Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Matt or Satin black just looks like some dope painted the car in the garage with spray cans. You can't polish it, and it only looks neat(ish) when it is first done. Can't wait for this stupid fad to pass :angry:

Yeah, guilty on that one. I used 7 or 8 rattle cans on a VW Squareback a few years ago. Jnr356 ( Mark ) hasnt let me forget it either!

996.2 GT3(?) that might slip through some folks' search filters..  Listed by a dealer as a Targa! At $129,990.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/_/OAG-AD-12728025?WT.seg_4

Non-original front & rear bars and wheels...  Was this the one that previously wore red decals and wheels?

If it's for real and checks out, I'd call it a good value drivers car.  Maybe not one for the collectors though...

a72683907d45916d7e4593a9e937afc4.jpg?asp

996.2 GT3(?) that might slip through some folks' search filters..  Listed by a dealer as a Targa! At $129,990.

Non-original front & rear bars and wheels...  Was this the one that previously wore red decals and wheels?

If it's for real and checks out, I'd call it a good value drivers car.  Maybe not one for the collectors though...

a72683907d45916d7e4593a9e937afc4.jpg?asp

I spotted it on gumtree too, is this the one that was "allegedly-rumoured" to have had the track smash in the rear. Might explain the non original bars.

I spotted it on gumtree too, is this the one that was "allegedly-rumoured" to have had the track smash in the rear. Might explain the non original bars.

Question at what price does a dogged car present an opportunity.. I wonder what the boundary is for the term pride and joy.. its a bit like having a fake watch on and or a fake handbag…isnt it .. If it were 89k maybe .. the cheap bastards wont even pay for a decent photo…probably machined the disks and bought the oil in Kmart for the service

Would you have pride in it ??

Not really a fan of 914s but this, THIS I could do. Where is this for sale?

http://www.canepacollection.com/detail-1974-porsche-914-coupe-used-13484378.html

oh yeh it's blk on blk on blk 

Was listed In 2015 for 110k usd  ( now sold) , though bought for approx 58k?,washed and photos taken. There's an extensive build thread on this somewhere, that I forgot

Edited by michel

FrankenPorsche!!

s-l200.jpg

1990 Porsche 928 S4 Silver 4 sp A Coupe

S4 928 with 300K kms  went for $49k. Crikey!

the scary thing is that in a few years time we'll probably say this was good buying

I still cannot believe that price! But if that is our new benchmark for an S4 lookout! All others are worth more now too!!

Start buying up those 928s!! :D

FrankenPorsche!!

I still cannot believe that price! But if that is our new benchmark for an S4 lookout! All others are worth more now too!!

Start buying up those 928s!! :D

As long as it wasn't shilly - bidders that are 'private' are suss to me.!  ;)

How much more if it were manual..?  

2007 Boxster S for how much..?  I wonder which ship the seller is on..

Edited by WOKA

As long as it wasn't shilly - bidders that are 'private' are suss to me.!  ;)

How much more if it were manual..?  

The other bidders were not private, so must be on the level?? See if it gets re-listed due to non-payer or the like....

Who knows?? Add what ever figure you like, I have no idea what these are worth anymore..... :huh:

Nope, It's not "that" car, I think this formerly wore plates "Uber GT3" or something like that, alas also from WA at some stage & very rare Atlas Grey. 

Just thought I'd pop this in as it would make a 914 more appealing (to me).

post-8032-1258783573.jpg

needs the 911 rear window profile.  Porsche go to great lengths to not reuse it on their other cars, and the Cayman and especially panamera suffer for it.  They should just use the window profile as a design signature on all cars, ala BMW hofmeister kink.

redo this photoshop with a 911 rear window and watch everyone go ooh-ah

Looks like a scam.  Pretty sure I recognise the photos from an old carsales ad where the vehicle was located in Vaucluse or thereabouts

definitely a scam... do not reply to these ads as they use your details

Question at what price does a dogged car present an opportunity.. I wonder what the boundary is for the term pride and joy.. its a bit like having a fake watch on and or a fake handbag…isnt it .. If it were 89k maybe .. the cheap bastards wont even pay for a decent photo…probably machined the disks and bought the oil in Kmart for the service

Would you have pride in it ??

Its not a fake symsy just repaired, I would seriously doubt if there is many early Turbo's and 911 cars that have not gone into the bush backwards or spun out on corners in their early years , just the luck of the draw if you hit a post or tree in the process, And with the early cars they were hand made anyway, If the repair has been carried out correctly its a waste of a car for it not to be driven and enjoyed, Not every one can afford a purrists attitude .:)