Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Seems like the new owner has bought themselves the perfect tinker IB car. Well loved and maintained but with room for improvement at a realistic price. 

It was too cheap .... my guess it would have been bought by a dealer / flipper .... if it was bought by someone that wanted to keep it, it's the deal of 2017 ....

There are a lot of SCs (esp red! ) for sale at the moment. So I wonder if this sale will actually come off.

Does this mean the bubble has burst ? Or are the asking prices just too unrealistic &/or only a flipper can afford them?

I have had my 911 in my self-managed SuperFund & the Auditor is practically 'demanding' that I sell it - even though its value is the best performing asset I have. He says its because of the new SMSF rules  but I suspect its because he's jealous that I have fun with it too.

There are a lot of SCs (esp red! ) for sale at the moment. So I wonder if this sale will actually come off.

Does this mean the bubble has burst ? Or are the asking prices just too unrealistic &/or only a flipper can afford them?

I have had my 911 in my self-managed SuperFund & the Auditor is practically 'demanding' that I sell it - even though its value is the best performing asset I have. He says its because of the new SMSF rules  but I suspect its because he's jealous that I have fun with it too.

No idea about future values of SC's but I was informed that your SMSF can own a collectible car but none of the trustees of the fund can drive it and it can't be stored at the residence of any of the trustees.

No idea about future values of SC's but I was informed that your SMSF can own a collectible car but none of the trustees of the fund can drive it and it can't be stored at the residence of any of the trustees.

I was also under the impression that if a SMSF owns a classic, it can't be driven like a regular car ...

What do I know??

You can't use SMSF assets for personal use as its a breach of sole purpose test. It could make your whole fund non-compliant and liable for tax at the the highest marginal tax rate.. and you as trustee could be liable for ATO penalties.. 

I was also under the impression that if a SMSF owns a classic, it can't be driven like a regular car ...

What do I know??

You know your facts about SMSFs..  :) 

An omission on my part Amanda - apology extended.

You also forgot all the people who identify as (fill in the blank) so hang your head in shame and remember to check all boxes and consult the forum HR department before carelessly typing anything in the future.

Edited by StevepGT3

SMSF car storage facilities available in Byron, You can fly up to review your assets, most of the year its warm and sunny , if you all buy Red SC's who would ever find out who is driving what car..owned by whom

You are of course allowed also to rent/loan them out .. Car Keys in the Bowl kinda thing ..excuse the pun

If anyone needs to liquidate ..let me know , Im totally open to enthusiast pricing .. I think that I can find some other ethusiastic buyers , dealers , brokers who would obliged to buy them there after 

SMSF car storage facilities available in Byron, You can fly up to review your assets, most of the year its warm and sunny , if you all buy Red SC's who would ever find out who is driving what car..owned by whom

You are of course allowed also to rent/loan them out .. Car Keys in the Bowl kinda thing ..excuse the pun

If anyone needs to liquidate ..let me know , Im totally open to enthusiast pricing .. I think that I can find some other ethusiastic buyers , dealers , brokers who would obliged to buy them there after 

you could open the next Bunnings mate :lol:

I'm too naive you think? Rose tinted glasses are on perhaps.  

hopefully you are right 

Has anyone been tracking 997 prices and has a spreadsheet they would like to share? lol

They appear to be appreciating.... i might have to wait for a mortgage stress news article before rechecking car sales.

Funny you say that as this the cheapest 997.2 I've seen.  Good price at $95k and OK km.  Not that one example proves anything!

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2009/SSE-AD-4697277/?Cr=15

Has anyone been tracking 997 prices and has a spreadsheet they would like to share? lol

They appear to be appreciating.... i might have to wait for a mortgage stress news article before rechecking car sales.

when it comes to the carrera, manual coupes are holding value, tip or convertible depreciating

When it comes to the carrera, manual coupes are holding value, tip or convertible depreciating

GT3's been smashed in my view 10-20%..in the past 4 -5 months, but I tell ya .. you gotta have one .

997s is also a PHAT looking car ..

You gotta say 997 is a great value 

Interesting add for this 924 https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/north-ipswich/cars-vans-utes/1981-924-porsche-coupe-/1147146606

For sale BLACK 1981 924 Porsche, a buyers DREAM.
Very regretful sale but at 17 I have already got 3 cars of my own.
Motor is in a2 condition for those who don't know what a2 condition means well it means half is in the engine bay and the other half is on the back floor and will also need a tune up.
Does have some age spots as I call them, others call them rust spots. Interior is all there just not in its correct place. Does come with some free mold. This Porsche is very custom as it does not drivers door handle but you can go through the passenger side no worries. Does come with a fully sick sports steering wheel and alloy mags. Comes with trolly handle aka boot wing. Has got freckles (overspray) Does have old rego sticker to make it seem a little more vintage. Over all this has a few problems but nothing a carton of alcohol, a bunch of your mates and a weekend can't fix. For a quick sale $4500 or will swap for 2 loaves of bread, 3L DAIRY FARMERS MILK, a bottle of DOVE conditioner (for fine hair) 6 pack of beef and cheese pies and a carton of Jim beam. No tire kickers either. Pictures speak for themselves. This car once together again will do 8 seconds at Willowbank EASILY.
Also comes with free muffler bearings.