Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

19 hours ago, The Bern Dog Experience said:

Is the car the GM of PCW owns - I heard a rumour he has a GTS that was locked up..... This one was bought from PCW it seems

Wouldn't PCW be selling it, rather than a non-Porsche dealership? 

Very nice car. Top $$ though.

I know why he thinks it’s worth a premium, this particular car is a rare ( to Australia) left driver😁

12 hours ago, sleazius said:

I'm not a green car guy, but that is stunning.

Not my first pick either, but I reckon it’s sublime. Same colour as Lee Silby’s 996. 

On 16/07/2022 at 21:28, tomk86 said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-porsche-911-carrera-t-991-manual-my18/OAG-AD-20908578

So ridiculous I had to share. Does yellow command a $150k premium? 

I always love an ad where they ask top dollar and they go all out with the photography...

dont get any better than this ............:Beer:

https://duttongarage.com/Porsche-S-Chesterfield-Racing~217723

219000.jpg

DESCRIPTION

This 1969 Porsche 911S 2.0 was developed to 1970 911ST 2.3 specifications by Brian Foley to contest the 1970 Australian Touring Car Championship.

The car was raced extensively and successfully in "Touring Cars" driven by:
- Brian Foley (1970)
- Jim Palmer (NZ) (1971)
- Alan Hamilton (1972)

And subsequently in "Sports Sedans" driven by:
- Leo Geoghegan (1973)
- Peter Brock (1974)
- John Harvey (1975)

Over this time racing in "Sports Sedans" the car was significantly modified and engine capacity progressively increased as the regulations allowed and raced under the Grace Bros. sponsorship.

Following accident damage in 1975 the car was retired from racing and stored until undergoing restoration to return the car to 1970 configuration.

The car is accompanied by a 1969 Toyota Dyna.

219007.jpg

219008.jpg

2 hours ago, Raven said:

dont get any better than this ............:Beer:

https://duttongarage.com/Porsche-S-Chesterfield-Racing~217723

219000.jpg

DESCRIPTION

This 1969 Porsche 911S 2.0 was developed to 1970 911ST 2.3 specifications by Brian Foley to contest the 1970 Australian Touring Car Championship.

The car was raced extensively and successfully in "Touring Cars" driven by:
- Brian Foley (1970)
- Jim Palmer (NZ) (1971)
- Alan Hamilton (1972)

And subsequently in "Sports Sedans" driven by:
- Leo Geoghegan (1973)
- Peter Brock (1974)
- John Harvey (1975)

Over this time racing in "Sports Sedans" the car was significantly modified and engine capacity progressively increased as the regulations allowed and raced under the Grace Bros. sponsorship.

Following accident damage in 1975 the car was retired from racing and stored until undergoing restoration to return the car to 1970 configuration.

The car is accompanied by a 1969 Toyota Dyna.

219007.jpg

219008.jpg

We want pics of the Dyna!

I believe a member of this site was involved with the restoration of the car a number of years back , I would love to see some photos of that work if any are available , to work on that car must have been one of life,s great joys ..............:Beer:

31 minutes ago, Raven said:

I believe a member of this site was involved with the restoration of the car a number of years back , I would love to see some photos of that work if any are available , to work on that car must have been one of life,s great joys ..............:Beer:

Jason Carroll at Chequered Flag Restorations did the body/panel work to bring this back to the condition you see today, was a massive job as you could imagine 😎

It will be interesting to see what sort of money they are asking for the car , hope to see it on the track again soon :Beer:

I saw the car at the last Sydney Rennsport event I think it was 2016 , remember the Foley car being loud as hell and having an awesome snarl on deceleration , they were just running megaphone on it and the sound was glorious ..

porsche-rennsport-festival-117.jpg

3 hours ago, Raven said:

...being loud as hell and having an awesome snarl on deceleration , they were just running megaphone on it and the sound was glorious ..

Having fitted some megaphones to mine, they're great if you want the onset of tinnitus! Rather loud without a helmet on I can assure you that 😅

I baffled them with stainless scourer pads which made them bareable, yet it did affect the torque of the engine a bit, so I took them off.

The Chesterfield car is just bloody beautiful in my eyes. You'd have to think $300ish wouldn't ya? 

49 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Having fitted some megaphones to mine, they're great if you want the onset of tinnitus! Rather loud without a helmet on I can assure you that 😅

I baffled them with stainless scourer pads which made them bareable, yet it did affect the torque of the engine a bit, so I took them off.

The Chesterfield car is just bloody beautiful in my eyes. You'd have to think $300ish wouldn't ya? 

I dont know I was thinking more with its history , will be interesting to see what its valued at , I just hope whoever buy,s it keep taking it to historic events and letting the public see and hear it ,,,very special car indeed good_mini.gif

33 minutes ago, Raven said:

I just hope whoever buy,s it keep taking it to historic events and letting the public see and hear it ,,,very special car indeed good_mini.gif

Always my fear with significant race cars. Too many are going into collections never to see a racetrack again...

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

Hot rods are getting close to that, this is essentially a real ST with race pedigree including Peter Brock. I am guessing much closer to 7 figures, but I don't really know the market. 

On 16/07/2022 at 21:28, tomk86 said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-porsche-911-carrera-t-991-manual-my18/OAG-AD-20908578

So ridiculous I had to share. Does yellow command a $150k premium? 

I think he got confused, thought he had a GT3T not a Carrera T……..low 2s is the going price for one of those.

17 hours ago, Raven said:

I may have had a 'sneaky sneaky' at Jason's workshop during the resto... ;) Jason did a wonderful job.

P3180275.jpg

P3180273.jpg

P3180274.jpg

5 hours ago, MFX said:

Hot rods are getting close to that, this is essentially a real ST with race pedigree including Peter Brock. I am guessing much closer to 7 figures, but I don't really know the market. 

Ah yeah, fair point there mate. Maybe even higher than that with its history.

Think the original yellow with funky red design paint graphics ST of ex works driver, Gerard Larrousse changed hands for $1m to 2m AUD, so who knows?