Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

On 06/06/2022 at 15:14, twro said:

The could be a surprise additional Buyers Fee! I wonder how much owed? I wonder if Collecting Cars are liable, considering they advertised it as having no security interest?

I’d say collecting cars are liable - but the headache of chasing it down …have better things to do in life….

11 hours ago, mc968cs said:

I’d say collecting cars are liable - but the headache of chasing it down …have better things to do in life….

I actually ended up being the purchaser of the 930 with 964 body kit. Apparently it was an oversight of collecting cars not to disclose the finance owing. The seller stated that he had settled the finance before auction close but it took probbaly 4 or 5 days after the auction ended before it showed up clear on a revs check. Ended up picking it up the other day in a pretty smooth transaction 

49 minutes ago, Sepand said:

I actually ended up being the purchaser of the 930 with 964 body kit. Apparently it was an oversight of collecting cars not to disclose the finance owing. The seller stated that he had settled the finance before auction close but it took probbaly 4 or 5 days after the auction ended before it showed up clear on a revs check. Ended up picking it up the other day in a pretty smooth transaction 

Congrats. You got a bargain.

On 04/06/2022 at 16:12, OBRUT said:

Question - has anyone ever seen a 997 in Aust in an interesting or unusual colour?  A mate has a brown one, can’t recall seeing anything else like it. 

I saw an amazing moss green 997 in Singapore a few days ago. Like you say, they all seem to be boring monochrome colours here.

12 minutes ago, tomo said:

That's because they are Aussi delivered ;)

I sadly agree that 99% of our society must think they are stuck in the beginning of Wizard of Oz where everything is all in black and white. Lets hurry up and crush the bad witch and get some colour back on our roads :D 

I don’t know if it applies here, or when it ended, but I read in the “Porsche 996 The Essential Companion” book by Adrian Streather, that at the time, they started Porsche Finance and decided all the cars they delivered to dealers to be sold under it were silver... 

7 minutes ago, JWM said:

I don’t know if it applies here, or when it ended, but I read in the “Porsche 996 The Essential Companion” book by Adrian Streather, that at the time, they started Porsche Finance and decided all the cars they delivered to dealers to be sold under it were silver... 

That would explain a lot..

Every other country seemed to get some fantastic 996/997/991 hues.  You'd think Porsche Cars Australia colour pallet from 2000 to 2015 consisted of Faber Castel's best HB 2B 3B 4H and 7B before someone remembered to chuck in a white and black pencil.

33 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

Every other country seemed to get some fantastic 996/997/991 hues.  You'd think Porsche Cars Australia colour pallet from 2000 to 2015 consisted of Faber Castel's best HB 2B 3B 4H and 7B before someone remembered to chuck in a white and black pencil.

I think in cars like every thing else, That comes to Oz we get what's left , where the rest of the the world gets the best that Oz has to offer 🤔 

It's more to do with the fact that Australians are fairly conservative in general and do not like to stick out too much (tall poppy etc).

I distinctly remember my brother after I picked up the 997 (speed yellow) on being in the car with me the first time "how do you handle this level of attention, everyone is looking at us". I was always enjoying myself too much to notice being my first Porsche at the time, but clearly it made him uncomfortable.

6 hours ago, MFX said:

The main saving grace of that is... some colour :D 

As good as it is, I am just imagining how much better it would be in orange :P 

I think orange is my new favorite color 👍

27 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Ambitious pricing for a UK car.

Is it?

What would a comparable (by which I mean mileage, spec, history) Aus delivery be asking on a like for like basis?

Given its the only one for sale in Aus, it's obviously playing in a space with some demand, for even if nobody in this country wants one then there's only market surplus of 1.

In saying this, I have zero idea of 993 market pricing. In having a quick look at market supply in the UK, low mileage examples command the expected premium, and I doubt I could land one south of 400, so presuming seller has a bit of wiggle room...and it is here and now.... I don't think it's that bad is it?

9 minutes ago, Foibles said:

Is it?

What would a comparable (by which I mean mileage, spec, history) Aus delivery be asking on a like for like basis?

Given its the only one for sale in Aus, it's obviously playing in a space with some demand, for even if nobody in this country wants one then there's only market surplus of 1.

In saying this, I have zero idea of 993 market pricing. In having a quick look at market supply in the UK, low mileage examples command the expected premium, and I doubt I could land one south of 400, so presuming seller has a bit of wiggle room...and it is here and now.... I don't think it's that bad is it?

Hexagon classics have got one in x50 pack too so more bhp and with virtually the same mileage and price aud $280,000 surely could be brought over for a reasonable number even with all the taxes on top.

51 minutes ago, MARTY said:

Hexagon classics have got one in x50 pack too so more bhp and with virtually the same mileage and price aud $280,000 surely could be brought over for a reasonable number even with all the taxes on top.

The answer to your statement is no it can't be. aside from the fact that their asking price is 290k, back of a napkin that's close to 450k AUD to make ready for rego. Sure...if you're able to get them to 150k you'll save close to 45k right there, but good luck to your average punter making lowball offers from an overseas number to a dealer like hexagon.

Sure, at 400k the x50 looks much better than the 495k being discussed here for a non x50, but a) local seller has potentially significant wiggle room and b) you are lessening time delays and risk factors by buying here and now, relative to the headache of importing.

These are obviously such rare cars I imagine price is less important than the affinity one buyer has to a particular car.

1 hour ago, sleazius said:

Ambitious pricing for a UK car.

I am not sure about that unless there is a built in assumption that it has some corrosion or something....because if it is in good condition (and that's the only thing that counts) then I rather think it could be a bit of a bargain considering Kerry Packers old 993 Turbo recently sold for around $600K.

On 11/06/2022 at 11:45, Foibles said:

These are obviously such rare cars I imagine price is less important than the affinity one buyer has to a particular car.

They definitely aren't rare, 6000 made. Like everything else covid has created false scarcity.

Turbo S is rare - 324 units.

On 11/06/2022 at 11:59, WGA said:

I am not sure about that unless there is a built in assumption that it has some corrosion or something....because if it is in good condition (and that's the only thing that counts) then I rather think it could be a bit of a bargain considering Kerry Packers old 993 Turbo recently sold for around $600K.

Prior to that car aussie delivered cars were achieving close to $500k. Given the UK history, and 'our' penchant for discounting non aussie-delivered cars I don't see it. That said I'm sure someone will stump up the cash, and if they keep it 10 years I'll be proven wrong regardless.

1 hour ago, sleazius said:

They definitely aren't rare, 6000 made. Like everything else covid has created false scarcity.

Turbo S is rare - 324 units.

Prior to that car aussie delivered cars were achieving close to $500k. Given the UK history, and 'our' penchant for discounting non aussie-delivered cars I don't see it. That said I'm sure someone will stump up the cash, and if they keep it 10 years I'll be proven wrong regardless.

Covid hasn't created false scarcity in second hand car markets... they're as abundant as ever. But due to supply constraints on new production, and profligate liquidity and spending by govs and central banks, the easy credit and expanded money supply has put a rocket under second hand asset valuations. Many got government money and tried their hand as asset speculation. Assets which are now rapidly devaluating....

Re the 6k you quote, what is relevant is the RHD supply market here and now. I presume RHD was about 3k, and presuming about 10 to 15 percent attrition over this time, gives 2500 to 2700 units. Still, that's not exactly rare I agree. By contrast, my 968cs is probably one of less than 200 RHD still surviving, same with my 928GT, and my Gransport Spyder coupe is now one of about 40rhd remaining....and yet none of these are remotely close to the desirability of the 993t...as is evident to me! The combination of UK delivery and front engined Porsche = totally undesirable!

I'm surprised to read of such large 993t production numbers, but even more surprised to see a 50 50 split between RHD and LHD. In most cases, this is closer to 80 20 or 90 10 in favour of LHD.