996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

2 hours ago, MARTY said:

And still room for some more porsche decals.For a minute I thought you had pulled the pin @LeeM or maybe you have?😁

I was waiting for that 😁

It's the sorta thing I probably would be interested in, but no I haven't 

49 minutes ago, tomo said:

It was declared a repairable write off years ago but had been cleared and driven ever since.

is this a new  trick 🤔

I'd definitely want some documentation to support that claim. 

43 minutes ago, NAC911 said:

Good looking car.  Even though the front bar is from a C4S, it works and gives this C2 a very tough look, yet still appears factory - although am undecided about the Led's in the air intakes. New exhaust, lowered, cool package.  Would make a great daily. 

7 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Good looking car.  Even though the front bar is from a C4S, it works and gives this C2 a very tough look, yet still appears factory - although am undecided about the Led's in the air intakes. New exhaust, lowered, cool package.  Would make a great daily. 

Not so keen on the C4S front, but I do like the rear spoiler

Wing looks alright! Wonder what exhaust he went with. I’ve got a quote on a Kline system from Fitzgerald racing. Won’t see change out of 7k for cats/x-pipe/muffler. Bit torn on that spend, upgrade suspension and do gundo hack or get the Kline. 

Not sure if either option would flow onto future resale $$. 

21 minutes ago, Shedpest said:

@LeeM, didn't you turn down a Sluggermatic/ Repairable write-off with minimal k's for mid 20's a few years back?

Ya had to remind me about that one didn't ya?  First tip I'd driven for someone here.

It was a very clean black on black car with full, regular service history.

Missed it by a day or so after procrastinating for a month or two. Sold for $28k, still kicking meself 

5 hours ago, LeeM said:

I was waiting for that 😁

It's the sorta thing I probably would be interested in, but no I haven't 

I'd definitely want some documentation to support that claim. 

In NSW at least - the repairable write off status disappears after 15 years...

9 hours ago, NAC911 said:

Been about for awhile, was posted on here some months ago, I think they were having a a crack at 40 Jahre replica,  Nice car.

Did anyone else notice that manual 996 C2 coupe has suddenly become very rare? I remember when I was looking in 2019 there are at least several cars for sale from 996.1 to 996.2. Nowadays you cannot find any?! 🤔 On the other hand there are few C4S and even Turbos still for sale in CS. 

1 minute ago, rufmichan said:

Did anyone else notice that manual 996 C2 coupe has suddenly become very rare? I remember when I was looking in 2019 there are at least several cars for sale from 996.1 to 996.2. Nowadays you cannot find any?! 🤔 On the other hand there are few C4S and even Turbos still for sale in CS. 

Yep and even good manual cabs appear thin on the ground. Having just finished a full resto it’s probably now time to move mine on, I’ll be realistic knowing cabs don’t fetch as high a premium but no point giving it away

Just posted my 996 and reupped my FM status for the whingers 😜 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1998-porsche-911-carrera-996-manual/SSE-AD-12582232/?Cr=2

4 hours ago, rufmichan said:

So now there are 2 manual 996s on the market, but only one C2. 

It is a great car but I never drive it anymore as I bought it as a daily, but my wife now works from home. When I have the choice I just go for the Macan for the day to day or Harry's for the fun stuff.