Accident on Eastern Freeway Melbourne

1 hour ago, WGA said:

And sadly, I half expect that the boys in blue will now pick on every Porsche driver out there as some kind of emotional payback. So drive super careful.

I’m not sure sure they will.  Accept that it might cross their minds but only if we give them a reasonable excuse.   

On 22/04/2020 at 22:11, James P said:

looks like a black 991 involved & are those the generic number plates that Lorbek put on all of the cars they have in the showroom? LLC-001

Screen-Shot-2020-04-22-at-9-58-25-pm.png

Lorbek have made clear no connection to them.  PCM plate surround, Qld plates.

https://7news.com.au/news/vic/porsche-car-dealer-evan-lorbek-tangled-up-in-melbourne-horror-crash-c-994101

I can see merit in public stoning for this bloke, around 2.5cm diameter, probably lots of them :ph34r:

As for the truck driver, judgement should be held until details come out which I have no doubt they will.  What if his boss scrimped on maintenance and his brakes weren't up to scratch when rounding a bend that was banked up with traffic from the two police car's lights and rubber necking?  Maybe more people could've died if he ploughed into 4 lanes of banked up traffic rather than thinking a swerve to the emergency lane was his best option.

I've seen many trucks of late arrive at our business that shouldn't be on the road, poor maintenance and drivers that look like they couldn't drive a shopping trolley.

20 hours ago, DJM said:

Some perspective:

- Porsche driving piece of shit was speeding and under the influence and took photos and ran off 

- trick driver crashed and killed 4 innocent cops

So media focuses on the former?   Everything that is wrong with modern media right there.

Totally.  Clearly the Porsche driver is a total a-hole but I still feel uncomfortable at the trial by media going on for him specifically and Porsche drivers in general.  He doesn’t own all the blame in the incident but he is the lightning rod for the grief over 4 people dead doing their job.  And the media loves to hate on any non-Camry vehicle.

I'm in agreeance with the sentiments here.

It's completely reasonable that he's facing jail for speeding and DUI, but to have this event happen right there and right then, that's... that's some kind of unholy bad luck. Life's put on a wet leather glove and taken a full-sprint running slap at this guy.

I'm not defending his actions in anyway.

2 minutes ago, grantmr said:

that's some kind of unholy bad luck. Life's put on a wet leather glove and taken a full-sprint running slap at this guy.

I am in amazement at the good luck this turd has had.

Seeing the 911 under the truck, I was confused that he escaped unhurt, until I read that the only reason he wasn't in the same area as the police is that he had walked off to urinate. 

Go figure.  He will have his day. 

On 23/04/2020 at 16:37, nytelfer said:

Sadly, the driver of the 911 Turbo is known in the Porsche community but has been using a different name in recent years.

And surely this current one is not his real name. Richard (Dick) Pusey indeed.

Once Vic Pol finish with him Ashton should make a call to the tax office to check how he funds his lifestyle.

4 hours ago, 3legs said:

Wow what a prick!

I watched some shit on this twat last night. Worthless oxygen thief is about all I can muster

Left field, workplace safety.

I've worked the multiple lane motorways. 

Standard to date is to use 3 or 4 vehicle's with VMS boards to indicate speed and arrows to shift traffic to desired lane/s. Traffic speed is gradually slowed progressively.

Then a bumptruck/ impact absorbing device then the taper of cones then a safety zone then the work zone.

In the past we had no VMS and had to stop on the shoulder to place temporary signs/device's. 

How can I describe what it's like to stand 1.5m from b doubles doing 100 110? 😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲

Industry "studies" indicate a group of ten hit at 40klmph would likely kill 4 out of 10, 60 is 6, 80 is 8. 100 is all ten.

There's no time to escape. 

I don't know the answer for the Police.

Every advance warning device placement carries a major risk to put in position to both road users and workers.

I don't do those types of assignments anymore because the risk is greater than it ever has been. Typically drivers will ignore any speed reductions not manned or policed.

Workcover will make recommendations out the end of their enquiries but the risk will remain.

The road is a pavement to transport vehicle's and a workplace for thousands. 

If you think I'm over selling the danger stop on the freeway. No wait, don't do that.

I just read that and cannot believe that a normal human could be capable of saying this to a person in need of critical care, it's absolutely despicable behavior that could not be defended. I feel sorry for the lawyers that have to defend this scum.

Wether we (Porsche enthusiasts) like it or not, there will be a stain that will be hard to remove from the Porsche world for the foreseeable future.

9 minutes ago, TINGY996 said:

I just read that and cannot believe that a normal human could be capable of saying this to a person in need of critical care, it's absolutely despicable behavior that could not be defended. I feel sorry for the lawyers that have to defend this scum.

Wether we (Porsche enthusiasts) like it or not, there will be a stain that will be hard to remove from the Porsche world for the foreseeable future.

Sadly your right Tingy.    On both counts.. 

30 minutes ago, Airhead said:

And surely this current one is not his real name. Richard (Dick) Pusey indeed.

Once Vic Pol finish with him Ashton should make a call to the tax office to check how he funds his lifestyle.

Rest assured, he will get everything that he deserves.....

59 minutes ago, TINGY996 said:

it's absolutely despicable behavior that could not be defended. I feel sorry for the lawyers that have to defend this scum.

Gawd I don't. Why would anyone want to defend sub humans like this twat? Lawyers trying to get criminals of all types off are part of why the legal system is a joke.

"Yes your honour, little Timmy might have an extensive arrest record, bu he's a good boy really, so let him off and he'll never do it again..." Sound familiar? 

3 hours ago, Coastr said:

Totally.  Clearly the Porsche driver is a total a-hole but I still feel uncomfortable at the trial by media going on for him specifically and Porsche drivers in general.  He doesn’t own all the blame in the incident but he is the lightning rod for the grief over 4 people dead doing their job.  And the media loves to hate on any non-Camry vehicle.

No doubt this guy is an Ahole scum but I think the media pile on is way over the top. As the car was being impounded and by the timeline given it was already in the possession/control of Vic Police so the serious charge of a driver leaving the scene of a fatality is probably not going to fly.  They have thrown the book at him but I expect a good lawyer will get him off on a lot of the charges even the speeding one. The situation is pretty much unprecedented so what is the correct/legal thing to do. 
This has a long way to run and the courts will sort it out as it should be and hopefully without any help/bias from the media. 

The right thing to do for this asshat is lock him up for a few years, yet those kind of people just take it on the chin as a way of life. He might be cashed up, yet going by the videos of him berating on a cancer patient and his criminal history, it goes to show he's probably a career criminal.

I'm certain the cops aren't going to let him slide under their radar in the future, yet as you say, there is bound to be a high priced lawyer rubbing his hands to provide the utter bullshit that the courts are going to hear to get him off

1 hour ago, Redracn said:

No doubt this guy is an Ahole scum but I think the media pile on is way over the top. As the car was being impounded and by the timeline given it was already in the possession/control of Vic Police so the serious charge of a driver leaving the scene of a fatality is probably not going to fly.  They have thrown the book at him but I expect a good lawyer will get him off on a lot of the charges even the speeding one. The situation is pretty much unprecedented so what is the correct/legal thing to do. 
This has a long way to run and the courts will sort it out as it should be and hopefully without any help/bias from the media. 

Initial media reports say he fled the scene implying on foot.  So you imagine this guy legging it up the embankment.  Then tonight I heard a passer by, Good Samaritan probably oblivious to the seriousness of it all picked him up and drove him back to Fitzroy.  Kind of has a different feel.  Not defending his actions, just a comment on media sensationalism,

I have been with an emergency brigade for the past 10 years ... we are stationed on the edge of a freeway so it goes without saying that the majority of our calls are to accidents are on same ..

It is more than scary to be anywhere on there with traffic flying past at 110k's ... cars, trucks, bikes etc.

Being hit at such speeds is on the forefront of mind every time I go on a call .. RIP to the 4 that lost their lives ...