Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

15 hours ago, Joz said:

image.png.ad4215c4877ec2a18b3ea03765594f4f.png

@Niko, so your BBC got wet it seems.

Also missing @P-Kay from the usual suspects today?

Great to @TwoHeadsTas make it along too!

Did my back in Saturday morning but that was not going to stop me.

Went down stairs to make breakfast and saw rain. Went outside and saw more coming. Remembered there was no coffee at the venue. Went back upstairs and back to bed.

Ended up going to cars and coffee closer to home when the sun was permanently out.

I think I've gone soft 🤔

14 hours ago, Dalai said:

Recommend not googling as there is another meaning...

Great morning catching up with everyone including @TwoHeadsTas who came across from Tassie just for the meet (we all know the Billy Joel concert was a ruse to come over).

Delicious breakfast then afterwards enjoying the sun and company at the Naked Racer Cafe.

Great to catch up with everyone I knew, and to also meet some more PFA names, especially @Niko 🙂  It would have been great to have breakfast, but the boss was back at the Air BnB and I thought another hour would have been stretching the leave pass a bit...

You know, we really are a great group here, where great friendships are made, even though it may be months or years between catchups 🙂  

3 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Great to catch up with everyone I knew, and to also meet some more PFA names, especially @Niko 🙂  It would have been great to have breakfast, but the boss was back at the Air BnB and I thought another hour would have been stretching the leave pass a bit...

You know, we really are a great group here, where great friendships are made, even though it may be months or years between catchups 🙂  

Good on you mate, it was a great effort for you to be there and share our early morning PBTB.   As I mentioned in another post, (Where did you drive your Porsche today) I didn't actually realise it was you until I was told some time later.  Just knew you, as I was introduced to you as Peter...   Great chatting though, maybe if you get over again we can take you out to brekky, or if you bring the 996 or the Coxster over, get a drive in as well.  Agree completely that we do have a great group of blokes/girls from the forum.   

A few days back headed off from Coolangatta at sparrows for a 6 hour belt around the hinterland, Tweed mountains and back down to the coast for coffee at cab beach. Then Brunswick Heads and across and up into the hills again. Playing spot the pothole on quite a few of the B n C roads but no traffic to speak off and a clear run. 

FBQttY6.jpg

I love being able to combine 2 of my favorite things, driving an air cooled 911 & spending some quality time with my son.

I’d serviced the car a few weeks ago, had been waiting on some parts to be able to get it back on the road and today was a perfect☀️ day for a drive.

We enjoyed 230km of back roads through Redesdale, Mia Mia, Heathcote, Toobarac, Lancefield, Carlsruhe, Kyneton, Lauriston, Malmsbury, Taradale, Elphinstone, Harcourt & Sedgwick however the endless potholes meant 👀 were firmly on the road not the beautiful country side.

A0200E7A-7975-4C74-9BF2-8C55703F339C.jpeg

It was another sensational ☀️ day today so my son & I attended the Porsches & Coffee Run with the Porsche Club of Victoria. 

We met at a cafe in Keilor  & followed a well planned route on some nice twisty roads via the Melbourne Airport, Wallan, Kilmore, Lancefield & Newham to another cafe at the top Mt Macedon.

Another 320km today for 550km this weekend and the car is purring like a kitten ☺️

5431A994-BA76-4316-8F3D-C9CADE3AB53B.jpeg

1 hour ago, Yeatesy said:

It was another sensational ☀️ day today so my son & I attended the Porsches & Coffee Run with the Porsche Club of Victoria. 

We met at a cafe in Keilor  & followed a well planned route on some nice twisty roads via the Melbourne Airport, Wallan, Kilmore, Lancefield & Newham to another cafe at the top Mt Macedon.

Another 320km today for 550km this weekend and the car is purring like a kitten ☺️

Nearly went on this drive, Kon the organiser sure is a character.

Instead took the bride out for a local outing, only to find I’ve got coolant drips on the driveway now.

Hopefully can get it rectified quickly but with only a few days to Christmas 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Joz said:

Nearly went on this drive, Kon the organiser sure is a character.

Instead took the bride out for a local outing, only to find I’ve got coolant drips on the driveway now.

Hopefully can get it rectified quickly but with only a few days to Christmas 🤷‍♂️

He sure is, he was following me today and looked like he was chatting the entire time. 

That’s not good, hopefully it’s something that can be easily fixed, I have a similar issue but with a different type of cooling system 🙁

11 hours ago, Joz said:

Mate, if it's only a few drops, don't be paranoid, just check your coolant level, top up if necessary, and sort out after Christmas when the hubub dies down and people are back at work.  Have had same issue with my car, I have replacement water pump and thermostat sitting there, just need the time to be able to do.  I just keep driving the car and haven't even had the need to topup yet.  I did put a catchtray for the drips though, to let me see how much is dripping, and to stop the coolant staining the garage floor.

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Mate, if it's only a few drops, don't be paranoid, just check your coolant level, top up if necessary, and sort out after Christmas when the hubub dies down and people are back at work.  Have had same issue with my car, I have replacement water pump and thermostat sitting there, just need the time to be able to do.  I just keep driving the car and haven't even had the need to topup yet.  I did put a catchtray for the drips though, to let me see how much is dripping, and to stop the coolant staining the garage floor.

Just a view but reckon a little bit more unease when you mention coolant leak and have a mezger engine me thinks unless of course there is a massive difference in the ratio of metal to epoxy on the coolant tubes.

18 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

it was great to meet you and a treat to watch the Yellow Bird in the rear view mirror while dodging potholes on route !! didn't quite dodge them all though, i hope my navigation was keeping you in check !! it was a great day out with our first official PCV run after coming to Melbourne via the Great Ocean Road on Saturday in beautiful sunshine. 

21 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

He sure is, he was following me today and looked like he was chatting the entire time. 

That’s not good, hopefully it’s something that can be easily fixed, I have a similar issue but with a different type of cooling system 🙁

Took the car to get looked at this morning to ease my fretting. At first glance it seems like the 20 year old expansion reservoir could be the culprit. Fingers crossed.

But it'll be new year before it actually will get sorted at this stage. Anyhow it was suggested not to venture to far from home in case it totally drops it's guts.

Kon, with a mouth full of marbles under water🤣

12 hours ago, Joz said:

Took the car to get looked at this morning to ease my fretting. At first glance it seems like the 20 year old expansion reservoir could be the culprit. Fingers crossed.

But it'll be new year before it actually will get sorted at this stage. Anyhow it was suggested not to venture to far from home in case it totally drops it's guts.

Kon, with a mouth full of marbles under water🤣

I'm thinking it would be the same or similar as the 986 set up.   I did the reservoir on mine, just got old and brittle and finally crapped itself.   Good luck with it.

On 19/12/2022 at 15:30, Julian1 said:

it was great to meet you and a treat to watch the Yellow Bird in the rear view mirror while dodging potholes on route !! didn't quite dodge them all though, i hope my navigation was keeping you in check !! it was a great day out with our first official PCV run after coming to Melbourne via the Great Ocean Road on Saturday in beautiful sunshine. 

Julian we would have got lost if we hadn't been following you so thanks again for that and I look forward to seeing you both at another club event in the future.

23 minutes ago, Yeatesy said:

Julian we would have got lost if we hadn't been following you so thanks again for that and I look forward to seeing you both at another club event in the future.

Jeez, you and Julian & Jill would have had a big drive just to get to the start, presume they came from Portland?  Great effort to all of you!!!

Great day for a midweek SMT, so a few of us got together and headed off into the wild green winding yonder.  Traffic was light and the only drama was a few potholes but we came through unscathed after about 270k for me.   Two Caymans, Mine and Arne's and Daves new Mischievous Purple Mustang (Californication Edition 😎).  Have to say it is a nice sound listening to a flat 6 do it's thing, but...there aint nothing like a big banger with the exhaust tuned in to Track mode.   Ended up at the Noojee pub for a lunch on the deck, and very nice it was too.  IMG_0499.thumb.JPG.26c4155cd383d687d6bd83e7861be89d.JPGIMG_0503.thumb.JPG.7e081baf6be153e74da9e992a6be98b0.JPGIMG_0513.thumb.JPG.c58770d27382b4750a7ce072328c3137.JPGIMG_0520.thumb.JPG.5f3a776a946c625d3c874f6690f58343.JPGIMG_0522.thumb.JPG.73602606f60de14e35a37952fead2367.JPG 

thanks guys for a great morning out and about .

Agreed , Dave's beast has some mighty growl to it. However, a quick chat with the people behind confirmed,  the BBC got narrowly beaten by the ASC for The People Choice Award. Main factor was the BBC turned up not as clean as usual. Sorry Niko. 

MEL to ADL 

takeaways

1. glad I didn’t lower the suspension when I got the stock setup refreshed. The roads were bloody terrible in lots of places.

2. similar for exhaust, have a noisy one on a Boxster and 3 hours to Sydney is enough. All day would get tiresome.

3. Stock seats are pretty good after 8 hours of sitting in them ( aside from food breaks etc). Bit stiff but that’s more age than anything.

4. Wish drivers would drive to the states speed limits and not 10 km’s below 

5. Bloody rain and cattle trucks, now needs a good clean 

5B40B008-054E-4BA9-B87D-21F2B1A838CC.jpeg

A6B195F8-5DB9-40E5-A0D1-AAC18890097E.jpeg

5D367234-F559-4E3C-A7E7-DFFC9D34869C.jpeg

79E683BF-E5E5-4FF0-AAD9-FCB0880BD9F1.jpeg

Great looking car.

I've done that trip when I bought my current 997 and it's not very exciting although in a 911 any trip is a joy🙂.

Yes, 100kph is ridiculous but 90 is flat out frustrating.

1 hour ago, sjm said:

Great looking car.

I've done that trip when I bought my current 997 and it's not very exciting although in a 911 any trip is a joy🙂.

Yes, 100kph is ridiculous but 90 is flat out frustrating.

Try it for 9 hours to country Victoria in an air cooled with no air cond and 42° heat. It ain't fun I can assure you! 😅🙄