[VIC] #HANGARBANGER2 27.01.19

36 minutes ago, Skidmarks said:

After he came back from one trip I asked him why he always gave it to me to mind.

”Because you can’t play guitar” was his reply

😁 👍

Shame you're not attending Sven. I still owe you a few beers 🍺🍺

6 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

I shared a house with a guy for a while.  We also played in bands together for a long time.  

I played the Rhodes, he had a very special hotrodded Gibson SG.

Long days and nights working on doing the best we could of the Doobies, Steely Dan and for shits and giggles, he’d do some Larry Carlton whilst I tried in vain to keep up.

I learned a lot from him.  He was wise.

He liked to travel.  Each time he went away, he’d make it a point to give me his SG to mind.  I put it under my bed as I knew what it had cost him to get it (and it wasn’t money).

After he came back from one trip I asked him why he always gave it to me to mind.

”Because you can’t play guitar” was his reply.

So GUT, I’m happy for you to have the keys and take good care of my car ...

That’s just nasty!

Ok I am in people. but due to time and 1400 k each way I will be flying down and back.

I have a lift to Colac from Symsy, now just trying to hopfuly find a lift back to or near Melbourne airport after the event on Sunday.

Flight is not till 8pm so plenty of time, happy to supply fuel $ or Beer $.

Looking forward to catching up

Cheers Rickie

Hey @hugh looking at the site map there's reference to a food and drinks area. Is that a Bunnings style sausage sizzle or a food truck or...? I'm bringing my son with me so just keen to know what the food situation is (sorry if it's mentioned elsewhere).

3 hours ago, Andy73 said:

Hey @hugh looking at the site map there's reference to a food and drinks area. Is that a Bunnings style sausage sizzle or a food truck or...? I'm bringing my son with me so just keen to know what the food situation is (sorry if it's mentioned elsewhere).

The local Lions Club will be providing the catering, sausage in bread etc. Straya!

5 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

I’m leaving Saturday morning staying in Colac not sure what time I will be there . Lee I will be carrying Zip ties and 100 mph tape to repair your car if you need . Just give me a buzz when you break down 

I carry plenty of race tape mate 😁

Fingers crossed I don't need it! 

1 minute ago, LeeM said:

1 minute ago, LeeM said:

Good job . I’m actually looking forward to getting in the car and having a drive 

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

I’m leaving Saturday morning staying in Colac not sure what time I will be there . Lee I will be carrying Zip ties and 100 mph tape to repair your car if you need . Just give me a buzz when you break down 

Don't forget the glitter, I know how much Lee loves glitter. 

1 hour ago, Port 911 said:

So I don't want to beg, but is there anyone that has a spare seat I can fill back to Melbourne after the event on Sunday afternoon. Heading to the airport or as close as I can get. PLEASE

No doubt there will be plenty of western suburb owners there that can assist. 

hey hugh

i see registration has officially closed but thinking I'll bring down my 72RSR and have my mechanic mate bring down my 550 just thought I'd let you know in case you wanted to leave any spots in your groupings (no stress I don't mind we'll park anywhere) 

being country folk we'll be coming form the north so wont be part of any convoys, will just turn up around 11am

sorry couldn't make plans before now, had wait to see what the silly weather was doing with fires today first 

Jase

2 posts in one day  wow

greenie .jpg

550 spyder .jpg

6 minutes ago, Port 911 said:

Hoping, just fell better once I have something squared off.

Also, there’ll be alot  of us driving back close to the city to get to east & south suburbs, very easy to drop you off at the city... then $25 in the skybus from southern cross station to Tullamarine... they leave every 30mins I think

Another backup for you just in case...

52 minutes ago, JAS356 said:

hey hugh

i see registration has officially closed but thinking I'll bring down my 72RSR and have my mechanic mate bring down my 550 just thought I'd let you know in case you wanted to leave any spots in your groupings (no stress I don't mind we'll park anywhere) 

being country folk we'll be coming form the north so wont be part of any convoys, will just turn up around 11am

sorry couldn't make plans before now, had wait to see what the silly weather was doing with fires today first 

Jase

2 posts in one day  wow

Cheers Jas,

Look forward to seeing you there!