Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Thanks Lee, but I'm in that frustrating space where I really want to build something, but if I do anything with cars it will be selling not buying right now. Two kids at private school and a wife who likes holidays keeps the risk of excess cash to an absolute minimum LOL

Just day dreaming at the moment....  

I know the feeling only too well. Though I don't have kids, just a buggered 912 that has to wait for a while

a well chosen 911 purchase could pay for future private school fees...

Not for 12 years worth ;) per child....

(Ask me how I know , and I don't even live on the main$land)

Now , onto the downturn in the world economy , will the 911s start coming out from under the bed soon or are they as "good as gold"?

Not for 12 years worth ;) per child....

(Ask me how I know , and I don't even live on the main$land)

Now , onto the downturn in the world economy , will the 911s start coming out from under the bed soon or are they as "good as gold"?

Hopefully a fair bit better than gold.

Let's see... bought for $900k, now for sale at $599k, appreciating asset?

Yeah it's interesting Rob, Australian cars are hard to measure. Back when they peaked (about 2006 - 2007 for Brock cars) you were paying $130k for a good VK SS Group A and about $300K for a XY GT. Same cars now can be bought for $60k - $80K for the group A and about $90k -$100k for the GT (obviously not a Phase 3). 

I think the fact that the world market has no influence on local cars hurts them a bit. Even Magnus Walker bought a 930 from Yass NSW (the car was about 10 minutes from my mates place and he'd never seen it).... The world wide lust for anything 911 seems to be behind some of the crazy prices here. 

I do love that HRT 427 Monaro, but even if I was rolling in money I wouldn't have paid $900K for it. You could buy a couple of Brock's genuine race commodores for that sort of money. 

Imagine what a factory built one of 959 (superlight or more power or something that made it unique) would be worth today? Bidding would surely start in the millions for a car that would have retailed for about $300K (I think?)

Edited by MB911

Will the overnight stock downturn start to affect 911 (and similar) pricing.....???

it will go one of two ways.

1.  Cash will be removed from the market and put into cars even more

2.  Cash lost in the market (and potentially margin calls) will be replenished by selling cars

helpful advice, I know 

Follow the market Buffet style .. buy on the down turn  . lets hope it crashes a little I have a lot of empty parking spaces at my place and I had just finished my dream car list ...

Just hadnt got to buy em yet .

When the Market "Crashes" every thing crashes with it includeing you and me , it might be indirectly but we all cop the splatter ;)

it will go one of two ways.

1.  Cash will be removed from the market and put into cars even more

2.  Cash lost in the market (and potentially margin calls) will be replenished by selling cars

helpful advice, I know 

Scaremonger!