997 GT3 Market Watch

30 minutes ago, luzzo said:

New 997.1GT3 listing at Duttons 

Higher than most on kms, but its a Clubsport AND it has the Stupid Clock..! 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2008-porsche-911-gt3-997-manual-my08/OAG-AD-19888003

Does look good Luzzo . $240K is what they told me over the phone must have reflected on price .

1 hour ago, luzzo said:

New 997.1GT3 listing at Duttons 

Higher than most on kms, but its a Clubsport AND it has the Stupid Clock..! 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2008-porsche-911-gt3-997-manual-my08/OAG-AD-19888003

Good to see it being driven!!!  With those Kms and age it's even slightly ahead of my 996.1 GT3

2 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Does look good Luzzo . $240K is what they told me over the phone must have reflected on price .

The other 997GT3's are all between the $230-240 mark (excluding the initially overpriced 10,000km black car), which are all Comfort spec (Touring if you like 😜).

It seems the offset for the higher kms =/~ the premium for a Clubsport.  If history on the 95,000km car is excellent, I think I would choose the CS. 

@luzzo I agree, and provided you were careful with the milage in the long term you’d still do better with this car than the fresher non CS examples, if you care about that sort of thing. This one is a driver though and should be used as such. By a number of accounts from owners who have put big Kms on their 996/7 GT cars these just don’t wear out so it’s a shame many just sit in garages drying out. 

41 minutes ago, luzzo said:

The other 997GT3's are all between the $230-240 mark (excluding the initially overpriced 10,000km black car), which are all Comfort spec (Touring if you like 😜).

It seems the offset for the higher kms =/~ the premium for a Clubsport.  If history on the 95,000km car is excellent, I think I would choose the CS. 

I get that . Let’s keep in mind the other cars have been on the market for some time they are not selling . 
I have time on my side here so am happy to be patient 

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

I get that . Let’s keep in mind the other cars have been on the market for some time they are not selling . 
I have time on my side here so am happy to be patient 

Too true @wilson59,

Two of those GT3's for sale have been for sale for quite some time: the Autohaus identity crisis & the Richmonds Martini mess.  In fact the Autohaus car has been reduced $10k.  Shows although prices have gone crazy, still seems people don't want to pay that $$ range for a 997GT3 Comfort. 

18 hours ago, luzzo said:

Thats all advertised pricing right, not sale price. So reading between the lines I'm thinking this one is worth around the $220-$230 mark (if it passes PPI with flying colors) due to the slightly lower km's and large amount of factory options (one being the very exy Carrera GT seats)?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2007-porsche-911-gt3-997-manual-my07/OAG-AD-19681666

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/06/2021 at 10:29, mbedford said:

Hey guys, if the PPI shows nothing serious, what do you think it's really worth? https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2007-porsche-911-gt3-997-manual-my07/OAG-AD-19681666

Autohaus seem pretty firm at $230k.

I think its important to share buying experiences with the broader community, and some of you have been following me on this one on this thread.

OK short story. After test driving, independent PPI (almost flawless results), insurance ready, money ready, the car came back to Autohaus from the PPI, and I was told Anthony (the sales person) sold it to someone THE DAY BEFORE. Totally let down by Anthony from Autohaus.

oh and I wasted $800 on a independent 3rd party PPI.

1 hour ago, mbedford said:

Totally let down by Anthony from Autohaus.

I can understand this would be disappointing for you as a buyer.  Whilst it's out for a PPI you would expect they would hold it. But as a dealer, I would have wanted a deposit and deal done, subject to the PPI. 

But to be blunt, the first man with the money on the table wins.

14 minutes ago, luzzo said:

I can understand this would be disappointing for you as a buyer.  Whilst it's out for a PPI you would expect they would hold it. But as a dealer, I would have wanted a deposit and deal done, subject to the PPI. 

But to be blunt, the first man with the money on the table wins.

That's pretty ordinary... If someone is spending money on a PPI and the car is actually out on the PPI then it should be held. I'd be asking Autohaus for $800

I did ask for an apology and to pay the $800 for the PPI, attached the invoice too, and in a nice way. 

No comment on it from them.

On a side note, PPi was done by PR Technology and were very good, would recommend them.

4 hours ago, mbedford said:

I did ask for an apology and to pay the $800 for the PPI, attached the invoice too, and in a nice way. 

No comment on it from them.

On a side note, PPi was done by PR Technology and were very good, would recommend them.

You had been kicking the tyres for some time on this one . Why so long to get the deal done ? I had assumed you bought it when I saw it gone from the market 

I will add my 2 cents of similar experience. 

I payed 5K deposit for a 2005  997 CS to PCB. They took more than 2 weeks to get bank documents ready.  In mean time while waiting, I found much better example with less than 50% of  kilometres privately.   I  mentioned it to them I am pulling off the deal. Happy to let go deposit (reluctantly).   They sold the car within 24 hours.  I emailed them  the following day as you could sale the car within 24 hours, would you consider some amount of my deposit.  NO response whats so ever.  

Hopefully, I will make my losses with the driving experience I get from new purchase. lol. 

My impression with dealing with many dealers/ sales people is that, they are ruthless, if they dont get any benefit from you they give zero respect. 

Key I learnt with P cars is, if you like the car. just go for it, there are many enthusiasts around. lol

11 hours ago, mbedford said:

I think its important to share buying experiences with the broader community, and some of you have been following me on this one on this thread.

OK short story. After test driving, independent PPI (almost flawless results), insurance ready, money ready, the car came back to Autohaus from the PPI, and I was told Anthony (the sales person) sold it to someone THE DAY BEFORE. Totally let down by Anthony from Autohaus.

oh and I wasted $800 on a independent 3rd party PPI.

Seems odd. I did a deal with them a few months ago and after a 5 min phone call, they agreed to hold the car for me over a weekend while I organised a deposit, subject to due diligence. 

mis communication maybe? 

Frustrating when you miss out on a good one, but if you didn’t put a deposit down (with the condition that it’s fully refundable in the event of a failed PPI), then I can’t see any fault on the dealer here. Yes, any car can fail a PPI but they very likely knew the condition of the car well. People often go missing at the drop of the hat when it comes time to close a deal, and with no financial commitment from you as the potential buyer, you can’t really expect them to hold a car on the basis that you are having it inspected. 

Just my opinion.

I don’t understand miscommunication… the car was off on a PPI so surely they knew his intentions!

I don’t see how the dealer didn’t take him seriously when they let the car go to another workshop at the buyer’s expense, and I don’t see a buyer tyre kicking when it costs $800 

On 14/05/2021 at 22:05, mbedford said:

So it shows new discs from and rear needed?

If that's the case, Rough idea how much?

Really apart from that, the cars just got minor things here and there wrong with it.

No offence but you’ve been kicking tyres on that car since mid May. No wonder they took an offer from someone else. 

With that said, am sure you’ll find another in a short period. Values are strong on these cars right now so quite a few coming out of the woodwork.