Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

You can absolutely put it in your SMSF - just 2 small things ....  watch your accountant have an absolute meltdown when he audits the fund for the year and then prepare to sell it to pay the huge fine that's well and truly on the cards   OR   it must be kept under monitored and staffed security in an independent  premises which has absolutely no connection with you, your wife or your family(s) or friends and must be unregistered fully insured totally disabled from driving ie up on stands and can have absolutely no klms recorded in the year ...... and then sweat on the audit from the men in black when they still start with a desk audit ......and hope they don't find any other close to the line skullduggery

I repeat...

bummer that we can't all stick our p-cars in Super

White 1982 930. Sale price 89k + 7.5% buyers fee.

930.PNG

Did it sell at that price or get passed in? This car is currently at Kingsgrove Prestige with a price tag of $135K. 

One major piece of information is missing from the Llyods listing - it is LHD to RHD converted. 

It could be sooner rather than later.

So what is driving the bubble, everyone says its supply and demand, this is my theory.

Availability of credit; money is cheap.

Sentement driven by media; classic cars are so cool, if I don't buy now I am going to miss out, so I have to pay, but that's ok, money is cheap.

Greed; I think my car is worth X and I am not selling for less, I don't have to sell because I can afford the credit.

All it will take is a credit interest rate rise and that's well and truly on the cards. 

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/opinion/budget-2017-big-new-tax-robs-banks-and-whos-next/news-story/d3ffd999656bbddc80fe178b3b1ba897

The banks won't pass that tax onto the customer, will they? 

Did I get in wrong in assuming most punters brought their P cars from their excess disposable income entertainment cash savings account that their partners are aware of but not over the detail in terms of actual amounts that flow through the account.  In terms of alluding to easy credit, I  gather you have not needed to go to the bank very recently  to get that easy available credit. 

I am trying to increasing my line of credit  based on these increasing property values (isn't it only really Melbourne and Sydney and surrounding regions) of recent time and made a big mistake in hind sight of disclosing the additional funds would be for investments (eg shares).   I would of been wiser to have said thinking of enhancements to the existing property that is subject to the mortgage.   But Fark me, talk about drill down and increased scrutiny.  Certainly not aligned with availability of credit is now a piece of piss based on what I am going though.

Just a snippet of the what I've been dealing with.  Two months into the application and I get this.

Just a quick update on your application.   

Credit have reviewed it and there’s additional information that they require: 

· PAYG payment summary for year 2015  

· Can you please clarify your living expenses? High volume transactions from the offset account, payments to credit card and regular payments to PAYPAL Australia – appear to exceed declared amount of XXXX

Just to being it back to some P car context, my response

Sure,

Unsure of what a PAYG payment summary is for the year 2015.  (eg calendar or tax year, Group certificate?, plus I explained my pay slips are on a Dec to Nov calendar year in terms of year to date numbers).  However,  attached are extracts from the FY2014/2015 tax return with sections related to declared income.  Same as what I provided you per my 2015 / 2016 tax return.

It appears your credit team are  single minded and focusing only on one side of the offset account and appear to be totally ignoring the other in terms of deposits.  Please direct them to  / have them revisit the offset account and look at some large deposits (I am surprised the credit team have not questioned those)   The high volume transactions, payments to credit card and regular paypal payments are not living expenses.  They  are maintenance expenses on my Porsche that as you are aware was under a novated lease until recently.  I elected to pay all my maintenance expenses out of my own pocket  (via referenced accounts) and then submitted  expense claims for reimbursement under the lease.  The deposits in the offset account literally offset those transactions queried.   Now the car is off lease, the expenditure in the accounts are normalised (i.e  mainly living expenses) . Refer to this months credit card statement (attached) and note the amount of spend and volume for the current  month compared to when the car was on lease both on the credit card statement and in the offset account.

Plus, after two months, they said they can't offer me the same variable rate as what I am currently paying, and if its an interest only sub account, the rate will be again more than a principle and interest sub account.   But in perspective its cheap money compared to my colleague sitting next to me who is paying 11.5% on his mortgage less a little bit of tax offset

It would be interesting to run a poll to see the stats on how folks fund / would fund their P Cars.  Could give an insight on pricing sensitivity to interest rates   Here I'm thinking interest rates won't make two hoots of a difference to P car owners and offloading their cars when the economy is heading down the curve unless your at the top end of town (eg 200k plus models ) and / or have a business and can't  secure cash and need to liquidate.   Eg Didn't really see much fallout come out of Perth's down turn in term of P car's coming onto the market in the sub 200k arena from what I was seeing, ex work colleques with P cars and whats been posted in this thread.  Or is  Perth have bugger all Porsche's parked in garages  compared to the east coast.

Edited by smit2100

A good relationship with the right person at the bank is gold. I might have paid a little more interest by sticking with a big bank but it's been zero maintenance/effort and my guy has just dealt with stuff and that has facilitated other stuff that's worth way more than a few basis points on interest.

11.5% is early '80's interest. Crazy.

I'm not holding my breath for any bubble to pop. I do think some sellers should be a bit more realistic about values if they actually want to sell their cars. It's very easy to sell a decent car if you're serious and willing to meet the market.

Yes the Banks have tightened up. Their administrative assessment capability is often frustrating. Who know's ,The Govt passes a subtle message to the Banks tighten up on this tighten and that, even lets charge for this, guarantee this BUT won't dare go raising interest rates. Rates have generally been coming down for 30 years or whatever and the whole way along, punters go, hey how low is this, and fix, and the banks clean up as the rates continue down down. 

My guess is that forced P car sale's are generally the new exi stuff that would be hi rollers get themselves into and then get forced out off due to dramas at the home or business. Maybe even cheaper Sunday only cars end up on the block also due to dramas in the Home as non essentials are the first things to go.

I think the factor that will impact prices more than interest rates is the avalanche of new P Cars and specials that continue to roll off the line at a price that gets cheaper in real terms every year and hence far greater supply of the P brand sure it makes the real old stuff more pricey but for GT cars and Turbos (real ones) it is going to get awfully crowded in that  $90k to $180k bracket at some stage. I think the $50k base line is safe as many many can stump up that much i.e. buyer support is much stronger as the market depth grows significantly the lower the price unless … nope I won't  go there. The key second factor impacting resale price are the squillions of P Car SUV buyers that in time will desire a 2 door P car. And then when China starts to permit used imports you going to need your hard back seat.

Edited by Brow
correction

Screw the finance options, im not sure I would be borrowing to back them as an investment ,unless its a new GT3 perhaps.... ?  i get the borrowing to not frighten the Mrs and emptying the bank account and the background loan that makes you feel like getting up in the morning. Surely this is mostly a cash or disposable capital market or a good business and tax write off arena. 

Help I cant tyre kick and buy them all ..  to maintain market momentum to keep us interested ;) without RSR and Robs done us proud selling two SCs and probably more , what on earth would we talk about..

PFA Market indices and trades this week is low is it not ?

With the White Hotrod moving on whats that .. 3-4 cars sold this week , that we are tracking here... .

I think theres a better market swapping the Woolies  Marvel Discs in the playground at the moment.   BUY BUY SELL SELL

Where is the RP data site for cars... anyone ?

According the the Gran kids, There ok, But he new thing is a thing called a fidget spinner that are sold out every where and you can only buy a fake at the moment, ;)  

Edited by tomo

. and then sweat on the audit from the men in black when they still start with a desk audit ......and hope they don't find any other close to the line skullduggery

When they knock on the door https://www.facebook.com/ethan.tucker.12382/videos/272702843194988/

Did it sell at that price or get passed in? This car is currently at Kingsgrove Prestige with a price tag of $135K. 

One major piece of information is missing from the Llyods listing - it is LHD to RHD converted. 

LHD converted car, though engine is quite original, I've seen it up close (no affiliation)

I too saw the price at $87K ++ auction fees, but now the price has been removed from the auction site, as have all sales from yesterday's Lloyds Classic, Muscle & Barn finds Auction NSW

I know they can keep / remove whatever data of prior sales they like, but somehow this doesn't sit well with me, Mecum Auctions on the other hand in the USA allow searchable access to all prior auctions.

The market is really divided between financed big dollar cars and cheaper play money cars.

But anyone who has a mortgage has financed their car, even if they bought with cash.  Because the car will always go before the house does.  Meaning anyone in financial stress over mortgage will sell to raise cash.

i actually don't see rates going up too much.  The USA cannot afford to raise rates or it won't be able to pay its own debt, so there is a limit.  Our own economy is strangled by debt payments as per the recent budget showing interest payments on government debt dwarfing most other expenditure - defense spending is like a drop in the bucket compared with the interest bill now.  So rates can't go up that much.

Do you know what the yellow SC targa went for? @bear924

Yellow 911 closed at $41k.

White supercharged 997 closed at $83k.

I also don't know whether these were sold or passed in. I only know their close amounts.  I also didn't realise that the turbo was a conversion, I didn't look that closely at any of the cars however it is a good example of the need to do your due diligence. 

You can also view a recording of the Lloyd auctions from their website somewhere... not sure what the lag time between auction close and video posting is.

One think I like about UK auction sites is that they generally list results on their websites for previous auctions. I have wondered whether this is something driven by the market or by their government?

I also agree with D2000, that is a nice looking SC.

Edited by bear924
Added additional comment

Saw this awhile back . As per ad,  non runner and not regoed since 2005

Repainted . Maybe non matching

But sporto and its orange 

PORSCHE SPORTMATIC 911  1974 on Gumtree http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1147902582?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms

Edited by michel

Its only not a joke when nobody buys it or laughs ...  

Not so sure with the besser block rear bumper bits an Aus car..

I guess if your gonna try it on try it on.. maybe they are giving one of those wheaties packet 3 yr warranties with it or something to get one of those special newbie buyers

Its only not a joke when no body buys it or laughs ...  

Not so sure with the besser block rear bumper bits an Aus car..

I guess if your gonna try it on try it on.. maybe they are giving one of those wheaties packet 3 yr warranties with it or something to get one of those special newbie buyers

Agree that the bumpers look out of place ... that "could" just be a replacement bumper at some stage .... The VIN says ROW and the besser blocks were US ....

I have noticed though that it has flared guards front and rear ..... M491 or 80's try hard turbo look???

Good lord. If a genuine m491 it may be worth a premium to an ordinary cab. But if it's a non-original widebody cab they're dreaming. I could refer you to a new aus delivered widebody conversion Coupe who would happily take a substantial profit if that's the going rate!

A good relationship with the right person at the bank is gold. I might have paid a little more interest by sticking with a big bank but it's been zero maintenance/effort and my guy has just dealt with stuff and that has facilitated other stuff that's worth way more than a few basis points on interest.

11.5% is early '80's interest. Crazy.

I'm not holding my breath for any bubble to pop. I do think some sellers should be a bit more realistic about values if they actually want to sell their cars. It's very easy to sell a decent car if you're serious and willing to meet the market.

nah, I am seeing 11.5% is the current rate for the average Indian punter, akin to our 4.5%. 

These pages seem to be turning over very slowly of recent time, or its just that time of the year as we head in winter and out come the indoor covers cover whilst a lot of potential stock goes  into  garage queen hibernation mode and its just the usual suspects turning them over,  whilst the odd opportunist is just taking the p#$%, but at least having a crack at answering the question on whats it worth.  But as you note, advertising (asking) and selling (getting cash) are two different animals.  But do agree that  like many things, if decent and its priced at what the market can bare, buyers are out there to snap them up.

PORSCHE SPORTMATIC 911  1974 on Gumtree http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1147902582?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms

And I thought you were sending me a hot tip earlier , private like via SMS .. but then I realise it was just a facebook like..  There are reasons why  A WHILE and run away go in the same sentance.  The exception is  however is when they mention open to cash offers and talk of coins

Ooops had to edit .. missed the leaking oil from Muffler bit

Edited by symsy

geez. If that thing is still leaking oil from the muffler after 12 years..............