Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

This just upsets me.

It would seriously be better if they just left it as it was.

What did this poor car do to deserve such punishment?

too be fair to Rob or his wife ? Who have been  restoring the car ...  the carnage began before them when it was chopped and made a cab...

but they've done little to improve 

too be fair to Rob or his wife ? Who have been  restoring the car ...  the carnage began before them when it was chopped and made a cab...

but they've done little to improve 

Yes agree - they didn't start it. Good on them for trying. But the choices along the way have been a bit questionable and will take twice the work to rectify.

Yes agree - they didn't start it. Good on them for trying. But the choices along the way have been a bit questionable and will take twice the work to rectify.

reshell start again..... No other way but to do it properly.

Anyone realise that all of sudden now there's only one 993 4S on the market? Or maybe most just didn't sell and rather owners pull out of the market? 

Wondering why it's sitting there? http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1996/SSE-AD-3930110/?Cr=0

Does anyone know this car? Maybe the colour is putting people off?

Anyone realise that all of sudden now there's only one 993 4S on the market? Or maybe most just didn't sell and rather owners pull out of the market? 

Wondering why it's sitting there? http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1996/SSE-AD-3930110/?Cr=0

Too expensive, it's the same price you can get a 993TT for.

I bought the yellow 912 and have to say I'm really happy with it. Yes, it needs work! But it DOES drive, stops perfectly now and I'm methodically going to bring the car back to its former glory. I know everything about the car after inspecting it thoroughly before buying and also discussions with both Rafik and Francis. I knew exactly what I was getting into and don't regret it for a minute. I actually just got back from a nice drive this morning :) 
2mxg7r8.jpg

FFS $254K, nice car but fuch me!

I bought the yellow 912 and have to say I'm really happy with it. Yes, it needs work! But it DOES drive, stops perfectly now and I'm methodically going to bring the car back to its former glory. I know everything about the car after inspecting it thoroughly before buying and also discussions with both Rafik and Francis. I knew exactly what I was getting into and don't regret it for a minute. I actually just got back from a nice drive this morning :) 
2mxg7r8.jpg

I like the little post its MPH to Ks on the speedo. Resto already started ?

Edited by Spannerhead

2mxg7r8.jpg

can you park it outside my house now and again for old times sake? I'll get Jono to move his bloody trailer and you you can have a permanent spot ?. Well done for saving such a pretty car (can't believe Francis didn't take the $20k I offered him :ph34r:)

2mxg7r8.jpg

about fukn time .... Standing ovation ??????????????

start reading this:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-930-turbo-super-charging-forum/815938-i-have-roof-going-legendary.html

youll be horrified before the end of the first page!

I absolutely love naive enthusiasm....this is a classic statement from the guy

But re welding?? [the roof on]
I wasnt going to weld it [the roof] on, smile.gif

I have an idea i will post it as soon as i work out all the variables, if it works it will be as strong as welding without risk of contortion ill run it by here asap

note* there will be no Zipties involved, well not many smile.gif 

Resto has started. Just got to gather parts and do it right the first time to avoid wasting money or making costly mistakes. I'm sure I'll be tapping into wisdom from the forums along the way. :) And yes Tom, for old times sake, I'll bring her around some time but I think the real homage will be a 'Paddington Outlaw' sticker somewhere  on the car - most likely on the rear window where the Californian university sticker sat! A tribute to its former life living on the streets of Sydney's eastern suburbs :P

Edited by Written