997 GT3 Market Watch

9 minutes ago, mbedford said:

Yeah that’s the one... it’s only priced $60-70k higher than where it should be. 😂

13 hours ago, edgy said:

Yeah that’s the one... it’s only priced $60-70k higher than where it should be. 😂

When it was last advertised it was privately listed first in its original plain white at $270k iirc. Then it was stickered up and relisted privately. 

Obviously Richmond's having a crack now. 

On 01/01/2021 at 16:16, luzzo said:

New Black Clubsport listed.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2008-porsche-911-gt3-997-manual-my08/SSE-AD-6980486/?Cr=0

51,000 kms & $239,911

Looks like an ex SA Richmonds car

Can confirm the above was sold, and is currently en-route to Sydney. More specifically, to my garage.

6 hours ago, 9eleven said:

Can confirm the above was sold, and is currently en-route to Sydney. More specifically, to my garage.

Well done. Previous owner won best car in show with his guards red 993TT at the PCSA show n shine a couple of weeks ago. Knows how to take care of a car it seems!

19 hours ago, edgy said:

The 996 GT3 RS that I had been chasing... :D 

Nice one mate, what a very special car!

How was it to go backwards a gen after the 997? Miss anything? I guess a higher quality interior is the main one.

5 hours ago, mbedford said:

Nice one mate, what a very special car!

How was it to go backwards a gen after the 997? Miss anything? I guess a higher quality interior is the main one.

So, I have had a 996 GT3 in the past, its a familiar vibe... it is interesting when people note the interiors as lots say the 997 is better quality, but I think that is not a fair general statement to make, as my 997 was pretty low rent in terms of options, where as my first 996 GT3 had full leather, carbon package etc... I would argue it had the more special feel in the cabin! It was the 997.2 that really amped it up and those are definitely nicer in standard guise... @us72t old car had nice options (full leather, PCM) that elevated that 7.1 cabin IMO. 

The RS, well its an RS so bare bones...but by far the best drivers car I have ever driven, and the steering is like nothing else! Having said that, its unforgiving and not a great car for long trips :lol: Once life calms down in June I will head back to the track and really drive it :D 

I know you want an all rounder and potentially to add the extra 2 seats, for those purposes the 997 GT3's are still the best all rounder IMO! Keep the faith, you will find your ideal car in white soon enough. ;) 

Folks - new to forum and considering a GT3. I currently have a car in the US that I can bring back as a private import but I’m undecided if I should. I’ve never driven a GT car, and while I’m positive it’s better than my carrera, I’m not convinced it’s worth the $ delta, but I’m willing to find out!

My US car:

5615664C-CE7E-4595-9431-375012755B8A.jpeg

6 hours ago, Aclmin said:

while I’m positive it’s better than my carrera, I’m not convinced it’s worth the $ delta, but I’m willing to find out!

It is........

8 hours ago, Aclmin said:

Folks - new to forum and considering a GT3. I currently have a car in the US that I can bring back as a private import but I’m undecided if I should. I’ve never driven a GT car, and while I’m positive it’s better than my carrera, I’m not convinced it’s worth the $ delta, but I’m willing to find out!

My US car:

5615664C-CE7E-4595-9431-375012755B8A.jpeg

You can Private Import cars to Aus, but I am not sure about LHD if they are under 30 years old (depending on the state)? 

7 hours ago, DJM said:

It is........

My car has full 997.2 GT3 suspension, brakes, uprights etc, plus RSS goodies, DSC and cup 2s (ie it’s objectively already better than a stock GT3 in the handling and feel department), so the difference is engine and gearbox - which is hear is mostly what you’re paying for anyway, but all those mods, plus the color make the decision/justification  harder!

4 hours ago, MFX said:

You can Private Import cars to Aus, but I am not sure about LHD if they are under 30 years old (depending on the state)? 

WA is 15 years so I sneak in with a 2006.

@Aclmin your Carrera looks close to Voodoo Blue, which is my personal favourite colour for the GT3 https://www.google.com/search?q=gt3+voodoo+blue&sxsrf=ALeKk01MjoQCvLG1E2p2dnJ8fU5pmCsmBA:1616105167820&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiS98nz7LrvAhVUT30KHc8QCxIQ_AUoAXoECBIQAw&biw=1920&bih=937

@edgy I am still keeping the faith, although I wont be able to buy until 2nd half of this year now. I just did my 1st Trackday in my 997 Carrera S, still a good car to drive, just not the magic of a GT3 :)

Hey all, this car just popped up again. It was for a sale a while ago I seem to remember?

For sale by Autohaus Hamilton in Chatswood.

997.1 GT3 Touring

43,894 km

Built Dec 2006 Compliance Jan 2007

VIN: WP0ZZZ99Z7S790668

factory serviced every year of its life and comes with a Porsche Certificate of Authenticity

Options fitted:

C23 Version: Australia

025 Black coloured instrument dials & stopwatch

267 Automatically dimmable mirrors

268 Rain sensor

288 Headlamp washer

384 Carrera GT bucket seat, left

385 Carrera GT bucket seat, right

482 TPM Tyre Pressure Monitoring 433MHz

490 Sound system A.S.K.

601 Xenon headlamps

613 Navigation DVD Australia

640 Sport Chrono Plus

650 Sun-moon-roof

665 PCM 2 Porsche Communication Management incl. CD-radio

670 Navigation module for PCM

Accessories fitted:

Bluetooth

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2007-porsche-911-gt3-997-manual-my07/OAG-AD-19681666/?Cr=0

https://autohaushamilton.com.au/porsche-sales/porsches-for-sale

Edit: I just noticed that it has the super nice fixed carbon bucket seats, however, call me crazy, but I need to be able to get into the back (rear seats are planned to be fitted) so I will need to swap these to seats that can tilt forwards. These carbon fixed buckets are very exy arnt they? Im thinking I might be able to swap them for normal sports seats and maybe even have some change left over, as the sports seats are quite a bit cheaper?

image.thumb.png.3c3911dd7377780ccf7e58f463039907.png