Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I'm sure they are a great car, but like most Porsche enthusiasts, three pedals are a must ....

Love your narrow minded thinking Ronny, keeps the Tips affordable for the rest of us unprincipled lot! :D

Edited by Peter M

It is cheap and has been on the market for almost a year. Would appear that there is a catch, not sure exactly what the catch is though. 

To start with, I am always suspicious of cars where the description is 2 lines about the car and 4.5 lines about the dealership! Really helps you get to know the car........

Brow,

If you are interested in that one, this one at Autohaus would be worth a look too.

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2001/OAG-AD-14439335/?Cr=2

From a quick look on Friday, it looked clean and straight and well cared for with perfect service records. 

Looks like a well-kept and well cared for 996tt. Lets us know results of the PPI. (doubt that would be any deal breakers in there)

If only it was manual :(

and all those non Australian delivered cars.......

I think it is fair to say we are a broad church and everyone is legitimate and equal, even the lefties and 924 owners!

%5BURL=http://s615.photobucket.com/user/micheloaks/media/IMG_2297.png.html]IMG_2297.png

And most everyone last year were saying 19k for a turbo was too much ...

Bored? Trying to excite everyone Smitty? Please mention it aint a GT2 and not able to be registered and scant details about anything and it's been on CS for 2 or 3 months...

With a long weekend in Vic  and other places around the globe (reason why the boards are slow?? ) I would prefer to be applying my fingers to much better use around a P steering wheel, gear stick and a petrol pump hose filler lever, and getting out and about even on busy roads.  As that is feasible for me, relegated to a bit of keyboard warrioring  after receiving a few car sales email alert posts (as you mention, not exactly a current new ad hot off the web) and reading  a few posts on opinions on cars approaching value with some owners dropping some dollars on their asking prices in the 996 arena.  Its interesting to me what views their are on value and whats it worth particularly with respect to having a lazy eye peaking  back in the revision mirror over the past 12 months or so.

Re the " aint" a 996 GT2. I thought I summed it all up with  "(well???)".  A bit less subtle than your "it aint a GT2".  I thought enough said  within 9 characters.  It wasn't worthy of a 30 sec search to reference any  commentary on its prior CS campaign  (8 to 10 months ago) and best left for others to express their views, perhaps for a second time at that pricing.

Edited by smit2100

Uber mate 

Is their a different Uber mate rate applied if you get picked up in a P cab, or is that one of Uber's specials/ secret off the books transactions.  eg extra cash tip depending on whether your cab ride is in a tip or manual and weather the roof is up or down.

Edited by smit2100

Everyone know I love the thankless task of rescuing old Porsches (or at least talking a lot about it). 

However, this project would require me to be two things:

(1) a magician; and

(2) mildly fond of 924, 928, 944, 948 or 968 model Porsches. 

Sadly, I am neither. 

Hi Jono

if you are chasing a project did you see Jim's 71T on typ901?

Cheers

Adam

The $22.5K tangerine shell with no panels, engine, interior,wheels, etc? I seriously thought about it, but ran the sums and just can't make them work (even doing all the work myself). :(

The $22.5K tangerine shell with no panels, engine, interior,wheels, etc? I seriously thought about it, but ran the sums and just can't make them work (even doing all the work myself). :(

I know this car quite well. though had thought  it had panels etc.

another opportunity and dilemma. Though as per my previous questions on the other possibly dodgy 71 on gumtree what's it worth.  Or what is now the typical buy in price on a longhood VIN? 

I know this car quite well. though had thought  it had panels etc.

another opportunity and dilemma. Though as per my previous questions on the other possibly dodgy 71 on gumtree what's it worth.  Or what is now the typical buy in price on a longhood VIN? 

what does "know quite well" mean? Any history or details you can share?