Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

A mate of mine is interested in this car, anyone have any info for it?

its been for sale for a while yet all the picks suggest its amazing, price started at 120k, now 99k,

any one have any worthwhile info on it?

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1978/SSE-AD-4383065/?Cr=6

Looks very nice... but someone's made a move on it (not me)

"Currently under offer pending payment. "

Tazzieman I've owned a 6.3 and they do amaze traffic when the old man car Mercedes roars off into the distance at the green light :lol:

Old man's car indeed

Traditionally conservative Mercedes-Benz factory figures quote 0-60mph in 6.5secs, the standing quarter mile in 14.3secs and a top speed of 137mph.

By comparison, Wheels magazine in 1971 clocked an XY GTHO from 0-60mph in 6.4secs, the standing quarter mile in 14.7secs and saw a top speed of 141.5mph

Non running 74 Targa sporto at $45k

I'd have to think that was well above market value.  Something with a 3 in front might flush out the buyers.  You'd have to figure in a 20k spend to get it back running, and that's before you looked at any body/interior problems.

I just perused Gumtree for the first time in a while.  Seems as though there are just as many '911 wanted' ads as there are '911 for sale' ads.

I guess a lot of people have the project car / hotrod itch.

Anyone spot this rare Aussie RHD 912 that listed and went in a nansecond?

34289336240_87c7e9b2b6_z.jpgCapture1 by Robert K, on Flickr

34289412550_0cb1efd355_b.jpgCapture by Robert K, on Flickr

I really hope this was bought by an enthusiast not a flipper, as if that's what an Oz delivered 912 sold for, they got a bargain!  If not, we'll see it advertised for well over $100k soon

Isnt that why this thread is so active.. of course no one is out for a dollar:ph34r:  enthusiast, flipper, ethics , motoring morals, dealer , drug dealers there all here openly or lurking.

I just seen people with a common interest in the simplest of arbitrage , just some wear anoraks and some wear hoodies

I reckon theres a book in here some where..  the monk that sold his Ferrari was a big hit

Maybe  >  "Swapping your soul for a Porsche"

or "Morals and Masseratis"

As you say TAZ ("as long as there's a dollar in it")

sounds like the great American way or is it the Ferengi way, anything goes as long as there is profit, nasty little big eared bastards the Ferengi, could be a new term for flippers !

In all my various passions, money, profiteering and theft always alters the vibe of being passionate about something, those three elements always seem to exist and blacken dreams.

I have bought two classic cars for $1 each. You should see the return on investment graph.

Elementary_graph_smile.png

Matchbox I take it.  Did you sell to a collector

Porsche bubble charts,  but colours are wrong, eg blue should be purple and patchy, , green should be blue, black should be green and missing one in the 4th quadrant  i.e (x,-y) and should be red (big losses). 

Edited by smit2100

Matchbox I take it.  Did you sell to a collector

Porsche bubble charts,  but colours are wrong, eg blue should be purple and patchy, , green should be blue, black should be green and missing one in the 4th quadrant  i.e (x,-y) and should be red (big losses). 

A $1 car can put the same smile on your dial as a $1 million one. Most rich people I know are not very happy . Worried , not happy in the deeply contented manner. 

Saw this awhile back . As per ad,  non runner and not regoed since 2005

Repainted . Maybe non matching

But sporto and its orange 

PORSCHE SPORTMATIC 911  1974 on Gumtree http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1147902582?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms

thats the one i was talking to u about 6 months ago......

A $1 car can put the same smile on your dial as a $1 million one. Most rich people I know are not very happy . Worried , not happy in the deeply contented manner. 

Perhaps a bubble required for that category on the chart to cover  some P owners in that boat then.  Eg  One for quadrant 3 (double negative)  .  Eg They may be rich, but not rich emotionally and deep down they can still be tight wads in their thinking.  I.e Spent too much money on their P cars and still not happy in a deeply contented manner with to respect to now whats it worth. 

Edited by smit2100

All the rich people I know are as happy as clams.   They spend their days pursuing their interests without the concern of funding a retirement and are usually nice people, 'cause they've got time to be nice and they don't have to be pleasant to people who are unpleasant.  Like bad coworkers.

If I were able to put time and money into building a Porsche collection it would not make me sad at all!  Time is the killer!