Jump to content

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Skidmarks said:

 

After he came back from one trip I asked him why he always gave it to me to mind.

”Because you can’t play guitar” was his reply

 😁 👍

 Shame you're not attending Sven. I still owe you a few beers 🍺🍺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LeeM said:

 😁 👍

 Shame you're not attending Sven. I still owe you a few beers 🍺🍺

We have time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LeeM said:

 😁 👍

 Shame you're not attending Sven. I still owe you a few beers 🍺🍺

Me too! 🥃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

I shared a house with a guy for a while.  We also played in bands together for a long time.  

I played the Rhodes, he had a very special hotrodded Gibson SG.

Long days and nights working on doing the best we could of the Doobies, Steely Dan and for shits and giggles, he’d do some Larry Carlton whilst I tried in vain to keep up.

I learned a lot from him.  He was wise.

He liked to travel.  Each time he went away, he’d make it a point to give me his SG to mind.  I put it under my bed as I knew what it had cost him to get it (and it wasn’t money).

After he came back from one trip I asked him why he always gave it to me to mind.

”Because you can’t play guitar” was his reply.

So GUT, I’m happy for you to have the keys and take good care of my car ...

That’s just nasty!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I am in people. but due to time and 1400 k each way I will be flying down and back.

I have a lift to Colac from Symsy, now just trying to hopfuly find a lift back to or near Melbourne airport after the event on Sunday.

Flight is not till 8pm so plenty of time, happy to supply fuel $ or Beer $.

Looking forward to catching up

Cheers Rickie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @hugh looking at the site map there's reference to a food and drinks area. Is that a Bunnings style sausage sizzle or a food truck or...? I'm bringing my son with me so just keen to know what the food situation is (sorry if it's mentioned elsewhere).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Andy73 said:

Hey @hugh looking at the site map there's reference to a food and drinks area. Is that a Bunnings style sausage sizzle or a food truck or...? I'm bringing my son with me so just keen to know what the food situation is (sorry if it's mentioned elsewhere).

The local Lions Club will be providing the catering, sausage in bread etc. Straya!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hugh said:

The local Lions Club will be providing the catering, sausage in bread etc. Straya!

Ripper! It's what I'd be having for lunch at Bunnings anyway 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m leaving Saturday morning staying in Colac not sure what time I will be there . Lee I will be carrying Zip ties and 100 mph tape to repair your car if you need . Just give me a buzz when you break down 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

I’m leaving Saturday morning staying in Colac not sure what time I will be there . Lee I will be carrying Zip ties and 100 mph tape to repair your car if you need . Just give me a buzz when you break down 

   I carry plenty of race tape mate 😁

 Fingers crossed I don't need it! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LeeM said:

   I carry plenty of race tape mate 😁

 Fingers crossed I don't need it! 

 

 

1 minute ago, LeeM said:

   I carry plenty of race tape mate 😁

 Fingers crossed I don't need it! 

 

Good job . I’m actually looking forward to getting in the car and having a drive 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

I’m leaving Saturday morning staying in Colac not sure what time I will be there . Lee I will be carrying Zip ties and 100 mph tape to repair your car if you need . Just give me a buzz when you break down 

Don't forget the glitter, I know how much Lee loves glitter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, hugh said:

Don't forget the glitter, I know how much Lee loves glitter. 

Glitter ? Ok big flakes or small ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, hugh said:

Don't forget the glitter, I know how much Lee loves glitter. 

 Only coz it makes me look FAAAABULOUS sweety! 😘

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I don't want to beg, but is there anyone that has a spare seat I can fill back to Melbourne after the event on Sunday afternoon. Heading to the airport or as close as I can get. PLEASE

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Port 911 said:

So I don't want to beg, but is there anyone that has a spare seat I can fill back to Melbourne after the event on Sunday afternoon. Heading to the airport or as close as I can get. PLEASE

 

No doubt there will be plenty of western suburb owners there that can assist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Port 911 said:

So I don't want to beg, but is there anyone that has a spare seat I can fill back to Melbourne after the event on Sunday afternoon. Heading to the airport or as close as I can get. PLEASE

 

What time do you need to be at the airport?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scashin said:

What time do you need to be at the airport?

It's an 8pm flight with jetstar, and I only have carry one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey hugh

i see registration has officially closed but thinking I'll bring down my 72RSR and have my mechanic mate bring down my 550 just thought I'd let you know in case you wanted to leave any spots in your groupings (no stress I don't mind we'll park anywhere) 

being country folk we'll be coming form the north so wont be part of any convoys, will just turn up around 11am

sorry couldn't make plans before now, had wait to see what the silly weather was doing with fires today first 

Jase

 

2 posts in one day  wow

greenie .jpg

550 spyder .jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hugh said:

No doubt there will be plenty of western suburb owners there that can assist. 

Hoping, just feel better once I have something squared off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Port 911 said:

Hoping, just fell better once I have something squared off.

Also, there’ll be alot  of us driving back close to the city to get to east & south suburbs, very easy to drop you off at the city... then $25 in the skybus from southern cross station to Tullamarine... they leave every 30mins I think

Another backup for you just in case...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, JAS356 said:

hey hugh

i see registration has officially closed but thinking I'll bring down my 72RSR and have my mechanic mate bring down my 550 just thought I'd let you know in case you wanted to leave any spots in your groupings (no stress I don't mind we'll park anywhere) 

being country folk we'll be coming form the north so wont be part of any convoys, will just turn up around 11am

sorry couldn't make plans before now, had wait to see what the silly weather was doing with fires today first 

Jase

 

2 posts in one day  wow

Cheers Jas,

Look forward to seeing you there! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

PFA [Porsche Forum Australia]

This is an online platform for like-minded Porsche fans/fanatics/tragics to come together to read, chat and share.

It is also a platform to arrange and participate in off-line social meet-ups, events and drives.

×
×
  • Create New...