997 GT3 Market Watch

Hey guys, sorry to say, it wasn't me that bought that lovely example 997.2, at $300k+ it was a bit out of my comfort zone.

Search continues for me...

997 gen 1 or 2, pref. touring spec, pref lots of the tasty options, consider any colour but black and silver really, I like bright colours for my sports cars, white included.

Anyone want to sell or know of someone, pls let me know, money's all ready. Cheers all.

2 hours ago, mbedford said:

Hey guys, sorry to say, it wasn't me that bought that lovely example 997.2, at $300k+ it was a bit out of my comfort zone.

Search continues for me...

997 gen 1 or 2, pref. touring spec, pref lots of the tasty options, consider any colour but black and silver really, I like bright colours for my sports cars, white included.

Anyone want to sell or know of someone, pls let me know, money's all ready. Cheers all.

And I’ll take a look at the black or silver if anyone is looking to sell! We’ve covered all bases @mbedford

7 minutes ago, symsy said:

Has there been a great shift with Covid Tax ..  997.1 hasnt budged much since my own sale in Jan this year ?

Hard to know what that is . I paid what someone wanted to get the car I wanted and just about to spend another $10k to get it right . 
My car will cost $260 K easy but it will be perfect. 

On 04/07/2021 at 20:05, symsy said:

Has there been a great shift with Covid Tax ..  997.1 hasnt budged much since my own sale in Jan this year ?

I don’t think one has come up for sale since covid, at least publicly. They were 400ish 3-4 years ago but then some traded much closer to 300 when the market softened. I’d say still around the 4 to mid 4. At the end of the day it’s an 11 year old car and not yet true classics age. The pool of those who are prepared to pay that sum for a not yet classic, but aged GT car is limited. 

7 hours ago, symsy said:

What price do we think would be on a Gen 2 RS fellas ?  

Not too sure if was a 1 or 2  and he still has it, but I recall  @skidmarks parking one up a few years ago at Flinders Lions club meet around easter a few years back in the best colour grey ( dark grey/ orange is the ducks nuts for me and would take the win as one of the best looking P cars )  .  Obviously best  P car there on the day  as I saw it along with the best engine note of the day.  I think he just landed it as well at the time (had it for a few weeks)  That said, it was an RS day for him as he had it parked up against a orange 991 with RS stickers if I recall correctly.  The engine note  surprised me,.  It was was super loud when he went up the main drag  but obviously road worthy.  May be worth seeking his counsel.  

10 hours ago, smit2100 said:

Not too sure if was a 1 or 2  and he still has it, but I recall  @skidmarks parking one up a few years ago at Flinders Lions club meet around easter a few years back in the best colour grey ( dark grey/ orange is the ducks nuts for me and would take the win as one of the best looking P cars )  .  Obviously best  P car there on the day  as I saw it along with the best engine note of the day.  I think he just landed it as well at the time (had it for a few weeks)  That said, it was an RS day for him as he had it parked up against a orange 991 with RS stickers if I recall correctly.  The engine note  surprised me,.  It was was super loud when he went up the main drag  but obviously road worthy.  May be worth seeking his counsel.  

Yes I think he snapped that car for a friend when i was looking .. was a great car and buy if I recall

1 hour ago, symsy said:

Yes I think he snapped that car for a friend when i was looking .. was a great car and buy if I recall

Pretty sure he had it at Cars & Cabernet at WInton in January, but may have fallen in the funding quest for his new toy.........

3 hours ago, pointy said:

Was it anyone on here that ended up picking up the black Dutton's car? 

Its still around .. is it a real CS ??  Whats the general consensus on a 95k kms car .. i know the motors are solid as .. but views..?   I guess also in this market with little stock , are there any questions that support negotiations buy a buyer? 😀

On 01/07/2021 at 19:32, DJM said:

Minty, what was the driver to go back to 997.1 from 991.2?

lush , looks good in red congrats , that small cabin sure does offer that special up close hug we need over a 991 yes 😜

48 minutes ago, symsy said:

Its still around .. is it a real CS ??  Whats the general consensus on a 95k kms car .. i know the motors are solid as .. but views..?   I guess also in this market with little stock , are there any questions that support negotiations buy a buyer? 😀

lush , looks good in red congrats , that small cabin sure does offer that special up close hug we need over a 991 yes 😜

I believe yes it’s a real CS . 95,000 km for a car of that age is low in reality most people are not going to use it as a daily so will remain low .

Might need a few bucks spent on it but my 28000 km does as well .

6 hours ago, symsy said:

Some guy posted a dyno graph of his 280,000km black 997.1 CS on book face a couple of weeks ago and it was still pumping out +/- factory performance (video on the car below). I’d not have a moments hesitation in buying that 997.1 CS and driving the absolute shit out of it if I wasn’t such a 996 fiend. Not a good flip car but a licence to drive many happy mezger kms, carefree. 

3 hours ago, wilson59 said:

I believe yes it’s a real CS . 95,000 km for a car of that age is low in reality most people are not going to use it as a daily so will remain low .

Might need a few bucks spent on it but my 28000 km does as well .

Curious, what needs doing on that low km example you picked up.  Mainly aged rubber bits or a bit more to it?

8 hours ago, smit2100 said:

Curious, what needs doing on that low km example you picked up.  Mainly aged rubber bits or a bit more to it?

The rubbers are all perfect so need for replacement there .

I need to replace the brake rotors they have heat cracks in them so pads and sensors as well and car is due for service the tyres also need to be replaced. 

The non essential is half wrapped and ceramic coat . 
Most of this could possibly be left for a little while but for me I would rather get ii all done before so start using it 

15 hours ago, wilson59 said:

The rubbers are all perfect so need for replacement there .

I need to replace the brake rotors they have heat cracks in them so pads and sensors as well and car is due for service the tyres also need to be replaced. 

The non essential is half wrapped and ceramic coat . 
Most of this could possibly be left for a little while but for me I would rather get ii all done before so start using it 

Pretty much exactly what I’ve had to do to my 6 with the same Kms.