Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Thoughts around why? everyone keeps saying they should be cheaper yet they don't seem to be, and sit around for sale for ages.... its bloody hard to gauge the value of these cars!

considering as owners are wanting $80k+ For a 996c4s seems well priced. Must be tempting to negotiate a little higher for a turbo though...

Trends.

996 986 997 987 Down. Why? Production numbers.

996 Turbo and GT3 steady. Why? Mezger.

G Body 911. Strong. Pre 78 - Off its tits

78 - 80 - Up and dreaming due to the fact they don't make them anymore

81 - 83 24 more horsepower and a cab. still nice, no momo steering wheels and turbo tails.

84 - 86 Carrera's - Money shot now, 915 box, most have been finger banged. NOTE : 915 can be nice, rebuild , learn to drive = fun.

87 - 89 Walter likes the ladies. Find one of these and you are like , I don't know, somebody who sold a HSV and found something better, or you think a turbo tail looks good on a non turbo car. If so, you're a tit. Yes you are.

Targa's rock.

84 - 86 Carrera's - Money shot now, 915 box, most have been finger banged. NOTE : 915 can be nice, rebuild , learn to drive = fun.

87 - 89 Walter likes the ladies. Find one of these and you are like , I don't know, somebody who sold a HSV and found something better, or you think a turbo tail looks good on a non turbo car. If so, you're a tit. Yes you are.

Targa's rock.

Suddenly I'm feeling kinda self conscious...

At least the dude at $95K put more effort into his photos than the guy at $120K.

Surely someone would love to have a beer with Duncan.

Yeah, but taking the photos drained him so much he couldn't write anything but "immaculate" for the description...

Thoughts around why? everyone keeps saying they should be cheaper yet they don't seem to be, and sit around for sale for ages.... its bloody hard to gauge the value of these cars!

Asking price is $109k, $102k is not that far off. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.... The longer it sits the harder it is to sell too

This 997 looks decent and has been around for a while:  http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2007/SSE-AD-3701445/?Cr=5

Pretty sure was asking $130K at one stage

Edited by D2000

Trends.

996 986 997 987 Down. Why? Production numbers.

996 Turbo and GT3 steady. Why? Mezger.

G Body 911. Strong. Pre 78 - Off its tits

78 - 80 - Up and dreaming due to the fact they don't make them anymore

81 - 83 24 more horsepower and a cab. still nice, no momo steering wheels and turbo tails.

Targa's rock.

How about 996 GT2 Confucius ?

^^ really hard to put a value on it when a basic 924 is worth peanuts.  I assume it will be sought after by collector types.  But CTS $180k........surely not.

924 Carrera GT with less than 8000 miles

http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/modernclassic3.html

Quick poll on what this is worth - is it $125 - 135

I had a peek at this yesterday - gave a quick mention on the previous page. Its obviously one for a collection as its still on GB plates - last tax disc was 2007 I think, so its been here 8-9 years maybe. It does look good, though!

Quick poll on what this is worth - is it $125 - 135

Probably. Prices of all (running) 924s have doubled in the last year or so. Still inexpensive really.

Banger and not running 924s are still worth peanuts (but cost a bloody fortune to bring up to spec).

A good running NA 924 was $4-5k a year ago. Now it's double that.

Turbos were $8-10k, now high teens.

I would expect the same pricing effect for the much rarer and muuuuch faster Carreras.

I had a peek at this yesterday - gave a quick mention on the previous page. Its obviously one for a collection as its still on GB plates - last tax disc was 2007 I think, so its been here 8-9 years maybe. It does look good, though!

Biggest issue will be all of the dry seals, belts and associated components .....

I imagine it will need quite a bit to spend yet just to make it drivable without any issues ..... and the problem is that if the money isn't spent it will just get worse over time and cost more in the long run ....

This is the dillema with low k's examples ..... still in immaculate condition but not suitable to be used.

Biggest issue will be all of the dry seals, belts and associated components .....

I imagine it will need quite a bit to spend yet just to make it drivable without any issues ..... and the problem is that if the money isn't spent it will just get worse over time and cost more in the long run ....

This is the dillema with low k's examples ..... still in immaculate condition but not suitable to be used.

I don't see it as a problem as such, because buying a low k's example and driving it is like tearing up $100 notes. The "value" in the car is it's low k's and condition, both of which change when driven. Like it or not, this car is a collectors piece and I would expect that whoever buys it will not be driving it.

It has 8000 odd miles on it and is worth more than a higher mileage GT, but then again there are not many GTs around so the price is relative (and may intimately be irrelative due to such low numbers made!). If the higher km one has more on it 10 years time (or 20 or whatever) and this one has 18000 miles on it, then it will still be worth more/ the most money, until a lower mileage one comes along.....

Depends why the future owners buys the car, for investment or because they like it and want to drive it.

If I was ever in a position to buy one of my ultimate dream cars, I would bloody well drive it! Regardless of km!