The Benz Appreciation Thread

47 minutes ago, Niko said:

If they are not claimed within the next week, they will go where I believe all Mercs should go..:P.

The op shop or the bin.:ph34r:   

Oooh bit harsh there Mr Niko!! :angry:

I assume these are all in German, or some English too?

54 minutes ago, Niko said:

If they are not claimed within the next week, they will go where I believe all Mercs should go..:P.

Mercs are a safe alternative to Hondas for gentlemen of a certain ..er.. vintage :lol:

As well as young dashers such as meself and Adam.

16 minutes ago, ANF said:

Oooh bit harsh there Mr Niko!! :angry:

I assume these are all in German, or some English too?

All in English, they are like the CHRISTOPHORUS Porsche magazines, they have all different subjects etc in them

not a big Merc fan, but I am someone who believes if it aint German or Japanese...it aint a motor car.

4 minutes ago, Niko said:

All in English, they are like the CHRISTOPHORUS Porsche magazines, they have all different subjects etc in them

not a big Merc fan, but I am someone who believes if it aint German or Japanese...it aint a motor car.

Ok, I will take them please Niko. PM coming.

4 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

A pity -  you'll never enjoy an Iso Grifo or Gordon Keeble!

Just googled them up.. have to admit I'd never heard of them.:wacko:

Impressive looking monsters,B) I have to say, but I will be still happy if I turn my toes up without the experience.

Having made that statement I appreciate people have different tastes and I fully respect that, be a dull world if we didn't.  

Soon we will all be driving the same white electric HONDA JAZZ's if the save the earth people have their way.

3 hours ago, Niko said:

Just googled them up.. have to admit I'd never heard of them.:wacko:

Impressive looking monsters,B) I have to say, but I will be still happy if I turn my toes up without the experience.

Imagine saying to your wife "I'm just taking the Gordon Keeble out for a blat before breakfast"

You will never exceed old school cool!

The Iso is one of the best cars ever. It's carrots like these that keep my nose to the grindstone! Meanwhile, better to burnout than fade away...

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/south-launceston/cars-vans-utes/1981-mercedes-benz/1178282493

"81 Merc.
Long, old and luxurious.
Paint is faded in areas and a little rough elsewhere, but the body is very straight .
Pretty good tyres."

• 3 weeks later...

My new ML has arrived! To replace the crashed into one.

It looks great, not usually a fan of white cars but the ML's look great in white and was my preferred choice - much better looking than my silver one and did not want black (new ML purchasers are a boring lot when it comes to colour choice!!). Added bonus is that is a much better car than the one it replaces :D

I especially love the non black interior :wub:

00f.jpg_l.jpg?progressive

d1f.jpg_l.jpg?progressive

0f7.jpg_l.jpg?progressive

Many thanks to @WOKA again :)

12 minutes ago, 3legs said:

Be careful. I'm sure Adam's on MB payroll. He's almost convinced me to buy one..............................almost:Chuckle2:

What are you talking about, your order has just been confirmed!! My people will be contacting you shortly to talk about "fees"......

Anyone out there have a W164 ML and want some new wheels? I bought these just before some dick crashed into my old ML. never got a chance to install them and now my new one has 19s..... Grrrr.

These are factory 18s in very good condition, I have cleaned them and polished them, any takers?

e81.jpg_l.jpg?progressive

These low mileage cars are such "investments" , lol @ the man maths!

They even cleaned it's botty so it will look good in its next museum. FFS!

http://www.scottgrundfor.com/1978-mercedes-benz-450sel-6-9/

This one owner from new Mercedes-Benz powerhouse 450 SEL 6.9 is an 18,942 original miles example. It still maintains in stunning original condition its silver paint and navy blue leather interior. Speaking to the originality of this example, one can look to the still present and exceptionally well kept original date coded tires which the car currently sits on today.

The car presents throughout in an exceptional condition cosmetically and is perfect from a mechanical standpoint due to a recent and staggering $65,000 worth of work to make it present (even on the bottom!) and function as new. Work included but was not limited to a complete overhaul of the fuel system, brakes, hydraulic suspension and air conditioning system. This exceptional Mercedes luxury machine is completely original from bow to stern and needs nothing.

Price: $95,000

• 5 months later...
3 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

Better than any Lexus or Audi :lol:
I'm sure you could find some black mesh at Supercheap anyway.
The grill is OK IMO. Very Panamericana.

Lexus, yes they are all hideous, but Audi most no worse than new Benzes.... give me something 10 years old though please and I would be happy :D

• 2 weeks later...

Been helping a mate source a MB for a while and we finally located the right car and got it to Syd yesterday. 71 280se 3.5 coupe one of the 3,270 built of which 245 were RHD and only 88 imported to AU. Can’t be too many left and in  the condition of this one.

I had to pick it up from the depot and drive across Town in the middle of the storm yesterday ?.  The car drives like a dream but the 47 yo demister struggled as did the 10yo white wall tyres which are as hard as concrete, it was a bit dicey in some slippery areas but got it delivered safely. Photos don’t do it justice, well the last one does pre delivery.

looking forward to nicer weather in the next few weeks to take it for a stretch and showing it at the all German day later this month.