Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

my mates  ''infamous' Pastel blue 72 T/E was every bit this car and more.

it sold  a little while back pics on this thread. Here it has a similar asking price now 

worth this ask?

Lloyds auctions sold the 968CS that was for sale at Dutton's ~12 months ago. Car in better condition than when at Dutton's so it appears that someone gave it some love along the way. Sale price $58k + 7.5% buyers premium. If this is the going rate for a 968cs at auction, makes me think the pair of CS at CTS aren't bad buying. 

Few links for anyone interested.

Lloyd link - http://www.lloydsonline.com.au/LotDetails.aspx?smode=0&aid=5971&lid=1035114&pgn=2&pgs=10

Duttons link - http://duttongarage.com/Porsche-968-Clubsport~8081

There was also an 84 911 rag top for sale at the auction http://www.lloydsonline.com.au/LotDetails.aspx?smode=0&aid=5971&lid=1035113&pgn=2&pgs=10 . Think it went for about $60k + buyers premium.

Lloyds968 April17.PNG

How about a 2/3 size replica Porsche 962 racecar project? 

http://www.graysonline.com/lot/0004-7016844/transport-trucks-and-trailers/race-car-frame-and-fibre-glass-body?spr=true

imagehandler.ashx?t=sh&id=15536649&s=gl&

Ends up like this:-

764374d1380019038-diasio-d962r-for-sale-

I love the 962. If you want a good read have a look at this thread https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1426740 . It is a fully custom built 962 with a GT3 heart.

Pssst you know GT3 RS's are rare?? Well theres 10 for sale on Carsales...

Whats that mean..  New ones on order..  Market is over fluffed … Real Estate Market aint so stable ??

And 8 of the 10 are 991's! 

I guess everyone had the same idea ? 

Pssst you know GT3 RS's are rare?? Well theres 10 for sale on Carsales...

Whats that mean..  New ones on order..  Market is over fluffed … Real Estate Market aint so stable ??

Not only that but the 991s have been sitting for 3 mths plus.

Not only that but the 991s have been sitting for 3 mths plus.

It means that the 10 people who purchased them did so with the intent to flip them for a profit all are selling for over $500K and upwards of $570K in a few examples some even have less than a couple hundred klm,s on the dial brand new dealer miles,,,the original price of these was around $450 K ,,,,,,these cars will come down in price when the new 991.2 GT3 4.0 is available down under and the manual transmission is another great selling point on the new GT3 .........I would expect these cars to come down  closer to their  original sales price over the next twelve to eighteen months ..

The new GT3 will be less money than the RS and the 4.0 500bhp and manual option is far more appealing to potential GT3 buy,r ...To see 10 RS cars for sale is something I have not seen before ,,let alone 10 for sale for this period of time ,,,,and from the looks of things the huge mark up on these cars is not doing the sellers any favors ,,,if you were in the market for a 991 GT3 RS I would wait 12 months as I think there is a over supply  ...

Edited by Raven

It means that the 10 people who purchased them did so with the intent to flip them for a profit all are selling for over $500K and upwards of $570K in a few examples some even have less than a couple hundred klm,s on the dial brand new dealer miles,,,the original price of these was around $450 K ,,,,,,these cars will come down in price when the new 991.2 GT3 4.0 is available down under and the manual transmission is another great selling point on the new GT3 .........I would expect these cars to come down  closer to their  original sales price over the next twelve to eighteen months ..

The new GT3 will be less money than the RS and the 4.0 500bhp and manual option is far more appealing to potential GT3 buy,r ...To see 10 RS cars for sale is something I have not seen before ,,let alone 10 for sale for this period of time ,,,,and from the looks of things the huge mark up on these cars is not doing the sellers any favors ,,,if you were in the market for a 991 GT3 RS I would wait 12 months as I think there is a over supply  ...

unless these sellers are all themselves dealers they would have paid a lot more than list price if you factor in tax and interest (assuming they didn't pay cash, but I guess likely some did). Whats the normal depreciation on a used year old P-car? 10% - 15%? Would make them worth about $390k? :ph34r:

unless these sellers are all themselves dealers they would have paid a lot more than list price if you factor in tax and interest (assuming they didn't pay cash, but I guess likely some did). Whats the normal depreciation on a used year old P-car? 10% - 15%? Would make them worth about $390k? :ph34r:

$390k is being more realistic I think,the market is not responding to silly asking prices .The 991.1 gt3 and Rs  with the engine problems in its infancy and pdk only will slide backwards in value quite a bit.The 991.2 gt3 with the manual trans has me thinking seriously of moving my 997.2 Rs and getting into a brand new gt3 as it looks to be a gem.

my 2 cents

$390k is being more realistic I think,the market is not responding to silly asking prices .The 991.1 gt3 and Rs  with the engine problems in its infancy and pdk only will slide backwards in value quite a bit.The 991.2 gt3 with the manual trans has me thinking seriously of moving my 997.2 Rs and getting into a brand new gt3 as it looks to be a gem.

my 2 cents

I think many have a similar view towards the new GT3 and its manual trans as you do I certainly agree with you,,,unless the price.s on the 991 RS drop I don,t see them moving to new homes quickly ,,,,regardless of the huge mark up I think it is great so many made it to Australia and I must admit I like going over that web page and looking at them :D

Brunch outlaw just didn't sound right...

Glad he's in no hurry to sell the pre breaky otlw coz it's 25k overpriced so no worries there with a delayed sale.... and the White one - started at $170 three months back IIRC