Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

18 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

I still think its a pretty bold price for a sporto targa that appears to be an import.  It does have a nice engine going for it though! 

The ad title says it is a Carrera, and shows 2.7 as the engine capacity, but has no photo's or any other specific details about this car. From memory there was a 74 Carrera 2.7MFI car which was basically the same as the 73RS with impact bumpers. 75 Carreras were 3.0. To me this his appears to me to be just a run of the mill 2.7 CIS Sporto, and potentially an import with the MPH speedo, as I think by 75 all of our cars were in kms. Nice enough car, but definitely not immaculate, so I would guess the price is a bit steep for that.

13 hours ago, symsy said:

So the bottom is what 70 or 85?

Getting back to their real worth.... 

I don't get how any of these old UNRESTORED/ not nicely rebuilt POS can command this type of $$$?

Driving experience? Unless a proper built/rebuilt/restored car - its all fictional how "good" a drive they are. 

Give me a 993/987/996/997 any day.

1 hour ago, MFX said:

The ad title says it is a Carrera, and shows 2.7 as the engine capacity, but has no photo's or any other specific details about this car. From memory there was a 74 Carrera 2.7MFI car which was basically the same as the 73RS with impact bumpers. 75 Carreras were 3.0. To me this his appears to me to be just a run of the mill 2.7 CIS Sporto, and potentially an import with the MPH speedo, as I think by 75 all of our cars were in kms. Nice enough car, but definitely not immaculate, so I would guess the price is a bit steep for that.

The fact that Porsche didn’t make a Carrera with a sporto suggests it’s a 911 or a 911S with the black window trim option. A VIN would confirm exactly what it is but I agree Jeff it looks to be an import.

19 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

I still think its a pretty bold price for a sporto targa that appears to be an import.  It does have a nice engine going for it though! 

18 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

Agreed

1 hour ago, MFX said:

Big difference in a std CIS 2.7 vs a MFI 2.7. This car appears to be a 'base' model spec. 2.7 (CIS) 911 'S' (US model designation) - not to be confused with the pre 73 'S' designations or a 74/75 Carrera 2.7. 

49 minutes ago, Yeatesy said:

The fact that Porsche didn’t make a Carrera with a sporto suggests it’s a 911 or a 911S with the black window trim option. A VIN would confirm exactly what it is but I agree Jeff it looks to be an import.

Haha. Totally forgot that the sporto ruled it out as a Carrera too.

On 23/08/2022 at 15:17, cafe_racer said:

Grays have a red 74  5speed 3 litre TARGA on auction ATM in Melbourne.

Looks tidy with a KPH speedo - could be a repo?????

1974 Porsche 911 Targa (Australian Delivered) Manual Targa
 Closes: 4d 4h 22m (30 August 20:30 AEST)

Current Bid (38 bids)
$55,100

https://www.grays.com/lot/0001-20081976/classic-cars/1974-porsche-911-targa-australian-delivered-manual-targa?spr=true

On 26/08/2022 at 16:26, Zelrik911 said:

Grays have a red 74  5speed 3 litre TARGA on auction ATM in Melbourne.

Looks tidy with a KPH speedo - could be a repo?????

1974 Porsche 911 Targa (Australian Delivered) Manual Targa
 Closes: 4d 4h 22m (30 August 20:30 AEST)

Current Bid (38 bids)
$55,100

https://www.grays.com/lot/0001-20081976/classic-cars/1974-porsche-911-targa-australian-delivered-manual-targa?spr=true

Gee, the owner didn't put much effort in presenting the car. A broom stick to hold the bonnet up and used dirty towel to complete the picture!!

Did Australian delivered cars have velour inserts seats? I thought that was English delivery cars?

1 hour ago, rafikdous said:

Gee, the owner didn't put much effort in presenting the car. A broom stick to hold the bonnet up and used dirty towel to complete the picture!!

Were Australian delivered cars have velour inserts seats? I thought that was English delivery cars?

Yes - it made me think that this was maybe a Repossession ??????

39 minutes ago, Stepo said:

A lot of money for an "old shitter", even if it is low k's....look away @tomo

Good  $ for an "old shitter" A nice example too boot, Quirky interior colour which on trend for that period, But 2 much dough for me :(

13 minutes ago, tomo said:

I see Jame's P has the GT3 up for sale @ 50 k cheaper , I think I know what would be in my shed ;)

17 minutes ago, tomo said:

A fantastic bitza Tomo!

One of the most tasteful builds I've seen in a long time.  Love it!

I'd just remove the shark fins to make it perfect.  And then add a modern turbo, Motec and maybe a 5 speed...

302153875_10161757513995830_254879030565

302192377_10161757513530830_157325176461

20 hours ago, Peter M said:

A fantastic bitza Tomo!

One of the most tasteful builds I've seen in a long time.  Love it!

I'd just remove the shark fins to make it perfect.  And then add a modern turbo, Motec and maybe a 5 speed...

Dynoed at 260 hp?  That’s 3.0 turbo numbers, not 3.3.  Even the smogged US engine was 282 hp.

On 05/09/2022 at 00:20, Carrot01 said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1989-porsche-944-s2-manual/SSE-AD-13451213/?Cr=0

this USA import S2 is for sale again, this colour looks great in the sunlight

How can you tell it's an converted import? Pretty major omission in the ad if so as claimed no modifications!