Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

4 hours ago, Rick V said:

Hey guys, maybe for the next one we should synchronize watches/have a plan of sorts  Would be great to catch up & line up a few more Porsches together.  
Ended up parking across the road in the overflow parking area….. gotta get my lazy arse out of bed earlier! 

I’m down for that 👍

12 hours ago, Rick V said:

Hey guys, maybe for the next one we should synchronize watches/have a plan of sorts  Would be great to catch up & line up a few more Porsches together.  
Ended up parking across the road in the overflow parking area….. gotta get my lazy arse out of bed earlier! 

Always keen, with the warmer weather coming Unley is getting like Blackwood c&c, fills up early. I got there yesterday at 6.45 and it was 3/4 full already.

Had a not so pleasant surprise today. Seems the Montacute special stage across the Adelaide hills I took, on the way home from Unley c&c, had an unwelcome pot hole or rock. Left front hit whatever it was and this is the result. Drove home none the wiser and parked up. One new Pilot Sport 4S coming up☹️ Only put a new set on in January. Oh well shit happens when cars get driven 38AA9336-3574-48D3-A35E-D2175E2D819F.thumb.jpeg.38a4f8ce0ba38508f1ca266b77ef73d6.jpeg

32401B08-8B55-48E3-A669-989B8B56862D.jpeg

On 19/09/2021 at 10:22, Rick V said:

Took the GT3 down to Unley C&C….. rolled in at 7.30 to find a full carpark…. Cracking Adelaide morning & huge turnout.  Good range of stuff, but big numbers of nismo boys.  
Good to see a few flying the Porka flag…. 
quick squirt through Adelaide Hills & home. 

3F780066-9E7A-4F5F-B3D1-0D9DD4AF2DF8.jpeg

Am I right in understanding this is the 3rd Sunday of each month?

We're just planning a Tassie escape via direct flight to ADL next month for a few days, looks like this could coincide.  Would be good to catch up with you guys 🙂 

14 minutes ago, sjm said:

Yes, 3rd Sunday is correct. Blackwood c&c, 1st Sunday of the month is also v popular but even more important to arrive early as it's a smaller venue.

Choose which one suits. 😀

Thanks SJM, it would be Unley.  Hire car, so nothing to display 🙂 

A nice spirited early morning drive from Adgate in the Adelaide hills through Meadows to Strathalbyn and back to Crafers  pub for brekky. There was an Alfa 4C in the group too. Those things are flat handling weapons. And no the Amorok didn’t tag along. 

4868773A-8D8D-4503-A9C9-727915ABD4B5.jpeg

25ADC944-09C6-4902-9196-FB30B5F47910.jpeg

43EC0921-5820-4DF9-834D-1E3645AF1F8F.jpeg

65C3E3A3-E15E-437F-AA9F-161C8978F58A.jpeg

6 hours ago, 3legs said:

I didn't realise the Unley C&C was back on. Thought it was canned for good. Will have to try to get to the next one.

Last week was the 2nd to be held of the rejuvenated c&c. It's more organized with Covid  check in and more importantly for our Gov, someone to be held accountable.

53 minutes ago, sjm said:

Last week was the 2nd to be held of the rejuvenated c&c. It's more organized with Covid  check in and more importantly for our Gov, someone to be held accountable.

Am told privately by one of the organisers friends they're looking at not allowing 'standard' cars in the carpark, or at the very least encouraging people that are not driving something interesting (a.k.a Kia SUV or Camry etc) to park across the side road in the undercover park.

I've put my two cents in ages ago with asking to have an extra coffee van or two there (the previous organisers made a deal with their mates who run the coffee shop and banned coffee vans in the carpark. Elitist wankers 🙄). The consensus among a lot of people is that most are fed up with having to buy from that shop and wait 14 hours for a coffee. Then you have Blackwood! I was told by a client who lives across the road that I worked at recently, that theres a few residents have complained to the council about it, as they can't park anywhere to buy there morning papers etc, plus the dickheads doing skids up and down the side street and general noise that's waking up their budgies and cats. 

It's always been too small of a venue, and a lot just don't go there anymore. I haven't been to either venues for months

38 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Am told privately by one of the organisers friends they're looking at not allowing 'standard' cars in the carpark, or at the very least encouraging people that are not driving something interesting (a.k.a Kia SUV or Camry etc) to park across the side road in the undercover park.

I've put my two cents in ages ago with asking to have an extra coffee van or two there (the previous organisers made a deal with their mates who run the coffee shop and banned coffee vans in the carpark. Elitist wankers 🙄). The consensus among a lot of people is that most are fed up with having to buy from that shop and wait 14 hours for a coffee. Then you have Blackwood! I was told by a client who lives across the road that I worked at recently, that theres a few residents have complained to the council about it, as they can't park anywhere to buy there morning papers etc, plus the dickheads doing skids up and down the side street and general noise that's waking up their budgies and cats. 

It's always been too small of a venue, and a lot just don't go there anymore. I haven't been to either venues for months

Be interesting to see how they achieve their goal at Unley. Have been there in the past and it looks like a Toyota 86 show n shine.

I hear what you're saying about Blackwood. It's pretty tight and need to get there at least 1/2 hour before start time to get a park.

Would be  good to catch up again as a few here are keen in the future.

Spurted the Hotster around the hills for 3 or 4 hours with of course the obligatory coffee break, long overdue! Had a great run, fuch all traffic and back n forth made the most of my full quota of twisties in a 15k radius... it's 15ks as the crow flies huh :EvilSmile:

IGBLfJC.jpg

Nt9kt3t.jpg

Dam forgot the pics, but it did happen.

Took the 996tt tip for an outing if you could call it that.

From Elwood to Mordialloc and back, just outside our 15ks.

Seems everyone else had the same idea. Drove so much of the beach road on the brakes .😢 

Oh well next time, though we did stop at the Parkdale beach cafe and enjoyed a takeaway Aperol Spritza and sausage roll😊

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to finally get out for a post-lockdown drive here in Sydney after over 3 months parked in the garage. Was great weather for it. I would have contacted a few of you but if anyone else is interested in 0600 drives let me know. Yes it was an early start and surprising amount of traffic around but we still had a good run through most of the sections including Mac Pass. 

Funny enough caught up with a highway patrol car at the top of Mac Pass (I'm sure he was giving it a bit too!). He pulled over then followed us to Robertson Pie Shop. Said we had just crossed the regional boundary. Was very nice about it and told us to head back the way we came down Mac Pass which was also a good run! Turns out the boundary is just up the top of the pass for anyone that is heading that way.

DSC_3303-1080.JPG

DSC_3305-1080.JPG

DSC_3300-1080.JPG

Out and about in our rental car on the  Fleurieu Peninsula SA yesterday  passed a heap of sports cars of various breeds out and about.  Especially saw a white flat nose cab which looked like it had speedster humps (964?) closely followed by a metallic green(?) SC or 930.  Looked like they were enjoying themselves....

Made it out to the local Porsche Supersprint the other night at SMSP South circuit. Frantic little circuit with lots of twists and turns! Not sure if anyone has done it but really difficult to master. I'd say trickier than the GP circuit and virtually zero opportunity to practice on it seems. Lots of fun though.

20211020_184100.jpg

20211020_192528.jpg

Well not mine, but yesterday I test drove a '98 996 tip for a PFA member.

Man they're a lot of fun in the twisties! Just point and shoot, even though the toggle buttons still suck, yet what a great car that was to drive.

(And before anyone asks. NO I'm not thinking about a 996 again)