Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Yep 👍

Except guitars 😁

I read an interesting stat about that recently. Supposedly Fender or Gibson (already stuffed it cause I can't remember exactly who did the research :Chuckle2:) did research on the average guitar player and found that 1 in 10 people who started playing guitar would end up playing guitar for their lifetime, and over the course of their life they'd buy 8 guitars each.

Also this:

https://www.guitarworld.com/features/how-much-is-enough-is-amassing-a-huge-gear-collection-really-good-for-your-playing-and-the-planet

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

So it’s you then 

My hobbies are too large to walk away from mostly. When it comes to P-cars, never.

20 minutes ago, sleazius said:

I read an interesting stat about that recently. Supposedly Fender or Gibson (already stuffed it cause I can't remember exactly who did the research :Chuckle2:) did research on the average guitar player and found that 1 in 10 people who started playing guitar would end up playing guitar for their lifetime, and over the course of their life they'd buy 8 guitars each.

Also this:

https://www.guitarworld.com/features/how-much-is-enough-is-amassing-a-huge-gear-collection-really-good-for-your-playing-and-the-planet

I started playing late 30's/40 years old (57 now) and I've got 10, but have owned more 😁

And yes I play all of them, but the Gibson acoustic is my #1 usually every day.

I'll play till I pop me clogs mate 👍

10 hours ago, sleazius said:

Also this:

My hobbies are too large to walk away from mostly. When it comes to P-cars, never.

The correct number of guitars to own is very well defined and documented: n+1.

Quite similar to cars - but with a much lower barrier to entry and maintenance costs..

37 minutes ago, wilburforce said:

The correct number of guitars to own is very well defined and documented: n+1.

Quite similar to cars - but with a much lower barrier to entry and maintenance costs..

Pinball has the same formula but with a limit that approaches available space. I've been in several houses now with a pinball machine or two in the kitchen. Funnily enough as n approaches the limit, the SWMBO variable approaches zero.

4 hours ago, Burgerman said:

Looks like a great car. What I always struggle to understand though, is with the insane cost of these engines, why people drive them without air filters?

I ran mine on the dyno, with and without air filters and it made 0hp difference. I was hoping for a couple of hp just for the 'bragging rights', but nothing. 

43 minutes ago, MFX said:

Looks like a great car. What I always struggle to understand though, is with the insane cost of these engines, why people drive them without air filters?

I ran mine on the dyno, with and without air filters and it made 0hp difference. I was hoping for a couple of hp just for the 'bragging rights', but nothing. 

The guy that built it wanted it exactly as they were back in the day. 

1 minute ago, reggiegums said:

Can someone please educate me on this car:

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1971-porsche-911-e

• Is the motor a 930 motor? Looks NA to me.
  • Seller in the Q&A states the wide body is factory- is this possible?
  • Why did the bidding jump from $30k to $100k?
  • Isn't $100k overpriced?

1. Early turbo motor
  2. Factory wide body no way!
  3. Guessing trying to win the auction in one foul swoop - haven't used the platform so total guess
  4. One person's view differs from another so not really overpriced????

3 hours ago, P-Kay said:
  1. Early turbo motor
  2. Factory wide body no way!
  3. Guessing trying to win the auction in one foul swoop - haven't used the platform so total guess
  4. One person's view differs from another so not really overpriced????

Typical 90’s era build up. Find a cheap donor chassis, find a motor etc

3 hours ago, reggiegums said:

Can someone please educate me on this car:

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1971-porsche-911-e

• Is the motor a 930 motor? Looks NA to me.
  • Seller in the Q&A states the wide body is factory- is this possible?
  • Why did the bidding jump from $30k to $100k?
  • Isn't $100k overpriced?

He states that it has been up dated to a 964 turbo look , Not that it is a wide body, And for 100k good buying  I reckon :)