Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Resto has started. Just got to gather parts and do it right the first time to avoid wasting money or making costly mistakes. I'm sure I'll be tapping into wisdom from the forums along the way. :) And yes Tom, for old times sake, I'll bring her around some time but I think the real homage will be a 'Paddington Outlaw' sticker somewhere  on the car - most likely on the rear window where the Californian university sticker sat! A tribute to its former life living on the streets of Sydney's eastern suburbs :P

nice one! Enjoy the ride, I wish it was me!!

Is that the same car that hung around Carsales 2 years ago. It was being sold at the time by a NSW dealership.

The interior and that steering wheel look familiar.

yes it is.... was about 3 1\2 years ago. biggest car buying regret I've ever had....(was going to be my first porsche purchase after collecting corvettes for 10 years..)
it was for sale for around 6 or so months, then i went and test drove it. it was in very good condition except Autohuas told me it was tired and needed 30 k spent on it.... so i declined the 50k price tag and moved on...you could buy a real tidy 930 for around 80-100k at the time

about 3 months later, 930s cost over 150k

what a f#$kin mistake that was.....

oh well.... move on, learn more and now have 930 rebellious outlaw with 3 x the power in my shed... 

Is the maroon an import?? So why aren't people buying that turbo?? history?? or because it's an import?? 

What if it had all the receipts and paperwork from start?? would that make a difference?

Local turbos 993 are selling around the 350k mark? So I'm guessing C4s is around low 200k?

993 for $130k

160 000km on the clock with an engine rebuild. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1994/SSE-AD-4184354

This was $120k a week ago, and $135k about a month ago.  Had a story about his novated lease expiring and he'd pull it from sale if not before end of lease.  Clearly not the case... And you can't novate a 22 year old car... Aaand....  :huh:

Having said that, it looks good.  I really like the Iris Blue.  If I had permission, this would be very close to the top of my list of cars to buy (currently available)

Is the maroon an import?? So why aren't people buying that turbo?? history?? or because it's an import?? 

What if it had all the receipts and paperwork from start?? would that make a difference?

Local turbos 993 are selling around the 350k mark? So I'm guessing C4s is around low 200k?

the ad I showed was for an imported turbo selling for $220k. I am pretty sure no 993tt's are selling at $350k, despite some asking for this. Those days are over. 993 S's were trying to get $200k last year but i don't think any/many sold at that value. Buyers market right now so all depends on how desirable a car is. Maroon would hurt the value for sure

yes it is.... was about 3 1\2 years ago. biggest car buying regret I've ever had....(was going to be my first porsche purchase after collecting corvettes for 10 years..)it was for sale for around 6 or so months, then i went and test drove it. it was in very good condition except Autohuas told me it was tired and needed 30 k spent on it.... so i declined the 50k price tag and moved on...you could buy a real tidy 930 for around 80-100k at the time

about 3 months later, 930s cost over 150k

what a f#$kin mistake that was.....

oh well.... move on, learn more and now have 930 rebellious outlaw with 3 x the power in my shed... 

@raafrebel, we have a special thread for these stories, of which there are many. Welcome to the club ;) #shouldacouldawoulda

MM

This was $120k a week ago, and $135k about a month ago.  Had a story about his novated lease expiring and he'd pull it from sale if not before end of lease.  Clearly not the case... And you can't novate a 22 year old car... Aaand....  :huh:

Having said that, it looks good.  I really like the Iris Blue.  If I had permission, this would be very close to the top of my list of cars to buy (currently available)

Just curious, what tax act clause prevents you from novating a 22 year old car.   I'd be pretty confident about getting that car setup under a novated lease if I was motivated to do so in absence of you pointing me in the right direction to the tax act clause 

Edited by smit2100

Just curious, what tax act clause prevents you from novating a 22 year old car.   I'd be pretty confident about getting that car setup under a novated lease if I was motivated to do so in absence of you pointing me in the right direction to the tax act clause 

I don't know what specific tax clause (if any) there is.  I do know from my experience that most novated leasing companies won't lease a car that is more than 5 years old at the end of the lease.  http://novatedleasefacts.com.au/novated-lease-for-a-used-car/ states that the car must be less than 10 years old at the end of the lease, but has no reference to specific tax arrangements.

My comment was specific to the statement by the seller saying his Novated Lease is ending, thus selling the car.  He may have some other kind of financing on it - but I'm pretty confident it is not a novated lease.

When are we going to see it on the road?

i will race you up putty road any time u want! lol

i don't see any treads here for fang days..... never been for a hoon with any other porsche nuts.

if your from sydney, I'm keen for a drive as long as not too many traffic lights or 60 zones to park in front of a coffee shop

I don't know what specific tax clause (if any) there is.  I do know from my experience that most novated leasing companies won't lease a car that is more than 5 years old at the end of the lease.  http://novatedleasefacts.com.au/novated-lease-for-a-used-car/ states that the car must be less than 10 years old at the end of the lease, but has no reference to specific tax arrangements.

My comment was specific to the statement by the seller saying his Novated Lease is ending, thus selling the car.  He may have some other kind of financing on it - but I'm pretty confident it is not a novated lease.

you can lease but maybe not novated.

had approvals for a 5 year Hire purchase on a 993 with the respective tax benefits. Hp basically same as novated you just take the running cost responsibility.

this is purely my experience and situation only.

cheers

Interesting as I see it.  If we were both in the market for that type of car, your first reaction to ad is to literally flame the seller based on their disclosure ( owner full of s$%^) , and I am seeing that disclosure as a very unique opportunity and would be extremely keen to be on the blower to possibly exploit the mentioning of the novated lease. Polar opposite reactions / thinking.

Just my own view, but I found you initial post extremely harsh  in response to the seller disclosing the car is being sold due to it being under a novated lease which is coming to an end. I took exception (as would the seller at a  guess) of you calling them out (wasn't done from a taking the piss / in jest tone)  and flaming them based on your matter of fact superior knowledge and experience in novated leases in absent of any clarifications or context in concluding that you can't novate a 22 old Porsche.  I thought REALLY.  In questioning the basis of your matter of fact call from a legal perspective, I note you toned down your first post, eg "based on my experience" and "most".  and even provided a reference to support your flaming.   Much better post compared to your post. But...

In defense of the ad / seller (no affliation)  it appears that like that seller I share a common link in terms of our chosen path to get into our Porsche's.  Unlike yourself, I see absolutely nothing wrong with disclosing that they are selling (10 year plus old car)  because their NOVATED lease is ending, even if that is not the true reason for selling.   By association,  according to you,  I too in your eyes are full of  #$% with my disclosure below.

I purchased a 996 turbo  (2003 build date)  earlier this year and two days later I sold it under a novated sale and leased back.  I am leasing the car  for a one year period. (lease value / my sell price is circa half the initial advertised price that was on car sales and is set an amount much less than my actual purchase price for obvious reasons given you are familiar with novated leases).   I will buy out the residual on the lease next year when it expires and take formal ownership.  As good as condition as the car was when I brought it, I expect it will be it will be in much better state when I  buy it back at lease expiry (you backend you maintenance expense claims, before taking formal ownership).  So not withstanding both the seller (not a far fetched assumption) and myself can easily send you a copy of our lease budgets showing the car build dates are well beyond 10 years, according to you those documents along with our fortnightly salary deductions are just part of a lease, and the considering them as NOVATED leases are figments of our imagination based on your experience and superior knowledge of what  cars can be accessed under a novated lease.  For the record, my lease is a novated lease all day every day and my car is older than ten years all day every day.  

Not withstanding the above, I read your link.  Can you help me understand why you quoted that reference your did and cherry picked only the first sentence.  I am bemused / interested in why the bolded sentences appear to have been left out of your post.   Also what meets the definition of a luxury car (tax office definition is under 60k)  if a 911 Porsche older than 10 years commanding  circa 6 figures fails to meet the meet the definition of a luxury vehicle which is clearly a possible exception to the 10 year rule for a novated lease.

"The car cannot be older than 10 years by the end of the lease.  So if the car you are purchasing is 8 years old, you can only lease it with a novated lease for a couple of years at the most.  This age criteria might vary, for example if you are purchasing a luxury vehicle, so be sure to double check before you get too excited."

So having a 22 year old Porsche under a novated lease is CLEARLY possible, your chosen reference even alludes to that ( bold section above from your reference).   

Edited by smit2100