Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I'm jealous! It's better than the Porsche I own :unsure:

I considered buying it, but decided it was a little expensive for me considering the work needed

Agreed! It is a bucket load more drivable than my KLASSSSY project! And also registered. I'm jealous!!!!

Guys, the person who bought it is a PFA member so be considerate and no need to throw stones about a car most have never seen. I know more about this car than anyone else. And the new owner is a genuine bloke who will do it justice. All cars have history after decades of usage. But most are not known. Doesn't make them better cars than one that you know what history the car went through

I have looked at that car for two years being parked not more than a street away and 6 months ago got a more thorough look with the owner. After i posted it I believe you exposed it's interesting past. Yes it has been very unloved and yes with every month that went past it all started to look that bit worse. But I'm going to miss that yellow 912. It just brought a smile to your face everytime you saw it. The new owner is brave. There are a whole load of issues, but I'm glad it's been saved and hope one day to see it parked again in Paddo (undercover hopefully)

ED860E45-3902-4161-A113-C8AB25558DFA_zps

Guys, the person who bought it is a PFA member so be considerate and no need to throw stones about a car most have never seen. I know more about this car than anyone else. And the new owner is a genuine bloke who will do it justice. All cars have history after decades of usage. But most are not known. Doesn't make them better cars than one that you know what history the car went through

well said rafikdous....not everyone can afford to drop $100k plus on a p-car. good on the new owner and i hope he enjoys a life long journey of p-car addiction.

worth trying it on...

they also have/had  I think oz's earliest 3.0 Turbo on the site

I think that might well be the issue with the P-car market at the moment...too many 'trying it on'!  Having said that, some have apparently had some success with the strategy.

There seem to be a bevvy of $100k plus SCs on the market all of a sudden - the latest example:  http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details/SSE-AD-4262975?WT.seg_4=cpAutoAlert;PCAA&utm_campaign=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&utm_content=autoalert&wt.z_driver=Email_SearchAlert

I guess the problem with everyone bunging their car on a website for megabucks (other than the obvious credibility/honesty issue!?)  is it encourages every prospective vendor to think their car is worth at least the same - not so much distorting the 'real' market but probably disguising it and making for painful, protracted negotiations for genuine buyers.  Is anyone going to burst Kathy's bubble and let her know her (admittedly very nice looking) SC, although just maybe 'impressively honest', isn't quite in the 'collector car', CTS/Duttons price bracket, what with the polished wheels, wrong tail, wrong exhaust, additional brake light, lowered, wrong head unit, big speakers, CD stacker, strut brace, non-original windscreen, replacement rear reflector and relatively high mileage...

What would be a 'ridicules' offer for such a car anyway?

worth trying it on...

they also have/had  I think oz's earliest 3.0 Turbo on the site

That ice green Turbot was on display in PCM's showroom in July, beautiful looking car, especially the tartan seats...

Looking at that website it would appear to be a km from my office, might have to pay them a visit.

That ice green Turbot was on display in PCM's showroom in July, beautiful looking car, especially the tartan seats...

Looking at that website it would appear to be a km from my office, might have to pay them a visit.

It seems Turbot has infiltrated common language as to mean a Turbo Porsche! :lol:

It seems Turbot has infiltrated common language as to mean a Turbo Porsche! :lol:

I prefer the contraction  - fish. Far more economical 

I think that might well be the issue with the P-car market at the moment...too many 'trying it on'!  Having said that, some have apparently had some success with the strategy.

There seem to be a bevvy of $100k plus SCs on the market all of a sudden - the latest example:  http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details/SSE-AD-4262975?WT.seg_4=cpAutoAlert;PCAA&utm_campaign=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&utm_content=autoalert&wt.z_driver=Email_SearchAlert

I guess the problem with everyone bunging their car on a website for megabucks (other than the obvious credibility/honesty issue!?)  is it encourages every prospective vendor to think their car is worth at least the same - not so much distorting the 'real' market but probably disguising it and making for painful, protracted negotiations for genuine buyers.  Is anyone going to burst Kathy's bubble and let her know her (admittedly very nice looking) SC, although just maybe 'impressively honest', isn't quite in the 'collector car', CTS/Duttons price bracket, what with the polished wheels, wrong tail, wrong exhaust, additional brake light, lowered, wrong head unit, big speakers, CD stacker, strut brace, non-original windscreen, replacement rear reflector and relatively high mileage...

What would be a 'ridicules' offer for such a car anyway?

meant the buy....

I prefer the contraction  - fish. Far more economical 

otlw :ph34r:

a members car. Brought it up from Melbourne to race at Rennesport. Very low kms from memory. Can't be more that 50 (probably alot less) RHD 75 930's made. Rare car - wonder what he wants?

otlw :ph34r:

a members car. Brought it up from Melbourne to race at Rennesport. Very low kms from memory. Can't be more that 50 (probably alot less) RHD 75 930's made. Rare car - wonder what he wants?

ex Canberra car - owned by The Websters 

Or was