Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

2 hours ago, MFX said:

It looks like it has some 993 interior bits like door trims and dash pad. It also mentions it is a 1980, so it is also a chopped down Targa...

That was my first thought too - it was already a franken-car before the "upgrades" 🤢

2 hours ago, the_sovereign_man said:

I like the opening line "HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A CAR THAT HAS THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS"

The answer is yes, but this is clearly the best of neither worlds. Perhaps someone got the build sheet around the wrong way when asking for an early car with late model running gear? 

Were the worlds in question Venus and Jupiter? Elon should have put this on top of the rocket instead of the Tesla roadster.

2 hours ago, sleazius said:

Either that shed gets water in it, or the owner has a touch of OCD. The floor is lava!

(I'm just jelly - wish I kept things like that)

Tidiness is alien to me. I had to look at picture again to appreciate how clean it was after reading your comment. 😂

38 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Definitely. "Lets see what sticks" pricing.

What is it actually worth?

You'll pay maybe $125k for an average Aussie SC? 

From the photos this looks like a proper resto (may not be, just looks very sorted). Factor in all the metal work on a 40 year old 200 odd km 911, paint, OEM replacement parts, suspension, brakes, interior, engine, transmission etc. I doubt you'd have much change from $200k if you did everything properly. 

5 hours ago, rminc said:

What is it actually worth?

You'll pay maybe $125k for an average Aussie SC? 

From the photos this looks like a proper resto (may not be, just looks very sorted). Factor in all the metal work on a 40 year old 200 odd km 911, paint, OEM replacement parts, suspension, brakes, interior, engine, transmission etc. I doubt you'd have much change from $200k if you did everything properly. 

There is often little correlation between the amount someone spends on a resto, and the value of the finished product. I could spend $150k on a 944 resto - is it now worth $180k?

13 minutes ago, sleazius said:

There is often little correlation between the amount someone spends on a resto, and the value of the finished product. I could spend $150k on a 944 resto - is it now worth $180k?

Go on...I need a laugh 😅😉

$300k for an SC is bonkers 

5 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Go on...I need a laugh 😅😉

I dabble on the fringes of classic cars, it sounds ridiculous, but this sort of thing happens on the regular. A common scenario; Dad's 1920s or 1930s project that after his death the son wants to finish off. Son ends up having to sell it when finished due to the expense, gets 10 cents on the dollar.

On 03/10/2022 at 11:14, sleazius said:

Either that shed gets water in it, or the owner has a touch of OCD. The floor is lava!

(I'm just jelly - wish I kept things like that)

I don't understand how a car guy can have that much shed space and so little stuff?

Shed stuff is like a gas, it expands to fill the space ;)