Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

On 11/06/2022 at 11:59, WGA said:

then I rather think it could be a bit of a bargain considering Kerry Packers old 993 Turbo recently sold for around $600K.

Do not forget you could sell a bag K Packers peanuts with the chocolate sucked off them for a 100k , :)

8 hours ago, hugh said:

Kerry Packer would be the epitome of a 993 turbo owner. 

Oi , mine was used as my daily for work and  has travelled sideways , dragged a lot of WRX's and Evos in my younger years and more  .. not just used for latte and ice cream runs ;)   I didnt get a TT with a sunroof though :) 

16 hours ago, symsy said:

Oi , mine was used as my daily for work and  has travelled sideways , dragged a lot of WRX's and Evos in my younger years and more  .. not just used for latte and ice cream runs ;)   I didnt get a TT with a sunroof though :) 

😂 I remember a number being thrashed around as daily’s in their heyday,  that’s what turbos are for right … 🤔

2 hours ago, tomo said:

image.png.9116813d50434c3cbf49180fc61dc701.png

Yeah, I know it has kms on it, but I read somewhere that he didn’t ever drive it - can’t verify that statement though for obvious reasons. I’m betting if he did put those kms on it the car needed a deep clean to get the nicotine off it 😂

51 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

I just did, so what am I missing? The report is still available on the link above ;) 

Must of been some heavy hail with all the heavy panels damaged, Unless mistaken the phrase "heavy panel " refers to structural panels.

6 minutes ago, tomo said:

Must of been some heavy hail with all the heavy panels damaged, Unless mistaken the phrase "heavy panel " refers to structural panels.

Probably crash repairer speak to up there hourly rate charge... "Oh there's some heavy damage there, so that will take twice the time to repair it" 

Assessor- write off ✔

3 hours ago, Diamond911 said:

There was mention of repaired hail damage in the other 997 thread I think.....

Yes, WORV details hail damage, was also a UK import. Full leather interior in black was also desirable.

On 15/06/2022 at 15:58, sjm said:

Yes, WORV details hail damage, was also a UK import. Full leather interior in black was also desirable.

I wonder if the deal will be concluded?

UK 997s have a very bad reputation for Bore Scoring - but not too much here yet.

Maybe the hail damage was helped with a strategic ball-peen hammer??????? 

39 minutes ago, Zelrik911 said:

I wonder if the deal will be concluded?

UK 997s have a very bad reputation for Bore Scoring - but not too much here yet.

Maybe the hail damage was helped with a strategic ball-peen hammer??????? 

Hard to tell by looking at the photos but i think the hail damage has been repaired.

3 minutes ago, sjm said:

Hard to tell by looking at the photos but i think the hail damage has been repaired.

My reading between the lines of Z's comment is questioning what came first... Potential bore scoring requiring an engine rebuild or hail. If in the above order Z is wondering if the owner may have added to the hail damage with a hammer guaranteeing a full insurance payout. 

Pretty out there suggestion IMO. But I am naive as to what people may do.

You might be right, who knows what people will do to avoid possible huge sums for repair.

If it comes up again i will make a point to check it over, as it's not far from me.

13 minutes ago, on_booost said:

Check out this W and the vacuuming job.....

:)

There are the sellers that don't know what a vacuum is, this is definitely the other end of the spectrum :D.

Far higher level of OCD than me that is for sure. Very nice car too.