997 GT3 Market Watch

On 12/08/2021 at 21:23, wilson59 said:

Seems right according to the market. Now on hold 

Long story short but after initially having my offer rejected the seller came around and the car will shortly be on its way to Melbourne. 

A big thanks to one of the previous owners and forum member Stuart for providing me with some good honest feedback about the car!

6 minutes ago, tomk86 said:

Long story short but after initially having my offer rejected the seller came around and the car will shortly be on its way to Melbourne. 

A big thanks to one of the previous owners and forum member Stuart for providing me with some good honest feedback about the car!

Congrats well done . Looks like a nice one for sure 

Well done @tomk86

2 hours ago, edgy said:

It is... 

I recently discussed it with them for my RS, since the new house we moved into has a painful transition on the driveway (what happens when you don't build it yourself) it just seemed like a lot of $$$ for what is an access issue unique to my home, so I just picked up some Race Ramps... I don't mind scraping it elsewhere! But home will tear it clean off :lol: in due course, I will pay for new concrete transition, but I am not tearing up fresh driveway, YET! 

Also lift kit = weight... 🙄

Badge of honour, for sure! Look and smile as you plough that asphalt :D

My only hesitation about bashing the lip is if they stop making the factory piece and then being stuck with a raggy looking front lip. As a result I pulled off the factory item and fitted a cup one which is also no longer made but replicas are available. Disposable and certainly not worth spending 7 grand to save a few hundred in plastic. I can appreciate, however, that there are circumstances such as your own @edgy where you simply can’t get your car in! Race ramps FTW!

1 hour ago, spiller said:

Well done @tomk86

My only hesitation about bashing the lip is if they stop making the factory piece and then being stuck with a raggy looking front lip. As a result I pulled off the factory item and fitted a cup one which is also no longer made but replicas are available. Disposable and certainly not worth spending 7 grand to save a few hundred in plastic. I can appreciate, however, that there are circumstances such as your own @edgy where you simply can’t get your car in! Race ramps FTW!

I have a brand new one on the shelf for the day I need to sell the car or the others are completely done .Shedpest was kind enough to give me a trimmed down version which is slightly better 

I have the ramp action as well to get the car out the driveway will keep the km low as it’s a pain .

6 hours ago, Shedpest said:

Isn't it just part of the ownership experience hearing the sound of plastic scaping.

I usually draw a crowd of mangey kids on bmx’s and old ladies on walking frames, every time I start the GT3 gymnastics, trying to get out of my drive at a perfect 65 degree angle, lifting the front left up high enough for the kids to point at it!

On 16/08/2021 at 13:03, Shedpest said:

They have really put the effort in with the description,  my guess is it's just a re-badged Cargraphics kit.

Isn't it just part of the ownership experience hearing the sound of plastic scaping.

I had the PR Technology kit fitted to my 996.2 GT3 earlier this year......it is not Cargraphics kit, it was developed locally I was told. Fully integrated into the dash, they fit a Porsche switch into one of the blanks.

The front spoilers for the 996.2 GT3 are nearly $900 delivered by Pelican Parts, over $1,000 locally.......sadly they are not as cheap as the 997,1 spoilers.

My car would scrape leaving and returning home......so much less stress now and with the way GT3 prices are climbing now I knew I would get the investment back and some later on! 😀

On 16/08/2021 at 16:42, spiller said:

Well done @tomk86

Yeah, I have brand new spoiler in a box for that reason.....I am worried they will stop making them at some point!

5 hours ago, SFZOOM said:

I had the PR Technology kit fitted to my 996.2 GT3 earlier this year......it is not Cargraphics kit, it was developed locally I was told. Fully integrated into the dash, they fit a Porsche switch into one of the blanks.

Would you be so kind to take some measurements? 

I spoke to Richard & Lewis recently about it, but they could not tell me exactly what clearance I’d gain at the splitter… that’s the number that would help immensely, but without it, hard to commit the $$$ without knowing if it would do the job. 

12 hours ago, edgy said:

I spoke to Richard & Lewis recently about it, but they could not tell me exactly what clearance I’d gain at the splitter… that’s the number that would help immensely, but without it, hard to commit the $$$ without knowing if it would do the job. 

Surely concrete is the cheapest option .. there must be a host of varied ethnic purveyors of fine hand finished solutions available to you within 5kms of your area ?  or have they moved on to the astro turf?  A can of plastidip and a stanley blade fixes splitters ..  these first world problems get complicated dont they..  I wanna see a time lapse video of the car extraction routine from the garage and a celebration rev when its nearly warmed up .

On 21/08/2021 at 09:03, symsy said:

Surely concrete is the cheapest option .. there must be a host of varied ethnic purveyors of fine hand finished solutions available to you within 5kms of your area ?  or have they moved on to the astro turf?  A can of plastidip and a stanley blade fixes splitters ..  these first world problems get complicated dont they..  I wanna see a time lapse video of the car extraction routine from the garage and a celebration rev when its nearly warmed up .

I went through that debate with myself.....do I modify my driveway or put the lift kit in.....there ended up not being a material cost difference between the two. The benefit of the lift kit is you then have the ability to navigate every difficult driveway you confront.   

44 minutes ago, SFZOOM said:

I went through that debate with myself.....do I modify my driveway or put the lift kit in.....their ended up not being a material cost difference between the two. The benefit of the lift kit is you then have the ability to navigate every difficult driveway you confront.   

The other side of that is a modification to the driveway to a house in Sydney will add a further 10-15 times the investment (of the whole house, not just the driveway mod 😁 ) And with that, you could afford to buy a new car each time you damaged the splitter.

On 20/08/2021 at 20:02, edgy said:

No problem....on my stock 996.2 GT3 measuring from my front spoiler/splitter (before raising) the ground clearance is approximately 120mm....post lift the ground clearance is approximately 155mm , so I gained around 35mm. Doesn't sound like much but makes a world of difference in the real world.

18 minutes ago, SFZOOM said:

No problem....on my stock 996.2 GT3 measuring from my front spoiler/splitter (before raising) the ground clearance is approximately 120mm....post lift the ground clearance is approximately 155mm , so I gained around 35mm. Doesn't sound like much but makes a world of difference in the real world.

Thank you! 

Mine is 120mm at the splitter also, and the splitter is 35mm… from memory it mashed the splitter good & proper, so in theory without it the splitter should be fine.. I’ll run some checks when I get a chance and measure with the race ramps! 

Current situation…. 

D8D03023-75D9-40D1-90BB-D468F64D6760.thumb.jpeg.5a1719bd0df4a5caede444f6b1b2cf87.jpeg

thanks again mate! 

23 minutes ago, edgy said:

Thank you! 

Mine is 120mm at the splitter also, and the splitter is 35mm… from memory it mashed the splitter good & proper, so in theory without it the splitter should be fine.. I’ll run some checks when I get a chance and measure with the race ramps! 

Current situation…. 

D8D03023-75D9-40D1-90BB-D468F64D6760.thumb.jpeg.5a1719bd0df4a5caede444f6b1b2cf87.jpeg

thanks again mate! 

No problem.......happy to help out.

Nice solution.... which model Race Ramps are those?