Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Joz said:

After a day and night staying at Peppers Marysville we had amazing day out today with some of the crew from PCV, here we’re parked high above Eildon. Not a road for rubber necking, amazing views but massive drops down one side. 

IMG_2012.jpeg

IMG_2004.jpeg

IMG_2002.jpeg

IMG_1997.jpeg

Hope the "ole girl" kept  all that new stuff busy 😀

600kms break-in drive on back roads around Western Vic. Roads were very quiet. Once off the highway, hardly another car to be seen.  And surprisingly, it was a pretty good cruiser with a much better ride than all the journos portray....and thrifty too. It returned 10l/100kms! 

IMG_3259.jpeg

IMG_3261.jpeg

IMG_3263.jpeg

I've picked up my new car and I'm officially a Porsche owner now, it's been a 23 year wait of wanting one so it's a real milestone moment for me. Did a 12 hour, 1000 km drive from north of Sydney to bring it back home to Melbourne and it was flawless. The sports seats are amazingly comfortable, but in spite of that my lower back and right wrist was still aggrieved sitting there that long.

But it's done, safely home and it's mine! Madness. I love the thing like a child already.

Also - boy Cumberland Hwy and some of the other roads in and around Sydney is in shocking condition!

20230802_102525.jpg

20230802_111414.jpg

3 hours ago, CoSo said:

I've picked up my new car and I'm officially a Porsche owner now, it's been a 23 year wait of wanting one so it's a real milestone moment for me. Did a 12 hour, 1000 km drive from north of Sydney to bring it back home to Melbourne and it was flawless. The sports seats are amazingly comfortable, but in spite of that my lower back and right wrist was still aggrieved sitting there that long.

But it's done, safely home and it's mine! Madness. I love the thing like a child already.

Welcome, nothing like a road trip for Porsche Car bonding.

I've done a similar trip from Syd to Melb but broke it up with a stopover in Albury, enjoy your new wheels!

6 hours ago, CoSo said:

I've picked up my new car and I'm officially a Porsche owner now

I saw this listed and disappear pretty quick - congratulations, looked like a really good car for a good price!

2 hours ago, JWM said:

I saw this listed and disappear pretty quick - congratulations, looked like a really good car for a good price!

Thank you! I think it was a very fair price, considering the low km, it has 2 years of extended factory warranty, was extremely well looked after, and I'm only the third owner. 

The sellers were also such a lovely couple too and made the transaction so easy.

4 hours ago, Joz said:

Sundays PCV GT3/RS drive. With @hughand @9fan heading the outing.

A great day of great roads through Gippsland followed. Finally lunch at the Criterion Hotel Moe.

71296385719__0CD6ADA4-D2C2-404B-A881-CFEA0FCC6564.thumb.jpeg.7b581bcfcb05bbd24b4bfc36df5f05b3.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3d16ae69ac2d49dfa598b4d0557c91f8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.856258c035249bfd5b4e5c118c4b8d69.jpeg

1 hour ago, DM911 said:

Awesome run. 

IMG_6324 copy.jpeg

IMG_6322 copy.jpeg

IMG_6308 copy.jpeg

IMG_6307 copy.jpeg

IMG_6302 copy.jpeg

IMG_6301 copy.jpeg

IMG_2210 copy.jpeg

1 hour ago, tomk86 said:

Thanks for the photos, I couldn’t make it unfortunately, keen to join the next one!

It was a great run, conditions were better than I expected thankfully. 

In relation to the next one, in terms of official PCV GT3 register runs that was it for the year - next one will be early 2024. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Is that winery in King Valley that we stopped at on the way up to Luftwasser last year (or perhaps the first year??)

So close but so far, Yarra Valley at the Chocolaterie😊

Was unbelievably busy, lucky we had a couple of tables booked.

https://www.yvci.com.au/

• 2 weeks later...

Few of us took a mate with a very short remaining life expectancy for a run on Friday, followed by a coffee and long chat.  He took turns in each of our passenger seats, and we also had a good chat along the way.  Very glad we did this for him, it also gave his wife a couple of hours to herself as well.

We're hoping we'll get another drive in next month before the inevitable.  It's great that his wife wants to keep his early 911 hotrod 🙂   Not a bad little collection of cars we got together, Tassie's remaining 996 RS, ex Quinn 996 Turbo, my dirty old 996.1 and a mate's excellent 944S

image.thumb.jpeg.c826e5830ee6e82cb5fb091c55a5e73f.jpeg

20230901_111533 (002).jpg