23 hours ago, sleazius said:

Can you still order a new one of these?  If so how much less or more is this one based on dealer delivered car, having regard to the transfer stamp duty payable ($43,240 in Vic).  Total price would as such be $523,200 if bought in Vic..  @WGA as you have just bought one I would be interested to know if this one is a good buy or is the current owner "dreamin" (to quote Darryl Kerrigan from the Castle).

Throw this spec into the configurator and it is about $480k driveaway in NSW so looks like the seller is trying to break even.

But as you pointed out, add another 9% for stamps and this is starting to look pricey.

You might like to pop into your local dealer... good chance you will find some cancelled orders around but be quick ;)

22 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Can you still order a new one of these?  If so how much less or more is this one based on dealer delivered car, having regard to the transfer stamp duty payable ($43,240 in Vic).  Total price would as such be $523,200 if bought in Vic..  @WGA as you have just bought one I would be interested to know if this one is a good buy or is the current owner "dreamin" (to quote Darryl Kerrigan from the Castle).

Without knowing the specifics of the spec, it looks to be. good 40-50K over list price. I would wait. Prices will come down as buyers choke on the increase SD.

3 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Well the yellow car above is the first to break the $300k drive away barrier.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-porsche-911-gt3-991-auto-my18/OAG-AD-17179650/?Cr=50

Unfortunately not in VIC thanks to our luxury car stamp duty 😏

but agree, $286k EGC with that spec does look good ... if one likes yellow 😶

• 2 weeks later...

Now here is one where I would be happy to put a deposit down.  My ideal spec (perfect really).  But unfortunately not the right time, if looking to build a new house.😩

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-porsche-911-gt3-991-manual-my18/OAG-AD-17598431/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=notification-center&utm_medium=email

2 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Now here is one where I would be happy to put a deposit down.  My ideal spec (perfect really).  But unfortunately not the right time, if looking to build a new house.😩

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-porsche-911-gt3-991-manual-my18/OAG-AD-17598431/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=notification-center&utm_medium=email

See this annoys me (insert old man shouts at moon pic).

If you are a dealer, surely you can list the options on the car in the ad. Why take photos of the bloody things if you're not going to mention what they are?

For those that are interested in the car, what I can see is:

Black Wheels with red stripe - approx $6k

PCCB - $21k

Carbon Interior package - $3.5k

Deviated Stitching, and leather - $6k

White dials - $1k

Sport Chrono - $1k

White dial Sport Chorono - $500

Folding Buckets - $6k

Leather wheel - $1k

Reversing camera - $1.5k

Aluminium look filler cap - $500

LED lights with black surround - $6k

Manual - no cost

Club Sport - no cost

Decals could be factory, could be not including PORSCHE on rear wing.

Car also looks to have PPF on it too. See closeup of drivers side headlight at the panel gap on the left.

Please dealers, list the options. Don't waste my time and yours!

Also painted key! but that could be aftermarket too - approx $600 if not.

Really like that car . Hate the decals and red wheel stripes but can be easily removed .

I am trying to smart about this which is not my usual way I do things as I am really impatient and just usually act without thinking .

My thought is to hang out for a little while . The yellow car was under $300,000 drive away . I would hate to act 6 months too early to see them drop in price .

I also like the Crayon coloured car . What the hell does crayon look like ?

13 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Really like that car . Hate the decals and red wheel stripes but can be easily removed .

I am trying to smart about this which is not my usual way I do things as I am really impatient and just usually act without thinking .

My thought is to hang out for a little while . The yellow car was under $300,000 drive away . I would hate to act 6 months too early to see them drop in price .

Crayon is a very light grey bordering on dirty white.  It looks bland to my eyes in real life.

1 hour ago, sleazius said:

See this annoys me (insert old man shouts at moon pic).

If you are a dealer, surely you can list the options on the car in the ad. Why take photos of the bloody things if you're not going to mention what they are?

For those that are interested in the car, what I can see is:

Black Wheels with red stripe - approx $6k

PCCB - $21k

Carbon Interior package - $3.5k

Deviated Stitching, and leather - $6k

White dials - $1k

Sport Chrono - $1k

White dial Sport Chorono - $500

Folding Buckets - $6k

Leather wheel - $1k

Reversing camera - $1.5k

Aluminium look filler cap - $500

LED lights with black surround - $6k

Manual - no cost

Club Sport - no cost

Decals could be factory, could be not including PORSCHE on rear wing.

Car also looks to have PPF on it too. See closeup of drivers side headlight at the panel gap on the left.

Please dealers, list the options. Don't waste my time and yours!

Also painted key! but that could be aftermarket too - approx $600 if not.

Wow that's quite a loaded car and very good value, its got to be over 420k new drive away. Doesn't look like its at Porsche dealership, wonder if there's a story behind this.

49 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Nothing wrong with waiting, however my call on this is that the 991.2 will stabilise around 320K with + for decent spec, read colour as well. The 992 will be confirmed very soon and given the standard 992S is close to 300K then the GT3 will be 380-430K depending on spec. 

GT3 Values in general 

The 991.1 is the anomaly here other wise we would see a pricing spread like this:-

Give or take 5-10k Plus for good spec low km cars add for CS front lift and sought after colours

997.1   -   190K                  seem to be traded consistently

997.2   -   230K                  Appearing to be tightly held especially CS which could be a leading indicator of stability in value with possible upside (yes I have one however i too had this view before purchasing)

991.1   -   270K                  This is the anomoly with prices ranging from 220 - 270K (the non motorsport engine that has issues will see wild fluctuations in this pricing over the next 5 years) High production numbers with PDK only

991.2   -   320K                  Back to a motorsport engine with gearbox choices - high production numbers also

35 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Very flat looking colour imo doesn't do anything for the look of the car.

41 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

I'd wait. There are a lot of them. The real issue is cars with a decent spec. So many strippers or near strippers. Great for a track rat, not so great for a weekend 'fun' car.

The strippers will all be at $280k soon enough. Then they'll probably sit in that range ($250-300k) for a couple of years. That is assuming of course that the euro regs don't force them to go the mild hybrid route 

9 minutes ago, sleazius said:

I'd wait. There are a lot of them. The real issue is cars with a decent spec. So many strippers or near strippers. Great for a track rat, not so great for a weekend 'fun' car.

The strippers will all be at $280k soon enough. Then they'll probably sit in that range ($250-300k) for a couple of years. That is assuming of course that the euro regs don't force them to go the mild hybrid route 

I’m going to wait a little I think if I can . I am happy with 300 k got the correct spec car then add stamp duty reg etc 

Thanks got advice all 

6 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

I'd suggest one with lightweight buckets seats... the folding ones have no height adjustment for the perfect seating position 😕

For the very tall, the 2 ways (or 4 ways as they're called in the US) are the lowest you can get supposedly.

Porsche needs to take a leaf out of Ferrari's book and start offering the buckets in 3 sizes. At $12k you think they could manage that.

2 hours ago, Stephen Tinker said:

So if you pay the asking price for the red 991 GT3 @ $334,000 and I'm told that the Vic stamp duty has just been increased, how much more do you Victorians have to pay to put it on the road - what's the total bill for buying that car??

Thanks to our nice 😭premier Daniel Andrews its more than doubled to 9% which equates to over 30k duties.

2 hours ago, Stephen Tinker said:

So if you pay the asking price for the red 991 GT3 @ $334,000 and I'm told that the Vic stamp duty has just been increased, how much more do you Victorians have to pay to put it on the road - what's the total bill for buying that car??

It is a tax of $30,100🤬. So $364,100 would be the drive away price.  Ridiculous really.  And by the way that does not even give you an extension of the registration.  This car is due in early 2020 if I recall.