyed about with flippers, is that someone has sold their car or whatever for much less than what they thought they could get for it because they were forced to sell or it took too long, and opportunists jump on it to make a few bucks. Is that wrong? Well no, not really, as it's probably those who have lost that potential profit who are just annoyed they didn't get the extra money, or it's buyers who have missed out and are forced to pay top dollar.

@LeeM 

I guess its the level of hate that astounds me. Oh , and the zero consequences keyboard warrior mentality.

Bunch of sooks. So you had to sell? Took too long? thought your bucket of bolts was worth more than you got for it? Someone cleaned up and presented (yours now THEIR) car better?  Someone had the cash and YOU accepted the $$$?

Life isnt fair. Fair is where the rednecks take their cows and you go on rides. 

Jeebus - 10 years ago - you couldn't give some of these sh!tboxes away - and some that have owned them that long now on their high horse about values / costs?

Cars are cheaper than they've ever been adjusted for inflation. 

If someone can make some $$$ good on them, all the panty twisting and "he's a sh!tc@nt cause he made $$$" is just a snapshot of society. 

I must be getting old. 

RANT OFF/

49 minutes ago, on_booost said:

@symsy

Arbitrage - make money AND get burnt. I just don't get the hate?

Me? I love tasting all of the colours of the rainbow - and like swapping cars. Its my idea of fun

I love visiting a dealer, a poly waffle and the rippers! Some of my (many) weaknesses - like boost.

I drink Tequila, Vodka and Coffee - Sparkling water is for the frail and weak!

I know im sick and will never recover. I have tried - I am onto the acceptance stage....

I don't care if you think im a C - I'm ok with who i am !

Muskets at dawn or rolling 1km  drags  is the only challenge from me. - No hate.. I think it just envy boss, many wish they were doing it.

Profit , gain , margin , notional value ,   its all hot air and like talking KPA or PSI boost  ..

PS Its water for me till lunch time then Vodka and Tequila 

14 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

I'd say the issue with flippers is they add zero value in the process.  It's just an opportunist move.  

Now buying and selling for a profit after 12+ months of enjoyment seems to sit better with me...Maybe because i've done that 😁

Agree with that...... 🙂 

Same.  Nice to be able to say that my 996.1 C2 owes me nothing (or at least that's the way I try to explain it to my wife.......)

1 minute ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Agree with that...... 🙂 

Same.  Nice to be able to say that my 996.1 C2 owes me nothing (or at least that's the way I try to explain it to my wife.......)

Enthusiast - Entrepreneur ..  watch out I think it was 11 months an 19 days ownership ;)    or do we measure this stuff , T cut , layers of polish or kms 😀

57 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

I'd say the issue with flippers is they add zero value in the process.

I think this is the over arching principal that resonates with me most, whether it is a business or individual, if they are not adding value then it usually shows... and honestly the lazy ones that go around low balling, buying then listing the next day at a massive premium with no additional value add, how sustainable is that anyway? 

I've got no ill feelings to anyone that choses to do what they wish with their cash or car... but I will tell you when it comes to selling a little more unique, I am usually selective about who I'll sell to! 

After all it's a free market and people can do as they like, and we can only play the hand with the cards we are dealt... 

I hate f*cking flippers with a passion. They make it nigh on impossible to get allocations, then because they don’t give a shit usually end up speccing an undesirable car with few options anyway. So now you’ve got to pay a premium and make compromises.

These are the same people who were hoarding PS5s. The same people lining up outside stores for days waiting for limited edition anything so they can eBay it. The same people who hoarded hand sanitiser and toilet paper during covid. The same people who ship baby formula off to china so people here can’t access it.

I hope they all lose their arse in this downturn. Fingers crossed they’re all sitting on a few ‘investment’ cars each.

OK, hi to all those I once knew, and hi to those I don't know.  Looking to buy something, but am APPALLED at the prices being asked.   A standard 993 Tip for $180,000 ?     Are we all just waiting for the bubble to burst and prices return to something that someone would actually pay, or is this the new normal.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1995-porsche-911-carrera-993-auto/SSE-AD-13089664/?Cr=141

How many of these tip 993 for $150 - $200k are actually selling ?  Does anyone have any real sales data ?

Considering a Boxster S (986) as something that might still have some value.