Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

I hear ya @LeeM. I have not been feeling it lately either. In some ways it was good to get out Sunday morning but the feeling didn’t go away. First world problems. @Rick V I would definitely be up for a drive within the next few weeks. Let’s get something happening.

@Shedpest

@Cam Arnott

@sjm

@wilson59

1 hour ago, spiller said:

I hear ya @LeeM. I have not been feeling it lately either. In some ways it was good to get out Sunday morning but the feeling didn’t go away.

I just get bored easily mate. Been driving most weekends for 4 or 5 years on and off, and the past year has been a really shit one, so I've just let it take a back seat in life for a while. One day I'll get back out there

12 hours ago, spiller said:

I hear ya @LeeM. I have not been feeling it lately either. In some ways it was good to get out Sunday morning but the feeling didn’t go away. First world problems. @Rick V I would definitely be up for a drive within the next few weeks. Let’s get something happening.

@Shedpest

@Cam Arnott

@sjm

@wilson59

Definitely up for a drive, this weekend is out as is 20th March ( Hyperdrive @ The Bend )

10 hours ago, LeeM said:

I just get bored easily mate. Been driving most weekends for 4 or 5 years on and off, and the past year has been a really shit one, so I've just let it take a back seat in life for a while. One day I'll get back out there

Historic at Malalla the last drive? Straight roads not a 911 forte.😁

2 hours ago, Dalai said:

I'm considering coming across to Malalla to spectate, though not in the Porsche. Might see some of you there if I do head over?

I recommend it mate, as you are free to roam anywhere you want in the pits and around the track to spectators.

I MUCH prefer Mallala to The Bend, as it not only has history, its just a better place for spectators who can be close up to the action. Turn one on the mound next to the pits is a great place to watch. The food isn't exactly cheap, yet most places are the same, but I'm happy to pay for greasy food and drinks.

Let me know when the historics are on and I'll seeya there for sure

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

I recommend it mate, as you are free to roam anywhere you want in the pits and around the track to spectators.

Let me know when the historics are on and I'll seeya there for sure

Historic races are great like that. I'd like to see people try to walk through the garages and watch / talk to the drivers in other events!

Will let you know if I head over. It's on the 23rd-24th April this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably seen as sacrilege by some, but I drove the GT3 to The Bend Thursday, only to leave it in the carpark!  ….. then my Son, Tom & I each jumped into a Mustang and drove some fast laps around a shortened circuit.  
Reckon there’s nothing better than flogging someone else’s car! 

304E655E-D681-4C51-9554-5A11FD460BC6.jpeg

64540D20-F6C6-430A-99C3-A5BBF84C5631.jpeg

Great weekend to get out and about.   Started our 3 dayer at the Westgate servo…. Dave/ ozvino taking his 1982, 924 Turbo out in its first run after having it in storage for 10 years .    So 3 old shitters and 3 Caymans.  Headed off to the back roads of the  Bellarine Peninsula 803DC0BC-5C76-4F91-87D6-CCA8CB6B667D.thumb.jpeg.6a5d6b74b188fc51539b92fecab3767b.jpeg Had lunch and fuel up at Apollo Bay  ….A5F71A99-DD13-474C-BF2D-82F98D42673A.thumb.jpeg.10271ffe409cf46c132da4dbdaffe039.jpeg885C7A80-E4FF-429E-8C1F-B9E0A8ABA748.thumb.jpeg.3e749656825fd4bc13a16fca2b380952.jpegfrom lunch it was a Great Ocean Road drive to Port Campbell for our first overnight stay. Around 400k for the day   Roads were very quiet, and we had a great day of driving.    

First time out at The Bend on the international circuit. 997 held up really well, gundo mod exhaust in full song was brilliant. Brakes and tyres survived surprisingly well, amazing track to drive 😁. The only issue was oil temp was over 120c, weather was mild/warm 27c but full sun. Car is stock, no third radiator or deep oil sump. Curious to what others oil temps get to! All in all a great day even with fuel prices the way they are.

60314446-924D-46C3-892F-674399502A3A.jpeg

F34BAAC8-371A-479E-A0AA-3F64B2B500CB.jpeg

On 19/03/2022 at 05:59, Niko said:

Great weekend to get out and about.   Started our 3 dayer at the Westgate servo…. Dave/ ozvino taking his 1982, 924 Turbo out in its first run after having it in storage for 10 years .    So 3 old shitters and 3 Caymans.  Headed off to the back roads of the  Bellarine Peninsula  Had lunch and fuel up at Apollo Bay  ….885C7A80-E4FF-429E-8C1F-B9E0A8ABA748.thumb.jpeg.3e749656825fd4bc13a16fca2b380952.jpegfrom lunch it was a Great Ocean Road drive to Port Campbell for our first overnight stay. Around 400k for the day   Roads were very quiet, and we had a great day of driving.    

Looks glorious. Always so good to get out there for a few days!

10 hours ago, sjm said:

First time out at The Bend on the international circuit. 997 held up really well, gundo mod exhaust in full song was brilliant. Brakes and tyres survived surprisingly well, amazing track to drive 😁. The only issue was oil temp was over 120c, weather was mild/warm 27c but full sun. Car is stock, no third radiator or deep oil sump. Curious to what others oil temps get to! All in all a great day even with fuel prices the way they are.

Nice one Steve. Track days are a veeeeery slippery slope mate! 😁

1 minute ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Made to be used mate, don't worry about it.  Once you've got your first scrape you stop being anal about it......

Lucky no scrape this time  but if it was a tiny bit lower...

11 hours ago, LeeM said:

Nice one Steve. Track days are a veeeeery slippery slope mate! 😁

Thanks Lee, yep can’t stop relaying some (most😁) of the corners in my mind thinking how to perfect them. If only I was in the financial position to score a GT3. Saying that a very nice 996 Cup car met with the concrete at the end of the main straight. My better half would be ropable if that was me😳