.1 prices have stabilised, but admittedly they are still very slow selling.   .2 prices are a bit all over the shows but the general trend is they are falling in line with the upper car market.

I too want a manual. 2 GT3, but am happy to have bought and still experiencing my .1 GT3 now.

1 hour ago, DJM said:

991.2 GT3 CS freshly run in for under $320k.  Assume you could crunch a 299k deal here given lots of them on market

how long before they start to list in the 2s and then what happens to the mid 200k 991.1s with their 10 (or is that 9 or 😎 year engine warranty 🤔

looks like the days of getting a GT3 allocation to flip for a profit are long gone, I assume these were $400k ish new?   Back to "normal" depreciation with is good

Great for buyers Doug combination of soft economics and the fact that they produced as many of these as the market wanted .....Oh we found another allocation slot 😂😂😂 Like the 991.1.

Average price the 991.2 new with a few options was around $375K drive away with $358K being the cheapest.

31 minutes ago, Scott SS964 said:

Great for buyers Doug combination of soft economics and the fact that they produced as many of these as the market wanted .....Oh we found another allocation slot 😂😂😂 Like the 991.1.

Average price the 991.2 new with a few options was around $375K drive away with $358K being the cheapest.

Wasn't too hard to push them over $400k either.

The black one has approximately $30k in options on it for those that are interested.

5 hours ago, DJM said:

Back to "normal" depreciation with is good

And lets face it, that is how it really should be! 

I think the only 991 they've made which was 'truly' in limited numbers was the R... we've never seen so many GT3 and RS cars, GT2RS etc... I have not bothered to search the stats, but I am confident its quite a good number more than previous generations, which in my opinion is ok that they made enough cars as they had buyers, its an enthusiast car after all... but the US is at the point dealers have inventory gathering dust, yet still asking over MSRP! :lol:

35 minutes ago, Mick said:

What’s people’s opinions on 991.1 RS vs 991.2 GT3 ?? Which is the better one to own. Personally I still love that RS badge for similar money and yes track days will be applied. 

Tough one, but for similar $$ at present, I would buy RS...and just because they made a lot doesn't detract from the fact its an RS. 

38 minutes ago, Mick said:

What’s people’s opinions on 991.1 RS vs 991.2 GT3 ?? Which is the better one to own. Personally I still love that RS badge for similar money and yes track days will be applied. 

I daily my GT3 and I think that is the best compromise.  Just track an RS though.

16 hours ago, Mick said:

Personally i'd have a 991.2 GT3 over a .1 RS for similar money.  3 or 4 years newer, less shouty which suits me (I'm not a fan of those front guard gills) and in my hands, I reckon I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference or go any faster round a track despite the myriad of detail changes on an RS.  Still torn between faster PDK vs more engaging manual. Hate to admit it but probably have to go PDK, it's incredible on track (see Matt Close in Targa.....wow).

For me the .2 GT3 Clubsport is the right balance of track focused look without feeling like a complete tool going to get the milk on a Saturday morning in your lava orange RS 😁.

Meanwhile, the real question is which one to hire - doing another Spa, Nurburgring junket April/May next year

991.1 "RSR" 

https://www.rsrspa.com/car-rentals/porsche-gt3-991-rsr-edition

Or 991.2

https://www.rsrspa.com/car-rentals/porsche-gt3-9912

17 hours ago, Mick said:

Having owned and driven them all, I would definitely go for the .2 GT3. A well driven GT3 will keep up with a .1 RS on track no problem and will be a bit easier to drive on the road.

1 hour ago, DJM said:

For me the .2 GT3 Clubsport is the right balance of track focused look without feeling like a complete tool going to get the milk on a Saturday morning in your lava orange RS 😁.

Doug you crack me up..... horses for courses though, an RS is the ultimate racers expression of the Race Car for the road!!!! and yes its loud and bold and it certainly takes a personality that doesn't care about judgements to drive one. BTW If your going to rent/thrash drive one of those hire cars around the ring then I'm sure you can handle driving it to the local shops 😂😂.

I buy the GT3 or GT3RS as an experience car - ie when you drive it I want that total involvement with the car I want engineering excellence, noise, road feel, exhilaration, something that may bite, the RS and a bright colour just amplifies this experience so who gives a rats what other people think, indulge and enjoy it I say!!!!!

I too like the idea of a stealth GT3 with the CS buckets which is the touring for those daily runs and winery tours with the wife however to me the GT3 is the Club Sport Pack the wing anything less just doesn't do it for me... 

So     --   Daily and winery tours 991.1 S man (or 992) with suspension and exhaust mods

-   Car for the racers experience - GT3CS (man for me).

-    Next level experience  ----  GT3RS (remembering experience does not always mean a massive performance increase)

Unfortunately you can't have it all in one car 

3 minutes ago, hugh said:

Or buy a 996 or 997 while they are still cheap. :D

I own a 996.2 CS gt3 and absolutely love it but I want something new school fast for the track I’ve done plenty of circuit racing in quite a few different categories and the RS is just something that draws me in. Don’t particularly care what people think about the loud out there look of the RS if you can catch me then you can call me a wanker 😂😂 but this is a car for me not everyone else so 👌

10 minutes ago, Mick said:

I own a 996.2 CS gt3 and absolutely love it but I want something new school fast for the track I’ve done plenty of circuit racing in quite a few different categories and the RS is just something that draws me in. Don’t particularly care what people think about the loud out there look of the RS if you can catch me then you can call me a wanker 😂😂 but this is a car for me not everyone else so 👌

I posted earlier in this thread with the same questions due to recently having the same thoughts. The purple gets me every time. 

2 hours ago, WGA said:

Having owned and driven them all, I would definitely go for the .2 GT3. A well driven GT3 will keep up with a .1 RS on track no problem and will be a bit easier to drive on the road.

There speaks the man that knows 🙂 

32 minutes ago, sleazius said:

I'm planning on picking up a Cadbury RS despite my engine reservations when the arse falls out of them.

The next buy is a 981 boxster though. I'm getting thin on top so it seems like the right move :)

Yes, I am watching that market closely too! I like your thinking... and I have been really impressed with the 986 Boxster, I really think we could see a 981 PDK base car in our future. 

Same, I'd love a Violet Crumble one.  

Issue I have is punting two cars for 1, probably makes sense from a running cost aspect but our little one loves going in the back of the TT that doesn't have the scaffolding.  It'd also be a step back in straight line pace an HP.  Big wings,  aero goodness and crazy paint schemes = win though!

34 minutes ago, vin said:

Do agree there is a lot of win in ultra violet 🤤

DF9C290C-FD85-423C-AB13-D8BC884C57C5.jpeg

I always thought it was the best colour, especially with silver wheels and PCCB.  But UV is so rare, LO was just popular for new car buyers, I guess this was because it was the launch colour from memory. 

Black also is up there for me too.

1 minute ago, Jason A said:

My pick would be bright green, yes I am weird.

If you are going to be a tosser, may as well do it properly.

Needs a cool number plate on that green car. 

SNOT

We are talking about .1s here.  But if you want to talk about. 2s, then the green is right up there.