Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I've been trawling the net for an air-cooled 911 for under $50K.. Dreaming?

you're in luck.  I've found you one which is currently $9k

http://www.graysonline.com/lot/0001-3409272/motor-vehiclesmotor-cycles/1975-porsche-911-targa-72-163-miles-indicated?spr=true

Mind you, when I say air cooled, might be a Kombi engine lurking there.  But I checked the vin and it is a 1975 targa, just with an engine swap. Sports seats though!  

you're in luck.  I've found you one which is currently $9k

http://www.graysonline.com/lot/0001-3409272/motor-vehiclesmotor-cycles/1975-porsche-911-targa-72-163-miles-indicated?spr=true

Mind you, when I say air cooled, might be a Kombi engine lurking there.  But I checked the vin and it is a 1975 targa, just with an engine swap. Sports seats though!  

Was this the one in Albury on Gumtree a few weeks back? engine looks the same

The Kid says

Another non-Aussie deliver 993 Turbo this time for 190K,two others one for Pommie @250K and Singapore @225K 

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1995/SSE-AD-4133532/?Cr=6

Not much action with the cheapest Aussie delivered car at 295K

Nothing moving !!!!!!!

The Kid says

Another non-Aussie deliver 993 Turbo this time for 190K,two others one for Pommie @250K and Singapore @225K 

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1995/SSE-AD-4133532/?Cr=6

Not much action with the cheapest Aussie delivered car at 295K

Nothing moving !!!!!!!

1 million km's!!! I hope that is a typo.

Without wanting to offend, perhaps just realistic expectations?

From what I have seen and heard a car that looks as nice as that one does in the pics is at least $30k min if not more. It could well just be very well priced, looks very nice and if it checks out someone will get a very nice car very cheaply!

what's the go with the seats. Swapped out at some stage for 911 sports/turbo seats maybe.

Were they an option for the 928 maybe

From my 928 seat thread "The Sports seats 1985 - 1995 , came in a bewildering amount of options ( if you knew what you were ordering from new ) , my favorite is the 928 85 - 95 sports seat with the special option of the 928 only 3 dimensional pleats ( perforated ) & 6 way electric adjustable ( rare & super comfort & incredible support ) 
The more common sport seat was the non pleat version , still very nice but not as trick or comfortable" from BB

Edited by ANF

• From what I have seen and heard a car that looks as nice as that one does in the pics is at least $30k min if not more. It could well just be very well priced, looks very nice and if it checks out someone will get a very nice car very cheaply!

Were they an option for the 928 maybe

There is a big difference between full asking price and what is paid, usually, isn't there (not that one would get that impression sometimes!).  Does anyone here not negotiate when buying a car!?  A 10-15-20% accommodation isn't spectacular, after all.  Perhaps the vendor just wants to sell the car, rather than watch it languish on Carsales for months on end, like every other punter out there in fantasy land.  This is the downside with small price to list and no expiry internet advertising.  Gumtree is even worse.

Plus, the photos often don't disclose true condition, the nosecone looks a little wonky and there is a curious absence of interior shots.  Some cars are mint with 130k, others are shot, as we all know - it just depends on the owner(s).

Perhaps we could not talk the prices up too much :)

Edited by PK010
error