Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

That would be almost worth the same , the ZAG is an SC with a bodykit ,no? Imported body? Wonder why it's being sold.

Yes, this is what I mean. I'd prefer the base SC car without the backdate but with the same full restoration like this car has received. 

That would be almost worth the same , the ZAG is an SC with a bodykit ,no? Imported body? Wonder why it's being sold.

The Zag is an Import lefty to righty http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1980/SSE-AD-4295105/?Cr=21 but a nice car

That's the cheapest I have seen a Zag and it is possibly the best I know of, with the engine and gearbox rebuild, the wheel offsets (instead of the 964 look) and in great nick. Makes others look $30-40k over priced.

Really hard to price these converted Zag backdates, but what do you think it should sell for Simon, everything considered? And don't mention the UK or 964Rs's once <_<;):D:lol:

Yes, this is what I mean. I'd prefer the base SC car without the backdate but with the same full restoration like this car has received. 

sorry for the nieve question but what's with the rotated speedo? Also have seem similar with taco?

Btw I think it looks the goods!

sorry for the nieve question but what's with the rotated speedo? Also have seem similar with taco?

Btw I think it looks the goods!

I believe ye olden days real racers had them turned so that when the tacho needle was at redline (or shifting point - pre-shift light days) it pointed to 12 o'clock - ie straight up.  Not sure about speedo tho - seems a bit odd when speed is always up'n'down

would you guys prefer LHD or converted LHD to RHD

original 964/930 or backdated?

Seems to be a fair few things to consider as whats on the market has a rather few variables...

This is the backdate that sat at the Healey Factory for the past 3 months until a few weeks back I'm almost sure .....

correct

Depends who you ask mate. You have purists, modifiers,  and some who don't really care as long as they're in a Porsche

Me, RHD without question. And I'd buy a converted car over a similar LHD car. I also like backdated cars, and would do it to my SC if I had the coin

No preference for RHD or LHD. I wouldn't rule out a conversion but would prefer original in either configuration.

I don't mind backdates but I'm a fan of the IB cars anyway, so I would never pay a premium for a backdate unless it had some hot mods to it as well.

It also confuses me a bit why, say a widebody conversion might go at a discount, whereas a backdate might be at a premium.

So I like the white SC backdate and the engine and box rebuilds are worth something and help justify a very solid asking price, but I'd pay more for it in original skin than as a backdate.

The Zag is an Import lefty to righty http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1980/SSE-AD-4295105/?Cr=21 but a nice car

Really hard to price these converted Zag backdates, but what do you think it should sell for Simon, everything considered? And don't mention the UK or 964Rs's once <_<;):D:lol:

I haven't got a clue what it really should sell for, but as said above, it is far more realistically priced than other Zag's that have sat on the market for some time. The gloss seems to have gone off them. Although this is the nicest I can remember seeing, they just don't quite hit the mark for me. But that's just me. If it was one of their ST replicas, I would be a bit more excited. The other thing that makes me do a double take is that I believe they now charge as much for the work on the car and all the parts as they used to for them supplying the car as well.

Realistically, I think that to the right person, it is probably a $100k car, but  think there are less and less of the right people around. I am not surprised that those who have been asking S130-40k have struggled to sell.

I haven't got a clue what it really should sell for, but as said above, it is far more realistically priced than other Zag's that have sat on the market for some time. The gloss seems to have gone off them. Although this is the nicest I can remember seeing, they just don't quite hit the mark for me. But that's just me. If it was one of their ST replicas, I would be a bit more excited. The other thing that makes me do a double take is that I believe they now charge as much for the work on the car and all the parts as they used to for them supplying the car as well.

Realistically, I think that to the right person, it is probably a $100k car, but  think there are less and less of the right people around. I am not surprised that those who have been asking S130-40k have struggled to sell.

Yes it's in the ballpark with some 10 - 15% discounting by the seller if he wants a sale I think .... The orange Zag has sat for a long time at around $130 but it's colour is most probably a bonus over white to many people and it's base car is a 3.2 I think, whatever, it's way overpriced...in saying that, the black Zag based on a 964 with 3.6 (lefty to righty I think) marched out the Healey factory door days after going on sale at about $130 and was a very beautiful piece of work!

FWIW, I wouldn't touch a "narrow body" backdate based on a 964 because they simply look wrong. The biggest issue for me is the ugly wheels, because you cannot get the offset to work but overall, I have not seen any that look right. It is one of the issues with the orange car. Once you go wide body, it isn't such a problem, but you will still not get those cool, really deep dished wheels that make the car look so great.

The other thing for me is that the "backdate" thing is no so last decade. If I were moving away from originality, I would want something....original. Look at what MFX is doing. It might not be what i want but it is an original and pure class, way ahead of any backdate.