Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Base on that response ie "lots of SC owners who will chime in but casual observation top prices for SC's seem to be $80-$100k. Being a converted car will hurt the value though. Could be as much as 50%", I gather that has you and your accountant seeing a bit of red (ink) if you have a second eye looking a the current book value.   Solid year in the fund perhaps. 

Edited by smit2100

you driving a LHD, converted, rusty, 924 with reproduction 997 GT3 body kit Harvs??

not quite. 

lots of SC owners who will chime in but casual observation top prices for SC's seem to be $80-$100k. Being a converted car will hurt the value though. Could be as much as 50%

It's taken nearly ten years (not 3) for my formerly lefty SC to double up. Not complaining, it is what it is. A little while back a valuation from RSR garage made me bump the insurance by 15k.    If I spent a bit to tidy up, the value might be 65-70% of a similar condition unconverted SC

not quite. 

It's taken nearly ten years (not 3) for my formerly lefty SC to double up. Not complaining, it is what it is. A little while back a valuation from RSR garage made me bump the insurance by 15k.    If I spent a bit to tidy up, the value might be 65-70% of a similar condition unconverted SC

Based on that, does that mean $64,000 for a similar conditioned unconverted SC.  Leads you back to Rome.  Eg Right in Turbo T's wheel house in terms of a midpoint to his 40k to 50k

Edited by smit2100

I'm shopping at the moment, have been for a month, heres my 2 bobs worth.

An Aussie, matching numbers  drivers car (80% of show room condition) would be $85k

less $15k for import

Less $10k for conversion

Non matching numbers less $5k

A matching numbers Aussie car sold in Qld this week for $60k in 1 hour sight unseen (however the guy did know of the owner and the car) it was very clean in the pics with a little body needed (poor repair) but you could live with.

In Adelaide there is a spanking SC (too nice to drive) for $115k Aussie matching numbers

I am thinking $55-$60k for a nice US converted matching numbers good history.

Less for a targa

Pass on a Cab

And further more 2.7 (is that still an SC ?) motors seem to be avoided, 3 ltrs are the pick of the range

And further more...... pricy cars are slow to move, import converted cars are slow to move, import converted non matching numbers simply don't sell.

Edited by AndrewW

And further more 2.7 (is that still an SC ?) motors seem to be avoided, 3 ltrs are the pick of the range

Just for your interest .... a 2.7 is not an SC ..

The first SC's were released in 1978 with a 3.0 .... it had 180 hp ... then 188 hp.

The next generation SC was released in 1981 with 204 hp .... they ran until the 3.2 in 1984 ....

Just for your interest .... a 2.7 is not an SC ..

The first SC's were released in 1978 with a 3.0 .... it had 180 hp ... then 188 hp.

The next generation SC was released in 1981 with 204 hp .... they ran until the 3.2 in 1984 ....

find one of those rare Bahama yellow jobbies and you are onto a winner. They all seem to be red though...bit like 964's

Well the SMSF Auditor has me over a barrel now & reckons I have to liquidate my 911 into 'SMSF approved' cash by start of next FY  :o

Has the BUBBLE burst for the value of red SCs? Mine is early 78, came here in 1990s from LA has engineered RH conversion & matching numbers.

Done high K's but still very original & has been a fantastic club car. I want it to go to a good home.

Any ideas on the current realistic price? I will advertise it here first.

P1120482.JPG

Screw the auditor.. screw the bubble.. keep the porsche!

My guesstimate on reasonably good drivable SC coupe values 

LHD 45k to 55k

RHD converted 50k to 60k

RHD imported 55k to 70k

RHD Australian 70k to 100k

Impact bumper 911 74 to 89

probably close.  What about targas?

“How long is this sustainable? I’m not sure.

“We have very low interest rates, so the cash market is pretty strong in terms of there is money there to be lent, but that bubble…there’s going to come a point in time where there’s going to have so much air that is blown into the bubble, that it’s going to burst.

“When? I don’t know, but this can’t be sustained for too long.” "

Unlike most of you, I'm currently watching from the P car sidelines.  While I wish you all well with your P car investments........WHENS THE DAMN BUBBLE GOING TO BURST.  

Bring back 2013/14 when I had the pick of multiple 996 GT3s from mid $80s but opted for a 996 GT2 for $125k instead.  Seems crazy but it wasn't long ago.

Perhaps 2018 is my year, I look forward to visiting an RSR sale, overflowing with quality GT cars.  Bring on multiple dilemma mode:

- 996.1 GT3 or 997.1 GT3? Got be CS though.  

- or a pumpkin 997 GT3RS

- cheap GT4?  918 seats a must

- 991.1 GT3RS (Mr Purple) or 991.2 GT3 manual?

-  968 Turbo RS replica or clean 968CS

- long hood 3.8 hot rod?

I have space for 2 in my garage.  

Right now the recent GT cars are like mushrooms on carsales, can I hear air squeaking out of the bubble?  Early signs of deflation, top down.

Decided on my next car.. a base model 997 manual in white or off white. I'd be happy with that.

Keeping the SC. Not in it for investment reasons.

Hopefully the base 997 comes down a bit in time.

Decided on my next car.. a base model 997 manual in white or off white. I'd be happy with that.

Keeping the SC. Not in it for investment reasons.

Hopefully the base 997 comes down a bit in time.

S or 4 S

Unlike most of you, I'm currently watching from the P car sidelines.  While I wish you all well with your P car investments........WHENS THE DAMN BUBBLE GOING TO BURST.  

Bring back 2013/14 when I had the pick of multiple 996 GT3s from mid $80s

It could be sooner rather than later.

So what is driving the bubble, everyone says its supply and demand, this is my theory.

Availability of credit; money is cheap.

Sentement driven by media; classic cars are so cool, if I don't buy now I am going to miss out, so I have to pay, but that's ok, money is cheap.

Greed; I think my car is worth X and I am not selling for less, I don't have to sell because I can afford the credit.

All it will take is a credit interest rate rise and that's well and truly on the cards. 

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/opinion/budget-2017-big-new-tax-robs-banks-and-whos-next/news-story/d3ffd999656bbddc80fe178b3b1ba897

The banks won't pass that tax onto the customer, will they? 

Yeah just like the property bubble that's been talked about for years.  Prices keep on rising.  A Senior economist at NAB gave a post budget speech and I heard he said they are not expecting any rate rises this year and maybe not for some time into 2018.  Economic outlook is positive globally.

Many THANKS everybody for the advice on pricing for my 78 SC 3.0 coupe. I have also gleaned a few tips&traps from the commentary, I will probably ask mid to low $50K+ then see how that goes.

Just on the Economy generally - I have a son in Washington DC & he says you can actually feel the economy gradually picking up. Employment in a lot of business sectors has bounced back. Here's hoping it flows over to us - soon!!!

Many THANKS everybody for the advice on pricing for my 78 SC 3.0 coupe. I have also gleaned a few tips&traps from the commentary, I will probably ask mid to low $50K+ then see how that goes.

Just on the Economy generally - I have a son in Washington DC & he says you can actually feel the economy gradually picking up. Employment in a lot of business sectors has bounced back. Here's hoping it flows over to us - soon!!!

sensible price. Good luck with the sale.

bummer that we can't all stick our p-cars in Super ?

sensible price. Good luck with the sale.

bummer that we can't all stick our p-cars in Super ?

You can absolutely put it in your SMSF - just 2 small things ....  watch your accountant have an absolute meltdown when he audits the fund for the year and then prepare to sell it to pay the huge fine that's well and truly on the cards   OR   it must be kept under monitored and staffed security in an independent  premises which has absolutely no connection with you, your wife or your family(s) or friends and must be unregistered fully insured totally disabled from driving ie up on stands and can have absolutely no klms recorded in the year ...... and then sweat on the audit from the men in black when they still start with a desk audit ......and hope they don't find any other close to the line skullduggery