996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

21 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Some silver GT3 rims, lower it and ya done 👍

I couldn't do the shampoo bottle colour though

Just hope the interior is black (it looks to be, but no real piccies of the interior), would be urggh if it is that dark green.....

1 hour ago, JLD said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-porsche-911-carrera-4s-996-manual-awd-my03/OAG-AD-18739784/?Cr=17

This looks good, but what isn't mentioned is that it was a personal import in 06/2011

Great colour combo, seal grey with Terracotta interior, just like our 987 was!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been reading back through this thread trying to get my head around whether 996 manual coupes have bottomed out, have some room to go (doubt) or are on the rise.  This link was interesting but still 2 years old and out of the US https://www.996revolution.com/investment.html

I came across @Taffy's summary from May 2018 and it looks like cars have fallen about 10% in two years, although I'm thinking manual coupes have neared their bottom now and have risen slightly over the last six months.

I'm in the market for a black on black manual coupe for any interested sellers, prefer good service history with reasonable k's.  I like the idea of what the series 2 offers and thinking C2 over the C4 although not sure if there's really any difference, can toss that up based on what's available.  Let me know if you know of anything being prepared.

A wild stab at it...

0.1 Cab tip has to be the bottom (i have one so no offence to anyone) (35K+)

0.2 Cab tip (40K+)

0.1 coupe tip (40-45K +)

0.1 Cab manual (40-45K+)

0.2 Targa Tip (55K+ but not seen many)

0.2 Cab manual (55-65K+)

0.2 Coupe tip (50K+)

0.2 Targa manual (Not really seen many...)

0.1 coupe manual (60K+)

0.2 coupe manual (65-70K+)

On 10/06/2020 at 14:37, Rod C said:

Would think a good manual .1 is somewhere around the 45-50k region and a .2 manual around 55-60k . As always when the top comes down so does the price.

Your inbox must be full Rod, I wanted to send you a message mate

Yet a coupe tip sold here in SA within the last 6 months for just over $30k (I forget which year but the owner needed to sell asap and got lowballed), so thats kinda blown the value thing out of the window. It's the never ending question, "What is it worth?" And the same answer usually pops up...Whatever someone is prepared to pay! 

Some sellers have to sell and will take a lowballers offer, and some don't have to sell and stick to their guns and get close to what they want. My opinion is go in hard with a lowball offer on a car you're keen on and see how ya go. You never know, you could jag a bargain, yet also be prepared for being called naughty names 😁

6 minutes ago, JLD said:

I noticed the front bumper is different to other 2004 models and there is no headlight washers. Also no mention of history. Very good price for a low Km car.

23 minutes ago, JLD said:

Right up my alley, shame it’s gone.

Definitely a good price at those k’s

On 09/06/2020 at 20:30, TwoHeadsTas said:

Well that's happened in the last hour or two then....

Also think it was 3.6L too?  Very much molested me thinks.....

Sounds great , in a good way 

42 minutes ago, Nugget said:

I noticed the front bumper is different to other 2004 models and there is no headlight washers. Also no mention of history. Very good price for a low Km car.

No headlight washer just means they are halogen lights rather than bi-xenon which must by law have a headlight washer. 

Evening Guys

Yes Im the one who who jumped the MKII 04 996 had to fight for her a little going up in price but after an inspection

quite happy Very Clean only the Sunroof button was loose :)all good Aus Delivery 2 owner car both owners in their 

twilight years full history option codes sticker in place and she is on a truck back to Melbourne now seeing we are not

welcome over the border, would have been a nice drive. Yes the lights are halogen. And no the ims bearing has not been done.

2 minutes ago, Ben901 said:

Evening Guys

Yes Im the one who who jumped the MKII 04 996 had to fight for her a little going up in price but after an inspection

quite happy Very Clean only the Sunroof button was loose :)all good Aus Delivery 2 owner car both owners in their 

twilight years full history option codes sticker in place and she is on a truck back to Melbourne now seeing we are not

welcome over the border, would have been a nice drive. Yes the lights are halogen. And no the ims bearing has not been done.

nice buy. 

Shame we could have driven out of the state together 

12 minutes ago, Ben901 said:

Evening Guys

Well done!

25 minutes ago, Ben901 said:

Evening Guys

Great buy, you don't often come across 996 Carrera with such low ks … IMSBearing in store for her? and while you're in there, clutch, RMSeal …..

Hi Ferry

Yes will probably have to go down that track, I know some say only 10% have the issue but knowing my luck I will be the lucky number 10

Had 4 other Porsche's overseas been back home in Aus since 2017 and every one of those cars had its achilles heel.

39 minutes ago, Ben901 said:

had to fight for her a little going up in price but after an inspection 

Nice buying Ben, those k’s are super low.

Are you saying you had to pay more than the $62k price previously mentioned based on competition? If so, sad to see the price not be honoured by the seller based on your interest.

1 minute ago, Stepo said:

Are you saying you had to pay more than the $62k price previously mentioned based on competition? If so, sad to see the price not be honoured by the seller based on your interest.

Hi Ferry 

I should have worded it better I was at 60K with the buyer then a cash buyer turned up at the original asking price so I transferred while talking 

on the phone lol.. there was a lot of interest so no time to think purchase then check..

7 minutes ago, Stepo said:

I bought a 997.2 GT2 in KL in similar similar circumstances that was a little more stressful :( John was a much more pleasant seller to deal with. 

2 hours ago, Ben901 said:

Yes Indeed I did try to figure a way in haha. 

Should have spoken with me .

though as of midnight tonight SA requiring all entrants to the state to fill out an online form . Min 72 hours prior to arriving ... but if you cannot just proceed to enter ... at your leisure and possible 2 week delay. 

Shame this series 2 is an auto, the Targa concept is interesting.  What do people think of the blackened wheels?

Seller needs a lesson in washing your car before taking pics but I do give them credit for taking more than the standard 3-5. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2002-porsche-911-996-auto-my02/SSE-AD-6712395/?Cr=46